• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:31:59 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

Quote from: r1rossi on March 15, 2016, 11:02:04 PM
Thank you for all your guys help..

The setings adjusted made the game look amazing..

I tried my other xboxone controller and unbelievably it works unreal smooth....

How would one xbox 1 controller make a difference????

Thank you guys again i cannot say it enough. This is what makes this game and forum amazing is your help!

Glad we could help! Hope to see you online soon :)
Meyer#12

h106frp

March 17, 2016, 08:31:34 PM #406 Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:33:23 PM by h106frp
Not sure if anyone want to experiment but noticed that in the rider config  gfx.cfg;

maxlean = 55

and rider.cfg;

fall_ref = 1, -0.2, 0.1

detach_blend = 0.3333

are declared. Just wondering if it could have any influence on the mysterious rider falling of the bike with big lean issue.

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on March 17, 2016, 08:31:34 PM
Not sure if anyone want to experiment but noticed that in the rider config  gfx.cfg;

maxlean = 55

and rider.cfg;

fall_ref = 1, -0.2, 0.1

detach_blend = 0.3333

are declared. Just wondering if it could have any influence on the mysterious rider falling of the bike with big lean issue.

Those are animations parameters ( graphics only ).
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

What is your conclusion on the lowside/rider-eject bug, PiBoSo?
You (and we, too) have listed possible solutions but which one will you implement?
Not really important but could you shortly list the criteria for when a lowside is detected?

Also, will you include a RotationAxis value for bikes with two cranks that rotate against each other (like most of the V4 500s)?
The current value for the Varese (counter-rotating) is producing a wrong simulation unless I missed something.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Increasing rear ride height causes the rear tire to appear off the ground in many cases.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 18, 2016, 09:54:38 AM
Increasing rear ride height causes the rear tire to appear off the ground in many cases.

Bug found and fixed.
Fork offset and front ride height are not saved in the replays, too.
Thank you for the report.

doubledragoncc

I just heard back from Yohji about the shift timing on the S80 and thought this would be the best cure.

Hi Yohji

You are very right, it is caused by many controllers not having debounce for the buttons and Piboso wont get it fixed, if he does add code for debounce until who knows when, I guess its not important to him as he makes no comment on it. This is unfair as many people suffer from it and it ruins the game.

I think the best thing would be to have the version you have at the moment with no alterations for both of your original 2st and 4st versions. Then simply make a 2nd version where the shift timings in the cfg are as follows:

UpshiftTime = 0.10
DownshiftTime = 0.08

This stops the double shifts and nothing else is effected from what I can tell riding.

Now name the new 2st and 4st the same but add something like "longshift" to the name or letters LS for short. That way both versions can be on the servers so any version can be used. This way EVERYbody is happy and riding is fair for all. PLUS you still have your original bike specs.

This will take you 5 mins to do bro and then upload them and we are sorted.

So all we do is have both versions on the server and race exactly as normal where we can chose 2st or 4st.

AND why cant we do it for other bikes with the same problem???

My lap times are ruined because of this problem its like riding with a bad pillion on the back lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Groove generation is back in Beta 8 BTW. Hooorah.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 18, 2016, 03:15:04 PM
Groove generation is back in Beta 8 BTW. Hooorah.

Does that mean Server Admins can create and save a groove file for beta 8 now?  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Yep I just did one for Mallory hehe (with a GP15 lol)  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 18, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
Yep I just did one for Mallory hehe (with a GP15 lol)  ;D

Brilliant!  ;D
Very NICE!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Could we have the suspension ''Test'' feature in GPB too?

PiBoSo

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 18, 2016, 06:48:16 PM

This should go to the "Suggestions" section.
What would you need it for? Is it something that is used on road bikes, too?

Vini

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 18, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 18, 2016, 06:48:16 PM

This should go to the "Suggestions" section.
What would you need it for? Is it something that is used on road bikes, too?

Sure, Having the right amount of sag etc is very important for suspension setup. a measurement readout would do just fine without seeing the bike/rider (less work?) but would be cool to see!

il post in ''suggestions'' next time, sorry  :)