• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race RE-RUN | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 21, 2016, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Well done Boeren very nice to hear you enjoyed it!

I saw you a lot as I kept chasing you, passing you and then falling off immediately haha  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

This does not REALLY belong here but seeing as other people also had to go through it in the race last night I just wanted to ask here.

The massive wobbling especially on the straight after CNR 1, seems excessive, doesn't it? I just tried the 500 for the first time in B8(Think I skipped the 500 in B7 aswell, like the GP1000), and it does it the same. Could it be purely setup issues? The way I am riding? Or is it irregular physics from the games part?

*Correction - It feels like it does it almost everywhere where you have to change direction slightly on a straight on the throttle.

Napalm Nick

Is it this?  I posted it in the B8 thread which is now gone. If you go to Hockenheim 79 you will quickly find out (I must try it also I had my fingers crossed it was cured/not so bad).

https://www.youtube.com/v/5aYtId8bViE
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

yes it's that kind of wobble.
watch my bike in the last 5 or 6 laps of the race. the wobble was absolutely uncontrollable (had to cut the throttle to prevent crashes on some straights).
they are worse than any wobbles i ever had in the previou beta and I'd say it's because the front is way too light in beta8.

when having enough fuel in the tank, it will stabilize the bike, which is why i was fooled into thinking my setup will be good for the race :D

p.s.: i think piboso should get some 'private test riders' for the next betas, preferably the fastest guys (so not me, wouldn't say no though :D), to properly test the bikes (without riding aids).
...or maybe just release new betas more often (even when there are only small changes) to make sure the physics modifications are going in the right direction.

Napalm Nick

Kind of explains why I did not recognise my bike in the race (20 Litres). It was bucking about so much I had to retire into the pits. On a plus side it is good to know fuel loads actually make a difference!

I will have to test at Hock again to be able to say if it is better or worse now,

dareaper46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 23, 2016, 03:00:32 PM
Is it this?  I posted it in the B8 thread which is now gone. If you go to Hockenheim 79 you will quickly find out (I must try it also I had my fingers crossed it was cured/not so bad).

https://www.youtube.com/v/5aYtId8bViE

Yes yes, exactly that. I find the Ducati it seems to be the most stable from all the bikes.

Napalm Nick

Yeh just tested and its exactly the same  :'(   and is a major turn off to me as far as this game goes.

Surely someone in PiB land tests these bikes don't they?  Crap.

dareaper46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 23, 2016, 04:30:41 PM
Yeh just tested and its exactly the same  :'(   and is a major turn off to me as far as this game goes.

Surely someone in PiB land tests these bikes don't they?  Crap.

I must agree Nick :/. It's so over-excessive that it takes away some of the experience. It DEF won't do that on a bike in real life... Not so constantly, or vigorously.

Anyway, I don't think that will keep me away from this game completely, even though it does suck... Race was fun, keen on next one :D

Napalm Nick