• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 

GPB Online Racing Skins

Started by doubledragoncc, March 02, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Well I look at the fact that we want to have as much feeling as possible from GPB but will accept a full grid of bikes all with the same paint is shite bro, it destroys the feeling of the competition.

Like with Nicks smoke mod, all little bits that make GPB better are worth the work and I am up for it if I can. I cant do 3D models or bikes and tracks, make apps or woteva, but maybe I can make it better visually by making it easier for all bike to look different and improve the feel of GPB in doing so.

DD

PS Nick wheres your info bro lol
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:17:25 PM
No problem Hawk, you forgot your 990 and any other skin names but at least I will be able to know its you now lol.

DD

I will do my best to compile what I can okay with or without help lol

I need to actually see online who uses what, watch a replay, match the paint in GPB and create a folder with the right set of paints, easy peasy lol

OH! Are you talking about wanting people to download and install all currently used skins and not just the individual event skin paks? That's too much work to keep up to date DD. If I was you I'd just compile tonights A1 Ring event skin pak, don't bother with all skins for all different category bikes, etc, etc.... Just the skins that are going to be used for the A1 Ring Event tonight will be great.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 03:27:37 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:17:25 PM
No problem Hawk, you forgot your 990 and any other skin names but at least I will be able to know its you now lol.

DD

I will do my best to compile what I can okay with or without help lol

I need to actually see online who uses what, watch a replay, match the paint in GPB and create a folder with the right set of paints, easy peasy lol

OH! Are you talking about wanting people to download and install all currently used skins and not just the individual event skin paks? That's too much work to keep up to date DD. If I was you I'd just compile tonights A1 Ring event skin pak, don't bother with all skins for all different category bikes, etc, etc.... Just the skins that are going to be used for the A1 Ring Event tonight will be great.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

When the events become regular again. I dont mind making the event packs again. Its not that hard so long as people submit their skins before the event (ive had skins sent to me when were all qualifying and expected to have them put in. Its just not going to happen.) :P

I would like to organise and "thin" the amount of skins. But i dont want to be risponsable when people complain when their favourite skins arnt there.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:25:53 PM
Well I look at the fact that we want to have as much feeling as possible from GPB but will accept a full grid of bikes all with the same paint is shite bro, it destroys the feeling of the competition.

Like with Nicks smoke mod, all little bits that make GPB better are worth the work and I am up for it if I can. I cant do 3D models or bikes and tracks, make apps or woteva, but maybe I can make it better visually by making it easier for all bike to look different and improve the feel of GPB in doing so.

DD

PS Nick wheres your info bro lol

Totally agree with you there DD, +1 mate!  ;D

But remember that riders swap and change skins regular for events, and a lot of people don't like storing all skins on their system but only the skins needed for events, so don't try and do too much and create a lot of work for yourself in keeping an all-in-one skin pak updated. Just do individual event skin paks.  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I dont have time to do it at the drop of a hat dude I meant for the future. I mean to start making a new pack for each class bit by bit not in one frickin day dude. I will never have time to do it quickly.

I was also meaning a new form on the database that allows individual riders sets.

I will record the race, watch the reply and then know exactly which paints are being use now. Too many paints do not have names that are anything to do with the bike, helmet or suit so going by Hawks name if he uses a helmet with rossi's name dont frickin help, I have to do it visually if not told the exact name and if my 990 paint folder is full I need to know what I can remove to make space for one I need so GPB dont crash!!!

Sorry but I have much to do bro and can only use my spare time which is little.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:25:53 PM
Well I look at the fact that we want to have as much feeling as possible from GPB but will accept a full grid of bikes all with the same paint is shite bro, it destroys the feeling of the competition.

Like with Nicks smoke mod, all little bits that make GPB better are worth the work and I am up for it if I can. I cant do 3D models or bikes and tracks, make apps or woteva, but maybe I can make it better visually by making it easier for all bike to look different and improve the feel of GPB in doing so.

DD

PS Nick wheres your info bro lol

Totally agree with you there DD, +1 mate!  ;D

But remember that riders swap and change skins regular for events, and a lot of people don't like storing all skins on their system but only the skins needed for events, so don't try and do too much and create a lot of work for yourself in keeping an all-in-one skin pak updated. Just do individual event skin paks.  :)

Hawk.

