• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:50:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta 8 Event 2 | Varese 500cc | Cup Race | WINNER - HAWK | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 26, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: dareaper46 on February 29, 2016, 08:13:50 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2016, 09:52:32 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on February 28, 2016, 09:43:43 PM
For half race I was second, I had no idea you were in front of me  ;D

I saw someone behind me, but I had no idea it was you either mate.... There was also 2 or three riders in front of me at the first corner but one crashed on the 1st bend and then another on the second bend. from then on things were going so smoothly and so well for me that I thought I must be doing something wrong here.... Hehehe!  ;D

Dareaper was hot on my tail at one point but he disappeared too, so I presume he crashed?

But yeah I'm really pleased!  I'll have to take a look at the replay! ;D

Thanks for the congrats guys.... really appreciated!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: Thanks for the super quick replay file Peter.... Your a star mate!  8) 8)

Yea I was reeling you in bit by bit, and then last corner before main straight I low sided :( Front just gave away. I actually felt really good around the track and consistent, was so upset when I crashed :P. I knew all I had to do was stick with you. Well... My race went better than the Mura race. After reading your(Hawk) post about people that can only hotlap and not race, I thought of myself and realized in the first race, which was my first race ever online. I focused too much on braking too late and not just racing MY race. Took your advice and just thought about my moves. Thanks Hawk :D and gz.

It's great to know my message was heard, noted and acted upon. That's what I was hoping for more than anything. Hope it continues to help you mate. ;) 8)

Appreciated...

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Warlock on February 29, 2016, 03:28:50 PM
I understand m8, my complaints are not about the race itself (apart of the first corner crash) but about how people can't make it easy for you and Matty.
You guys take the time , the effort, and responsability to organice all this stuff and people act as childs at the playground.
These events are fun based, but that also opens the door for people to act like kids.

You guys should be able to race too, despite being responsible of the event, but i don't see it possible with this kind of attitude.
Core crashes makes it even more difficult but for the same reason people should try to help you paying attention to whats going on, not only if they are going to win.

I don't mind to be the last one in the race, i've been there many times, also in the podium. But the most important is FINISH the race.
Some guys know they can't win or get in the podium and after 5-10 laps they quit the race??  why??  .....and not all of them had a core crash.

So all i was talking about is about respect, respect for the organizers and respect to other riders. Quiting a race after 10 laps makes the event a nonsense.
I crashed during the race at least 8 or 10 times, i knew i never gonna win it this way, but man..... i kept racing. You never know what is gonna happen in a long race like this, you can get surprised by a multicrash at the first positions and climb 6 or 7 positions in the final result, i've seen that before.

Ok, last time i talk about this, i promess , i hate to act like a father but i have to, sometimes  ;D

Cant agree with you more Warlock. It was only my second race since 2010 and I was so looking forward to it but got taken out on lap 2 by Raptor (He quickly apologized on the forum) and GPB cored while I was laying on the ground!!! I therefore was out of the race anyways but it was actually the second time I got hit in 1 lap, first time was only light on my rear(form replay looked like my friend Raptor lol), managed to keep it and felt great I did. I am not out to win as I know i cant, I am new but I want to FINISH without crashing!!! I know I can do it but not if other riders are thoughtless about others and ride only to win at the cost of other riders fun.

I am one of the oldest on here if not the oldest (52  :'() and have been there done it and dont need the WIN to enjoy a race, its how you get there and so many dont know how to do it if they tried. Not only that, but where do you see in real life on the track such ridding? You DONT. It is a skill and not a macho BS thing.

It is a shame that people are not recognizing and respecting the hard work and personal sacrifice Nick, matty and the COTC are making. I personally raise my glass and toast to them for such dedication and selflessness for all of us who want to race online.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Thanks Guys, in general I think we do pretty well with the events and the majority have been 'club racing' here since its creation and know the score. New blood is always a risk but if a good example is set they usually settle in pretty quick.

Maybe some kind of club initiation might be required in the future - dummy race with restarts, jump start explanations, early braking on first corners - rules recap etc would be useful, then let them in the old dogs races after. It's either that or the cows ass/head initiation and what with health and safety nowadays......

And DD, I have been setting my goal as to finish a race without falling for a YEAR and only managed it once so far.  :-[  I always try to get to the end because I know I will always get a good position doing that but I admit it can get too annoying sometimes and I Pit In. Depends how much strain it has been to get the race off as to whether I can endure it.  ::)

Looking at the good points of that race - no-one jumped! Woohoo!

