• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 2 | Varese 500cc | Cup Race | WINNER - HAWK | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 26, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Hawk

February 28, 2016, 09:52:32 PM #106 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:57:00 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 09:43:43 PM
For half race I was second, I had no idea you were in front of me  ;D

I saw someone behind me, but I had no idea it was you either mate.... There was also 2 or three riders in front of me at the first corner but one crashed on the 1st bend and then another on the second bend. from then on things were going so smoothly and so well for me that I thought I must be doing something wrong here.... Hehehe!  ;D

Dareaper was hot on my tail at one point but he disappeared too, so I presume he crashed?

But yeah I'm really pleased!  I'll have to take a look at the replay! ;D

Thanks for the congrats guys.... really appreciated!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: Thanks for the super quick replay file Peter.... Your a star mate!  8) 8)

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

P.S. I broke the engine on the finish straight on lap number 18  ;D This time I got lucky!

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 09:57:15 PM
P.S. I broke the engine on the finish straight on lap number 18  ;D This time I got lucky!

Lucky, lucky! Hehe.
I was wondering about that because you'd said earlier that you were breaking a lot of engines.

Hawk.
PS: If I remember rightly, that's usually Bobs trick.... isn't it Bob?  ;D

Warlock

Ok lets be clear.
First i got pissed by Jorge and Blackheart? discussion during Qualy. A really kiddy one

Then Matty made a mistake and restarted the server, nothing wrong with that m8, we are humans, so we decided to start with random positions.

Second got pissed beause anyone was listening to the chat, instead they started moaning and spamming the chat with "WTF" and "?????????????????" sort of things due the random position on the grid.

Then , on the starting line, last thing i saw in the chat was :"ok, lets do first corner and then we restart".  Ok , race started.
At the first corner, a bull came from my right side and almost kicked me out of the planet, (good line for the first corner m8, well done  :P) , no sorry, no nothing......ok

I thought ...well np we are going to restart,....but it never did , my question is: why?
In the meantime the chat didn't stop at all, really annoying.

Then people began to retire from the race , that really piss me off. Why the hell are you joining a 20 laps event if you retire in lap 10 or less..... i dont get it.

As you can see, was a really enjoyable race for me.... :P

Apart of this, Congrats  Hawk for your win !!  Nuovaic for the 2nd place  and Jose Reina for the 3rd.  Good job guys.  :)

Blackheart

@Hawk For fear of breaking the engine was going slower than 1-2 seconds, unfortunately on lap 11 the bike became impossible to ride (probably the tires were too hot) I was close enough  :'(

@Warlock I was hit three times in succession in qualifying ... and this jorge (dunno who is) wanted to be right. If he remained silent, I would not have said anything, but it did not happen. Sorry for the chat spam in the qually, But you have talked  for the entire race!

Warlock

Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 10:44:01 PM
Sorry for the chat spam in the qually, But you have talked  for the entire race!

Do you mean i was chatting during the race??,  sorry man , but you are wrong, i didn't put a word in the chat since random grid restart.

Blackheart

Quote from: Warlock on February 28, 2016, 10:49:52 PM
Sorry for the chat spam in the qually, But you have talked  for the entire race!

Do you mean i was chatting during the race??,  sorry man , but you are wrong, i didn't put a word in the chat since random grid restart.

Meant different players have used the chat for the entire race, I have not read who they were.

Warlock

Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
Quote from: Warlock on February 28, 2016, 10:49:52 PM

Meant different players have used the chat for the entire race, I have not read who they were.

Yes thats true, seems rules are there to decorate the forum  ::)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2016, 10:11:53 PM
PS: If I remember rightly, that's usually Bobs trick.... isn't it Bob?  ;D

lol!! yup  ::) ;D ;D

looking forward to the race but after the server restart, my housemate turned up wanting a hand unloading the van pfffft  ::) il keep an eye out for the next race  ;)

Meyer#12

Well i think we should quit the complaining for this race.. Let's just say that this was not our best race and shit happens sometimes :) (Not talking about the reset, i myself kinda liked that little tweak with random grid positions even though i finllay managed 1.27 and got pole lol :D )

Let's put this behind us and get ready for next race!

