• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Auto clutch disabled

Started by Slawi, December 17, 2015, 07:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slawi

I was wondering. If I switch off the Auto clutch option it's obvious I'm goona use clutch to start the car, but what about changing gears in cars with sequential gearbox with paddles or up/down shifter. You don't use clutch for downshifting and upshifting, do you? Would I be able to change gears without the Auto clutch option enabled and without using the clutch pedal?

Stout Johnson

December 17, 2015, 12:34:08 PM #1 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:39:40 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 07:14:13 AM
I was wondering. If I switch off the Auto clutch option it's obvious I'm goona use clutch to start the car, but what about changing gears in cars with sequential gearbox with paddles or up/down shifter. You don't use clutch for downshifting and upshifting, do you? Would I be able to change gears without the Auto clutch option enabled and without using the clutch pedal?
WRS simulates the cars very comprehensively. You can change gears without using clutch. Depending on the car, it is easy on e.g. race cars with auto engine cutoff on shifts, but for example on the Tandridge SL RD with standard shifting, you need to use good throttle blip in order to shift. Imo, it still is a tad bit too easy compared to real life, but definitely on-par or better than in other sims. As you seem to have experience from real life, maybe you can try and give feedback on what you think.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Slawi

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 17, 2015, 12:34:08 PM
Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 07:14:13 AM
WRS simulates the cars very comprehensively. You can change gears without using clutch. Depending on the car, it is easy on e.g. race cars with auto engine cutoff on shifts, but for example on the Tandridge SL RD with standard shifting, you need to use good throttle blip in order to shift. Imo, it still is a tad bit too easy compared to real life, but definitely on-par or better than in other sims. As you seem to have experience from real life, maybe you can try and give feedback on what you think.

I have real experience in telemetry analysis. I've driven once a real Radical around the track so I can't give too much feedback on that, but I have a lot of experience in simracing, though. In that Radical you had 3 pedals, You used the clutch for starting and stopping but shifted without the clutch. 

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
I've driven once a real Radical around the track so I can't give too much feedback on that, but I have a lot of experience in simracing, though. In that Radical you had 3 pedals, You used the clutch for starting and stopping but shifted without the clutch.
I know the Radical from IR and it is a cool car. Would love to drive that thing in real life :) And as stated above, you can shift cars in WRS like their real life counterparts. Very realistic.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------