• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:14 PM

GPBikes/Linux

Started by WALKEN, February 21, 2016, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Just wondering if anyone else runs GPBikes in Linux using wine?

I run it on both Windows/Linux machines and it runs perfectly stable in wine. Piboso- would you ever consider a Linux native version seeing as you use OpenGL?   
Help me, help you!

alelosbrigia

+1 or just add integrated emulator when download  linux version ( a couple of steam game use this way )

Alby46

I have read some time ago, somewhere, that at the end of the development he would have done a linux and osx port
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

tseklias

Quote from: Alby46 on February 22, 2016, 03:01:06 PM
I have read some time ago, somewhere, that at the end of the development he would have done a linux and osx port

I also remember that but a little different, i think he said "may" and only if there were requestS. But i may be wrong...

Alby46

well as i can see there are requests, at least for linux. I would love a port for linux
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

nor_bak

I'been using it under Ubuntu with Wine too, everything works quite well.
Plugins need sometimes some .dll to work properly (like HornetMax one).

Furious

I do use wine to play GPB. Ubuntu - no problem. All I need to do is sort out my gamepad driver. Xboxdrv in userspace doesn't see trigers. Need to find out how to run previous driver.

WALKEN

Quote from: Furious on February 23, 2016, 12:48:13 AM
I do use wine to play GPB. Ubuntu - no problem. All I need to do is sort out my gamepad driver. Xboxdrv in userspace doesn't see trigers. Need to find out how to run previous driver.

Do you have (jstest)   http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/jstest-gtk/     
Help me, help you!

Furious

Quote from: WALKEN on February 23, 2016, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Furious on February 23, 2016, 12:48:13 AM

Do you have (jstest)   http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/jstest-gtk/   

Yeah I do. But something changed and my Logitech Chillstream is not detected by jstest untill I start xboxdrv in userspace. I thing I just need to autostart the previous driver.