Thinking of Re-Running this race Wednesday if anyone wants it. I will post a new thread about it.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Im in for it bro. Might change my name to "Old Ass IAS Systemzzzzzzzzzz"

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

45 years old here m8, not too far from you  ;D

Go ahead with the race Nick, but im sorry i can't join it during the week (only sundays or mondays) i finish work quite late.
Next one i'll be there.  ;)

nuovaic

Warlock - well said mate.
DD - I'm 57 but don't think I'm the oldest ::)
Nick - correct. GPBOC races are great fun, usually! But it gets serious after a lot of Guys put up to 200 laps in training. They want a serious race. Then it's bound to get tetchy if there's a slight problem. To me, it might be better to not have a server open for so long before the race. Or maybe reduce the time between posting about the event and the event itself. Just a suggestion ;)

Napalm Nick

Understand, and the Club introduction and rules (what there's pages of stuff to actually read?)  says serious racing is provided because we know people want a laugh but need to know the races are taken seriously by the admin (and they are). No-one can be arsed to take part in reading it though, they just want to invade, take the racing and go away till the next one, moaning and dripping along the way. Like I have said before, people need to get out of mummies apron and appreciate things will go wrong and help to make it better - not throw their dummies out of the cot and threaten not to take their pants down the next time they poo. (Hey my son taught me that).

I want to make our events something different to the usual just turn up and race. I mean a GP weekend is a 3 day event.  I'm trying different stuff cos its fun (should be) and to try and keep this game alive.  Other people can put on their same old 'perfect races' if they like, maybe we can all come enjoy them instead.

Anyway the motto stands "Making the best with the tools we are given".   ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 29, 2016, 06:24:22 PM
I mean a GP weekend is a 3 day event. 

And it's amazing , it's what i'm looking for in GPB.

Quote from: nuovaic on February 29, 2016, 05:39:03 PM
To me, it might be better to not have a server open for so long before the race.

Probably right, but i think now it gives you the freedom to train when you can, and not forced to do it at certain hours that might not be able to (family, work, etc).

doubledragoncc

I think the server open as it was is right, just hard for the COTC. I did not get much time to practice and was thankful that the opening times helped me. We also have to remember that this is for the internet and there are time zones. It is only fair anyone from any county gets time to practice. That is one of the points often missed in online racing.

DD

Hawk

I agree with everything you guys are saying there, except for one thing - Quote from "nuovaic" : "To me, it might be better to not have a server open for so long before the race. Or maybe reduce the time between posting about the event and the event itself."

In my opinion that won't make any difference whatsoever. Riders will just practice offline or on another server with the same track. All you'd achieve would be to penalise the well behaved riders for the sake of the few idiots.

Personally I think club penalties and server kicks should be introduced to stop any disrespectful behaviour:

• Any use of disrespectful language or name calling will be kicked from the server and banned from the next event without any warning.

• Restarts will be solely the decision of the event organiser. Any attempt to call for restarts from the event riders will be deemed an act of disrespect and kicked from the server without warning.

• Any name calling or abuse aimed at new riders will be regarded as an act of gross disrespect and kicked from the server without warning.

• Any event grievances are strictly for discussion on the forum after the event not during the event.

As far as I'm concerned frustration and anger hold no place at all as an excuse to vent and abuse while the event is still running. It shows total disrespect to your fellow riders and should be stamped out quickly.

Pretty draconian measures but at the same time straight forward, and at least everyone would know were they stand which is exactly what we need to stop that sort of behaviour.

It's a shame we have to think of doing this sort of thing but it's always the few idiots that try and spoil it for the majority and then apologise afterwards only to do the same thing again later.... so yes I think draconian measures are required to nip that sort of behaviour in the bud and make riders realise that sort of behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Matty was trained in the art of !eject and !black only tonight.

trouble is between me and you guys, is he appears to be a complete power crazy megalomaniac! He had me banned in 2 minutes!

LoL.

As for the rest when we have 100+ riders vying for a chance to race it will be easier to control. For now I have to pay people to come hahaha!

Gonna close this thread now and open another  ;)

Blackheart

I have a feeling I'll be the first to experience these two things  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on February 29, 2016, 08:22:28 PM
I have a feeling I'll be the first to experience these two things  ;D

Just don't have an outburst like you did yesterday and you should be golden :P

Save it for the forum.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

HEY NICK!!!..........................Wheres my money for being there  then???? lol

If anything we should pay you........please nobody agree as I cant afford it lol.

Dont be too hard on people, a ban should only happen if a warning is ignored. You can make it just one warning, but how will people learn if you just ban them without saying why!!! Think about it please.

DD

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 29, 2016, 08:14:38 PM
Matty was trained in the art of !eject and !black only tonight.
He had me banned in 2 minutes!

lol  ;D  he is getting it quick