And well done to everyone who finished the race and sorry for chat during race.
Unfortunately cored out of P1 on lap 1 :(

Well done and congratulations to Hawk-san for the win! Finally mate! ;)
Meyer#12

dareaper46

Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2016, 09:52:32 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 09:43:43 PM
For half race I was second, I had no idea you were in front of me  ;D

I saw someone behind me, but I had no idea it was you either mate.... There was also 2 or three riders in front of me at the first corner but one crashed on the 1st bend and then another on the second bend. from then on things were going so smoothly and so well for me that I thought I must be doing something wrong here.... Hehehe!  ;D

Dareaper was hot on my tail at one point but he disappeared too, so I presume he crashed?

But yeah I'm really pleased!  I'll have to take a look at the replay! ;D

Thanks for the congrats guys.... really appreciated!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: Thanks for the super quick replay file Peter.... Your a star mate!  8) 8)

Yea I was reeling you in bit by bit, and then last corner before main straight I low sided :( Front just gave away. I actually felt really good around the track and consistent, was so upset when I crashed :P. I knew all I had to do was stick with you. Well... My race went better than the Mura race. After reading your(Hawk) post about people that can only hotlap and not race, I thought of myself and realized in the first race, which was my first race ever online. I focused too much on braking too late and not just racing MY race. Took your advice and just thought about my moves. Thanks Hawk :D and gz.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Warlock on February 28, 2016, 10:38:01 PM

I thought ...well np we are going to restart,....but it never did , my question is: why?
In the meantime the chat didn't stop at all, really annoying.

Agree with your points mate and as for the above all I can offer is an apology and an explanation, - After server reset I came back in and sat on grid (behind-the-scenes (whisper chat) chaos going on as you can imagine not helped by people on the grid spamming their problems with it) then I Cored out at the start, last thing I saw was BoB leaving so thought he had cored and a restart was imminent. Got back in, tried to work out what was happnin, gave some option advice to Matt etc  etc. Got too late, left.

As for chat in the sessions there should be minimum which means restrict it to "Sorry", "NP", and  things like that. Time to teach the    !eject command lol. I never understand why people can't shut up, but historically at every race they can't lol it must be a human thing. Turning the chat off in the settings is the way to go if it is too distracting I guess.

From the start it looked grim after poor Matty couldn't even watch the race in Live replay mode without a core so he couldn't 'see' what was going on. Shame for the poor lad too, as he was helping us all to make a fair race and more importantly (to me) was taking the responsibilities off my shoulders so I could enjoy the race too. A noble gesture for a 12/13 year old I think  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

I understand m8, my complaints are not about the race itself (apart of the first corner crash) but about how people can't make it easy for you and Matty.
You guys take the time , the effort, and responsability to organice all this stuff and people act as childs at the playground.
These events are fun based, but that also opens the door for people to act like kids.

You guys should be able to race too, despite being responsible of the event, but i don't see it possible with this kind of attitude.
Core crashes makes it even more difficult but for the same reason people should try to help you paying attention to whats going on, not only if they are going to win.

I don't mind to be the last one in the race, i've been there many times, also in the podium. But the most important is FINISH the race.
Some guys know they can't win or get in the podium and after 5-10 laps they quit the race??  why??  .....and not all of them had a core crash.

So all i was talking about is about respect, respect for the organizers and respect to other riders. Quiting a race after 10 laps makes the event a nonsense.
I crashed during the race at least 8 or 10 times, i knew i never gonna win it this way, but man..... i kept racing. You never know what is gonna happen in a long race like this, you can get surprised by a multicrash at the first positions and climb 6 or 7 positions in the final result, i've seen that before.

Ok, last time i talk about this, i promess , i hate to act like a father but i have to, sometimes  ;D