• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Anyone know exactly what dictates the SIZE of a replay file?

Started by Napalm Nick, January 06, 2016, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Anyone know exactly what dictates the SIZE of a replay file?

I know there is a massive difference with Wet races and Dynamic surface races (usually these files are too big to record for most people even if they tweak gpbikes.ini up to the maximum for their machine).

The reason I ask is I have a 1 hour 55 minute race replay file for Dry Monza_NDS (16 players) and it is 180Mb.
I have the latest 1 hour 43 minute race replay for Dry Hockenheim_NDS (16 player race) and it is a whopping 817Mb ( 4-5 x bigger file but shorter replay!)

My games machine maximum ini setting works out the equivalent of 512Mb of replay (default 10Mb) so I can't watch the Hockenheim one.

Never had to ask it before for the club races because the server can take a whopping replay file (which I chop up into the smaller sessions usually)

Hence the question.  ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Stupid questions first: they came from the same version of GPB, right ? (you're allowed to roll eyes, I won't complain)

Other than that, only things that comes to mind is: how many riders retired (and when) in each race ? You see what I mean ...

Napalm Nick

Yes mate only two-3 weeks apart in my new 7b replays folder (I copied nothing from 6c or 7a)

Yeh I see what you mean about drop outs, it is possible, I will have to check how many finished in both races and at what stage.

Thanks for thoughts  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"