• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:12 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Front rises when throttle is applied with clutch engaged

Started by davidboda46, February 20, 2016, 02:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Don't really know if this is a bug or what, but, when you ride in 1st person mode (as I always do) and you engage the clutch and add throttle the front of the bike rises. According to me it should not. Another alternative is that it's the virtual rider leaning forward... I honestly don't know. I can't see either the bike or the rider moving in 3rd person.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

The raise it tiny. I think it's due to the engine reaction torque.
If I'm right, the day we have a mod bike with a backward rotating crank, you should see the front lower a bit when doing the same.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 20, 2016, 04:40:16 PM
If I'm right, the day we have a mod bike with a backward rotating crank, you should see the front lower a bit when doing the same.

It does not feel so tiny when you're on the move. Going down a straight in third or fourth for example, engage clutch release throttle and then apply it again and the head nod seems more than it should be, engine reaction torque or not.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 20, 2016, 06:38:03 PM

It does not feel so tiny when you're on the move. Going down a straight in third or fourth for example, engage clutch release throttle and then apply it again and the head nod seems more than it should be, engine reaction torque or not.
I only did the test standing in the pits, and there it is tiny.
If you test it on the move, it could be due to the rider auto fwd/backward lean (when you shut the throttle it leans back, when you open it it leans fwd).
Can you try with fully manual rider lean ?

BOBR6 84

also you can move the rider forward/back now at any speed.. even with auto rider enabled. could that be what's happening?

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 20, 2016, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on February 20, 2016, 06:38:03 PM

I only did the test standing in the pits, and there it is tiny.
If you test it on the move, it could be due to the rider auto fwd/backward lean (when you shut the throttle it leans back, when you open it it leans fwd).
Can you try with fully manual rider lean ?

You were right, auto lean makes the rider move with the throttle.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46