• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:00:14 PM

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

March 03, 2016, 03:17:53 PM #285 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:22:48 PM by vin97
feel free to send me your setups but everything i have tried has not worked or only worked when there is enough fuel in the tank.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 03, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

...  think it is just my buttons that are fault and cant get the point that it is more than just MY buttons that this effects. It is ANYONE with non debounced buttons or old controllers!!!

Fair point DD and now other reports are surfacing so let us hope PiBoSo looks into it and if he agrees, uses your solution (it will need a slight blip throttle change too I think after testing your settings myself). Sounds like the increase in gear change speed has introduced this problem where as before it would not have reared its ugly swede. Hopefully Bike Modders are also taking this into consideration. The new Beta 8 setting may well be more realistic but it as unlocked a problem?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on March 03, 2016, 02:57:58 PM
I was getting double shifts, mostly down (gravity assisted i'm sure), in GPB and MXB. Asked in MXB for a minimum delay setting for gear changes but didn't hear anything. So I've now re-designed my foot controls to stop the switch bounce, works a treat. So I don't think it's the games fault but other driving sims have a option to introduce and adjust shift delay minimums to combat switch bounce.

That's what I meant.

@ddcc: can you try with the shift up/down on a keyboard button ? I'm ready to bet there's no problem there.
Keyboards and even cheapo joypads all have debounce, that's why most software doesn't have to take care of this. It's not because I personally don't have the problem (which is in fact irrelevant).

The fact some sims have software options to fight this is most likely because hardcore simmers tend to use DIY/specialized hardware that .... that lacks debounce :)

But I'm all OK if Piboso adds this options to help you , teeds and others with the problem: just don't ask to increase the shift time (in the bike .cfg), as this is a very bad solution.

Note that a basic debounce is just a lowpass filter (i.e. one resistor, one capacitor): it shouldn't be too difficult to add it to your buttons. That way you will be sure that your hardware works fine with *any* game, no matter if the game has/hasn't a dedicated "anti-bounce" option.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 03, 2016, 03:42:07 PM
...  think it is just my buttons that are fault and cant get the point that it is more than just MY buttons that this effects. It is ANYONE with non debounced buttons or old controllers!!!
Fair point DD and now other reports are surfacing
Which other reports ? I've only read about Hawk and teeds. Hawk had issues with downshift miss, so it's not the same problem as ddcc. Teeds had the same problem as ddcc, because likely his buttons lacked de-bounce too. He solved it changing/improving the button.

De-bounce in game controller is something as old as me: it has always been in keyboard, since the very early times, for example.
I doubt you can even find a joypad with no debounce on buttons.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 01, 2016, 08:18:25 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 01, 2016, 06:30:37 PM
So in conclusion: exhaust smoke is visible in replay (and to the same extent) as in real-time play, correct?
Yes Stout I believe it is now - which is different to what I thought before.
However, there may be some difference in amount between online and offline play.  It is possible online reduces its visibility (and possibly more and more with more players).
To that end it will be interesting to see the next Club race (Varese) replay - viewed on a machine with the smoke-mod! Roll on tomorrow!  :)
Sorry to bring this up again I'm sure everyone is sick of smoke talk but this is the follow up video and its all bad news.  Seems I was right to deliberate that online racing reduces visibility - in fact Online negates it all completely as far as I can tell. Very bad, PiboSo.

https://www.youtube.com/v/T8nX624UTA4&feature=youtu.be

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 03, 2016, 03:42:07 PM

Which other reports ? I've only read about Hawk and teeds.

Yeh OK but to be fair my point is... his point is also right - beta 8 has 'found' a problem for any controllers not using anti-bouncy buttons or whatever you call them. We can't hide behind the game settings being the correct ones and everyone else must mod their controllers, no? Or maybe you find that more acceptable ? Obviously it makes no difference what we think and maybe there is even a more simple solution PiB could implement so as not to make simmers outcasts of his own game? Dunno but all I'm saying is he has a point the developer might want to consider.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

And thats the point Max. You can ONLY use a certain type of button in GPB!!! The change in the timing does NOT actually effect the upshift speed for quick up shifting it just stops then NEED to buy a new controller just for GPB because yours is older or the controller you are using does not have debounced buttons........really? That is simply wrong. It has no negative effect to increse that value, ingame the up shifting is just as quick, it just stops the chance of non debouncing  switches and older being useless in GPB. Its like saying you can only drive in PCars if you have a certain wheel. I have read on here, cant find it now, but someone else also has this problem.

