• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:35:33 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

February 20, 2016, 12:49:29 AM #105 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:54:28 AM by vin97
Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 12:42:35 AMI just don't see the big problem, there have to be a limit of lean
Yes, of course and putting the bike to that upper limit of lean angle is the task of the virtual rider.
If you move the stick completely to one side, the bike should be at (or below) the limit - not over the limit like it happens in the video.

This bug creates an artificial (and illogical) limit which is not taking into account by the virtual rider, causing you to crash randomly.

So you either solve this problem by simply disabling the bike->rider collision (if we analyzed it correctly) and letting the rider noclip a bit (more) into the bike or you somehow make the virtual rider predict that he is going to have space problems and therefore is required to reduce lean which would probably be a lot more difficult if not impossible to code.

To be clear, I don't care how it gets solved and I don't care about the maximum lean angle, the bike can do, which has nothing to do with our current discussion on the fall-off bug.

Meyer#12

I don't see the thing as such a big problem anymore, havent had that problem in B8.

I am a bit splitted here, on one side i follow you and agree with you, on the other hand, this is a sim-game. In real life you can also lean bike too much and just have to make sure you don't, so for a sim-game it might be a nice tweak that you have to at least take little care of the lean, shouldn't be too much, would be too difficult for a PC-game, but just that little lift in some corners give it a nice twist in my opinion :)
Meyer#12

Vini

February 20, 2016, 01:06:19 AM #107 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:17:43 AM by vin97
Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 12:58:19 AM
I don't see the thing as such a big problem anymore, havent had that problem in B8.
Can't remember where I already posted this but when you are using auto rider lean (or not using the full potential of manual rider lean), this bug is much less prone to happen because the rider will lean forward (longitudinal leaning) as soon as you are on the throttle, causing an automatic reduction in lateral leaning, which means that there is more space for him.
The bug actually made me stop playing beta7b because Manu's bikes were unridable at my favourite tracks and I don't want the same thing to happen to beta8.

Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 12:58:19 AMI am a bit splitted here, on one side i follow you and agree with you, on the other hand, this is a sim-game. In real life you can also lean bike too much and just have to make sure you don't, so for a sim-game it might be a nice tweak that you have to at least take little care of the lean, shouldn't be too much, would be too difficult for a PC-game, but just that little lift in some corners give it a nice twist in my opinion :)
For that GP Bikes has Direct Steer.
And as I said, you still have to be careful at banked corners in beta8 so it's not like you can ride with maximum stick input all the time.

Meyer#12

I agree, it was not to be against you or anything, was just giving my opinion and telling what i think.

But all in all, so far i am very happy with the B8, feels great! Had few core.exe in the beginning, but they seem to be gone now, no problems on the GPBOC server today and been on there quite a few hours haha
Meyer#12

Vini

Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 01:09:43 AM
I agree, it was not to be against you or anything, was just giving my opinion and telling what i think.
;D ;D
I have no problem with critical thinking, so everything is good  ;)

Quote from: Meyer#12 on February 20, 2016, 01:09:43 AMBut all in all, so far i am very happy with the B8, feels great! Had few core.exe in the beginning, but they seem to be gone now, no problems on the GPBOC server today and been on there quite a few hours haha
Yep, I agree, can't wait to do a race in beta8.

davidboda46

Quote from: Blackheart on February 19, 2016, 10:31:26 PM
Quote from: Demitsuri on February 19, 2016, 10:20:15 PM
Core exe when going a bit from the curb to grass

But suspension is feels better.

Delete your Piboso folder in documents (remember a key backup before) and reinstall the beta 8, in this way I fixed  ;)

I always do clean install, still get the "white line"-core.exe (as I call it) from time to time.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BOBR6 84

sticking with the 500 for a while  :) going to be strict with myself and use only onboard view.. as it all feels nice and smooth now. very good!

with the extra garage settings the bike responds well to setup changes.. nice! will take some time to learn it all but looking forward to getting online for a proper race event with nice long practice sessions etc  8)

Quality work piboso nice one  :)

Yohji

February 20, 2016, 07:05:33 PM #112 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:12:01 PM by Yohji
hi, Piboso, I have some question about rear suspension. in GEOM

・how many linkage type working in beta8 ? and what thats name (using in .GEOM file)

・How do I setting "Traditional style (Like in beta7)" Suspension? (no linkage mono shock or twin shock suspension)(in GEOM)

nico916

Bikes of mod 7 don't work on beta 8??
Kxf etc......
Can we download beta 7 again??
Thanks

Hawk

Quote from: nico916 on February 20, 2016, 07:18:06 PM
Bikes of mod 7 don't work on beta 8??
Kxf etc......
Can we download beta 7 again??
Thanks

The bikeMODS I'm sure will be updated soon..... Patience my friend.  ;D

Hawk.

nico916

JJS209

on philip island i cant do 2 laps without a core.exe.
on the a1 ring of nicks event i have had no core and i have a ~20 laps so far.

Demitsuri

Quote from: Blackheart on February 19, 2016, 10:31:26 PM
Quote from: Demitsuri on February 19, 2016, 10:20:15 PM
Core exe when going a bit from the curb to grass

But suspension is feels better.

Delete your Piboso folder in documents (remember a key backup before) and reinstall the beta 8, in this way I fixed  ;)

Thank you! Will try today

nuovaic

I really like this Beta. The big bikes feel so much more real, more controllable, more fun to ride. I just can't get enough.  I'm not sure how realistic it is to be wheelspinning sideways through all the gears (Victoria, 500, at a moderate lean) in the wet, but hey it certainly puts a big smile on your face!
It's been a long time and many Betas since I got the feeling my interest will never wain.
As already mentioned, the 125 is still a disappointment on the front and the 990 is still too light at the front, (500 perfect for me) but otherwise big thumbs up.

I won't mention the core / netcode problems...

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Beta 8 released -> Get slightly excited -> Install Beta 8 -> Get friends to play with -> Hear others get excited on teamspeak -> Fire up the game and click connect -> Core.exe -> Hear friends laugh -> friend gets Core.exe -> Want to laugh but cry instead -> uninstall Gp bikes -> Wait for another year.....

If you're not playing GP Bikes for a whole year, can I borrow your license? ;D I don't yet have the means to purchase a GP Bikes license.