• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:42:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Trick for improve the GP Bikes colors/contrast etc...

Started by Blackheart, December 07, 2015, 04:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

December 07, 2015, 04:50:11 PM Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:20:46 AM by Blackheart
Before

After

This method is very easy;

1_Download ReShade + SweetFX Here
2_Extract all files in C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes
3_Open the SweetFX_settings.txt file with notepad, set 1 for enable an effect, for example;

Quote#define USE_HDR              0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

Replace the 0 with a 1 for enable it, in this way:

Quote#define USE_HDR              1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

In the bottom of the text file you can edit in detail, every single effect.

The effects that I can recommend are:

1_BLOOM - Very nice effect.
2_TONEMAP - Essential for correct exposure and saturation.
3_CURVES - For a great contrast.

The performance loss is very slight (with my laptop 3-4 frames)

I hope this helps someone  :)

Napalm Nick

Hey great tip I will give this a good fiddling with.  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

matty0l215

Very interesting.

Not my cup of tea but very nice regardless :D

Good work mate :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Interesting find there Blacky.  Well worth a good testing.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

yoshimura

I'm not a fan of this kind of thing, but that's fine for gp Thank you ;)

Blackheart

December 08, 2015, 10:11:02 PM #6 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:34:57 PM by Blackheart
My combo is too strong for some monitor, i recommend of create your preferred settings, for example the bloom to some may not like, because it burns the sky (I like it in the 1p view!)  ;)

HornetMaX

The last version of ReShade (1.1.0) is great. It has a small gui (Mediator, weird name) that allows you to select which effects you want and their parameters without editing the config files manually.
Also, it can detect your game API and push the right dll and the config of the effects to the installation folder of your game. The process is now really nice  and simple. Great piece of software.

I noticed that with GPB ReShade's MSAA significatly darkens the image while FSAA does not. Strange ...

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 09, 2015, 07:59:14 AM
The last version of ReShade (1.1.0) is great. It has a small gui (Mediator, weird name) that allows you to select which effects you want and their parameters without editing the config files manually.
Also, it can detect your game API and push the right dll and the config of the effects to the installation folder of your game. The process is now really nice  and simple. Great piece of software.

I noticed that with GPB ReShade's MSAA significatly darkens the image while FSAA does not. Strange ...

I tried it but didn't seem to do anything when I was in the game. Nothing happened. Any ideas?

Blackheart

December 10, 2015, 01:48:45 AM #10 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:53:34 AM by Blackheart
Try THIS is manual but is very simple, copy/paste in your game folder (core.exe folder) if u want can edit the MasterEffects.h in real time, DOF + BLOOM and color correction they are already enabled, but can be easily modified as you wish.

If you have too much saturation, try to lower it in tonemap or set to 0 vibrance.  :P

Backspace in the game for ON/OFF

P.S. For the SMAA Anti-aliasing i think u need disable the AA in the game and maybe in your driver panel.

-aGy-

here is my setup. extract gp bikes folder. need some work but ok
link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vg7xfmbx7y4smm/Gp%20Bikes.7z?dl=0

h106frp

The 'dithering' effect makes a nice job of blending in ragged hard visible edges around spectators and other track-side bitmaps

Blackheart

Quote from: -aGy- on December 10, 2015, 08:41:46 AM
here is my setup. extract gp bikes folder. need some work but ok
link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vg7xfmbx7y4smm/Gp%20Bikes.7z?dl=0

Lol seems to race in a track with two different skies.  ::)