• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:11 AM

Core crash

Started by Phathry25, December 16, 2015, 02:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

These are pretty bad for me in the sprint car.  This isn't even the version I modified.  I tried 2x just now and didn't make it more than 2 laps.  I capture video as well, will add later.

Phathry25

https://www.youtube.com/v/QzN21SEjD-o

Obviously the crash happens as the sound stops and the video ends.

Phathry25

Can I get any kind of an acknowledgment of this?  For me this crash is a show stopper right now.  I'm lucky to get a single timed lap in, I've never gotten more than 5.  I'm back to default content, but the crashes still happen at the same rate.

doubledragoncc

In GPBikes we get it far worse than you do not lol

One thing we found and I dont know if it would help in WRS, but the replay buffer can cause core crashes!!! Check your gpbikes.ini file and try making the buffer smaller. I had to go to 450MB even though some can have it at a 1000. It depends on your Windows install etc etc.

UNDER CORE SECTION OF GPBIKES.INI
[core]
replay = 450

Sorry I cant help more with it as its WRS.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

I don't find the core section in GPBikes.ini :-(
I didn't find any "replay=" anywhere
I find only a "NoPBuffer=0"

Napalm Nick

You will only have it if you wrote it in in the first place  ;) People add it to increase the amount of replay length they can have.

In my experience ODE errors are different to the Cores seen as a result of too high Replay values. But it is worth a check.

IMO all testing of Mods should only be done with vanilla files.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"