• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:56:30 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta7b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2015, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel_F

another one only front braking on this one (engine break at max to force the behavior)
https://youtu.be/k2TDR-ZBXGw

Vini

very good demonstration of the bug!

HornetMaX

OK, I think I see what's happening, at least partially.

With the 990 when you downshift it pinches the clutch briefly, automatically (don't ask me why, I don't know) and it also blips the throttle, even with shift help off.

So in the two videos the sounds you hear is the clutch that disengages and re-engages (and it's normal that this shakes the bike up a bit).
You can see this clearly if you enable the physics debug mode: each time you downshift, the clutch gets pinched and the throttle blipped.

On the varese, there's no "auto-pitch-the-clutch-when-downshifting", so this doesn't happen: you can't downshift, but you don't upset the bike (and you don't hear the weird sound).

BTW, I tried to set "SemiAutomatic" to zero (in the gearbox section of the bike .cfg) and I was expecting the "auto-pitch-the-clutch-when-downshifting" to disappear, but it was still there.

Anyway, I still think what I said before (plus the fact I don't see why on the 990 we'd have an auto-clutch+blip when shifting down):

QuoteThe only bug I see is the one already reported: pull the clutch, brake with the rear, you can't up/downshift. That's wrong for me.

The other weird thing I see is the one that has always been here: on bikes with no shifter and with shift help off, I don't see why we are able to shift up without lifting the throttle and to shift down without using the clutch. Eventually I may be persuaded that we can shift up without using the clutch nor lifting the throttle, but not that we can shift down without the clutch (in any situation).

I think that solving the bug (can't shift while pulling the clutch and rear braking) may already take away some strange behaviours. I'll open a thread (or two) in the bug section, let's see.

Vini

Sounds plausible.

I might do some tests with the Varese, though because I seem to remember the same thing happening sometimes.
I could be wrong, it was a couple of months ago, before I started revmatching manually.

JJS209

yesterday i was on the italian misano server with more than 13 riders.
i got 2 cores in the garage while refreshing the tyres.
one more joining the garage from track with the "esc" button and another one entering the setup section while in pitwindow.

yoshimura

December 02, 2015, 09:38:35 AM #320 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:19:59 PM by yoshimura
Could one have the thought of developers on the opinions, criticisms on the forum,is whether or not we have the credit, all our formulations.tks.

as talking to a wall......

KawaKasper

Hi,
last time i played GPbikes was 2 yers ago, now i downloaded it again, seems that physics still a bit glitchy.
tried to race online, but i cannot connect to any server... It says missing bikes or mismatch with the track? What happend to that game? Reminds me a bit on rfactor, where you have to downloads lots of modified stuff to race online.  :-\

BozoCRO

Yes go to the Bikes section to download mods. Stock bikes are a bit broken at the moment.

matty0l215

Quote from: KawaKasper on December 08, 2015, 06:58:30 PM
Hi,
last time i played GPbikes was 2 yers ago, now i downloaded it again, seems that physics still a bit glitchy.
tried to race online, but i cannot connect to any server... It says missing bikes or mismatch with the track? What happend to that game? Reminds me a bit on rfactor, where you have to downloads lots of modified stuff to race online.  :-\

HEREis a link to the Bike MOD. I contains most current bikes and will be updated on the 14th with all current bikes.

Tracks can be downloaded HERE

And you can have a look HERE to see all servers running with the bikes and tracks listed

Hope this helps :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Urban Chaos 2.0

The game keeps crashing. Seriously, this needs to be fixed. >:(

Yohji

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on December 09, 2015, 12:41:33 PM
The game keeps crashing. Seriously, this needs to be fixed. >:(
you show more infomation of crashing to fix

Napalm Nick

My final post (and video) on the inspiring(!) Beta 7b release, for 2015!

Just wanted to re-iterate what is fast becoming top of my list of fixes due to how it affects my fun of onboard view, fast and exciting rides. More prevalent now due to recent bike releases (awesome) and Hotlap track choices.

So the video below is nothing new and is only a demonstration of what our dear H first posted about here. That's the place for more discussion about it. Thanks H.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/v/5aYtId8bViE&feature=youtu.be
Happy New Year to you all. ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 29, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
Other:
Server findings so far (probably needs someone else to check too):

fix: whitelist and blacklist update     (EG: allow me to change the whitelist when someone joins an event LATE!  ::)
Only seems to work with removing a player from whitelist then using update command. Adding a player - no change

PiBoSo - please note despite what I said above, the whitelist will now update in B7b when adding a player - I have retested it now some port conflicts were sorted. Thank you!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"