Exactly Hawk. Thats why if you only wanted to get the paints for one person for a race as you dont like storing them on your system, now you would have to look for 3 paints, where my system would let you just look for that one rider and get all his paints for the day you want them, race, delete them until you want them again..........Just ONE download not 3 and all the right ones

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

doubledragoncc

I also wonder if by having less bike paints in the bikes paint folder at any given time it would reduce chance of core crashes as there is a problem somewhere, the 990 we know but maybe we have not reached the limit with the varese of other bikes and then one day it happens.

I am just trying to help, it wont be overnight but in the end it would be practical. Anyways I will do it for myself and see how it is.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:36:43 PM
I dont have time to do it at the drop of a hat dude I meant for the future. I mean to start making a new pack for each class bit by bit not in one frickin day dude. I will never have time to do it quickly.

I was also meaning a new form on the database that allows individual riders sets.

I will record the race, watch the reply and then know exactly which paints are being use now. Too many paints do not have names that are anything to do with the bike, helmet or suit so going by Hawks name if he uses a helmet with rossi's name dont frickin help, I have to do it visually if not told the exact name and if my 990 paint folder is full I need to know what I can remove to make space for one I need so GPB dont crash!!!

Sorry but I have much to do bro and can only use my spare time which is little.

DD

No worries DD..... But for sure I totally agree with you that if all riders had each others event skins then that greatly increases the immersion and atmosphere of races. Absolutely!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:40:02 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2016, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:25:53 PM
Well I look at the fact that we want to have as much feeling as possible from GPB but will accept a full grid of bikes all with the same paint is shite bro, it destroys the feeling of the competition.

Like with Nicks smoke mod, all little bits that make GPB better are worth the work and I am up for it if I can. I cant do 3D models or bikes and tracks, make apps or woteva, but maybe I can make it better visually by making it easier for all bike to look different and improve the feel of GPB in doing so.

DD

PS Nick wheres your info bro lol

Totally agree with you there DD, +1 mate!  ;D

But remember that riders swap and change skins regular for events, and a lot of people don't like storing all skins on their system but only the skins needed for events, so don't try and do too much and create a lot of work for yourself in keeping an all-in-one skin pak updated. Just do individual event skin paks.  :)

Hawk.

Exactly Hawk. Thats why if you only wanted to get the paints for one person for a race as you dont like storing them on your system, now you would have to look for 3 paints, where my system would let you just look for that one rider and get all his paints for the day you want them, race, delete them until you want them again..........Just ONE download not 3 and all the right ones

DD

I certainly see your point there DD. It would certainly make looking up paints for individual riders a lot easier.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:25:53 PM


DD

PS Nick wheres your info bro lol

In my rant I wasn't actually referring to myself, I meant Matty. All his info is strangely listed under "Paints" In the Mods section - how crazy is that!? ::)
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?board=11.0.

lol  ;)

Crazy idea!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

March 02, 2016, 03:55:10 PM #25 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:57:12 PM by doubledragoncc
Well your the first on my list, whats your 990, 125, Ducati GP15 or other paints buddy?

DD

I'll make a database on my Dropbox and keep it as up to date as possible just for me but if it works your all welcome to it lol

It will take some time to get right but I know it will work

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Napalm Nick

I don't have any of those bike paints lol.

Leathers and Lid I will have to look up, unfortunately I am not home until sometime before the race so put me at the bottom of your list pls  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

LOL Nick that was meant for Hawk.

I am NOT doing it for tonight's race, I dont have time it is for the future to get a structured database to help stop core crashes with over filled paint folders (990) and to make updates stay fresh as it will reduce the chance of having unused and outdated paints for each rider.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2016, 03:55:10 PM
Well your the first on my list, whats your 990, 125, Ducati GP15 or other paints buddy?

DD

I'll make a database on my Dropbox and keep it as up to date as possible just for me but if it works your all welcome to it lol

It will take some time to get right but I know it will work

I'll look that info up and post here later DD, though I'm sure I haven't got a skin for the Ducati GP15.

Should be practicing for tonights race really, but busy here right now trying to get the UV mapping finished on a track MOD conversion before race start. It's all GO! Lol  ;D

Hawk.