My point is it could be fixed for us with this problem as the fix wont effect those without it. But because YOU dont have it and think it is better that I have to debounce all my buttons just for GPB because YOU dont have the problem. I wonder how many who dont come in the forum who have an old controller that works perfectly in any other game, just not in GPB there are who just think its them not being able to shift properly.

I am just going to forget it as its obvious that those who dont have a problem and  think it is just my buttons that are fault and cant get the point that it is more than just MY buttons that this effects. It is ANYONE with non debounced buttons or old controllers!!!

I guess I'll stick to just practicing alone where I can at least shift properly and enjoy riding even if its alone without having to rebuild my system just for GPB.

Bye

You could just add some simple de-bounce circuitry, either very simple capacitor or a more complex Schmitt trigger

http://www.nuvation.com/blog/electronic-design-services/switch-debouncing-electronic-product-designs

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the help h BUT
I'll have all the people with my systems all over the world that I will have to pay shipping to fix them JUST for GPB or they will have to do it when they all work 100% with every other game!!!

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Back to smokin.......................

It does work online but is lessened a bit. Watch whoever was in front of me and dude to the right

https://www.youtube.com/v/Eb5twL_FHH8

I think the 2stroke pump needs a tad enriching and smoke dispersal played with.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

But your video is not a Replay it was filmed Live in the race. I had the smoke mod on for that race and in Live I also saw a nice lot of puff (although reduced from normal) so that's good news, but the actual Replays are dull  :(

doubledragoncc

OH my bad Nick, I thought you meant ingame smoke, not replay. But saying that I had smoke in replays too.................I think...........will check lol

BRB

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 03, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
Sorry to bring this up again I'm sure everyone is sick of smoke talk but this is the follow up video and its all bad news.  Seems I was right to deliberate that online racing reduces visibility - in fact Online negates it all completely as far as I can tell. Very bad, PiboSo.
OK, so it finally seems that there's no smoke in replays, meaning the "smoke status" info is not saved in the replay file.
It could probably be done, as it would just be 1 bit per replay frame per bike (at least in principle).

Yeh OK but to be fair my point is... his point is also right - beta 8 has 'found' a problem for any controllers not using anti-bouncy buttons or whatever you call them. We can't hide behind the game settings being the correct ones and everyone else must mod their controllers, no? Or maybe you find that more acceptable ? Obviously it makes no difference what we think and maybe there is even a more simple solution PiB could implement so as not to make simmers outcasts of his own game? Dunno but all I'm saying is he has a point the developer might want to consider.
Sure sure. I'm just saying that calling it a bug and screaming is a bit unfair and, most important, that the solution ddcc proposed (increasing upshift time) is bad as hell. For plenty of reasons: first, it's like putting a wrong value in the physics because some controller have an issue. Second, it won't solve the totality of the problem: if you have a button for the pitlane speed limiter, and the button bounces, what do you do then ?

If Pib wants to put in place a solution, the good way is what teeds said: a minimum time between button press events (not only gear shit events), as seen in other sims. Easy, clean, problem solved.

Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/v/T8nX624UTA4&feature=youtu.be

@Nick: Do you have my helmet model installed? Just that my eagles eyes spotted in your video above that my helmet is textured in reverse to what it should be.  :o ;D

My helmet model is: Shark Race-R Pro

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

The replays do capture the smoke bro. I get it offline, online and in replays all the same amount.

https://www.youtube.com/v/P83pEST_H4Y

Sorry could not figure out how to cut the dang 2 videos in one screen side by side properly.

DD

HornetMaX

Oh guys, which of the two old chaps should I believe then ? :)

Vini

....still waiting for the wobble-free 500 setup :D

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on March 03, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
....still waiting for the wobble-free 500 setup :D

I think we'll have to wait for the 500cc BikeMODS for that Vin. Unless of course Piboso does a beta 8a release very soon?   ;D

Hawk.