• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:08:05 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Old version, please update?

Started by IronHorse, February 27, 2016, 07:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHorse

Hi, I play this game offline all the time and I love it but I reeeally want to race online. I tried to find some servers by clicking world, but it said old version please update. I've looked on the website and forums and cant find any update for the game. Can someone please help.

Also I never used to be able to get any servers. How do I find a server and join? I mean a server that actually has people in it? Or do I need to look on the forums for server threads?

Cheerz mates...

janaucarre

Copy the license from c:/user/yourname/mydocuments/piboso to a safe place.
Delete or rename the piboso folder
Go to c:/programfiles86/ and rename gpbikes folder to gpbikes_beta7(for example)
Now you can install the new beta8l
You can open your license file with wordpad,  select the licence number,  make a Ctrl+C
When you have finished the install of beta 8, launch it and when it asks for the license number mmake a  Ctrl+V whereit does.
Make the right settings,  exit from the game,  copy the old track folder you created in the past and past it in the new programfiles86/gpbikes/gpbikes

IronHorse

Ok, process completed I am now on Beta 8. Didn't know you have to download the game again lol.

But when I click race, only 3 empty servers show up called motoonline-fr  (I guess they are French) Is that right or should I be seeing more servers?

Blackheart

HERE u can see the servers and the used tracks and HERE to download them

IronHorse

Alright, thanks so far,

There seems to be a server with 1 person in it and the bikes required are GP500. I think the GP500 comes with the game, no? And the track is A1 ring v2.1 which I just downloaded and put in my game. But when I click join, it tries to launch the game for 1 second then stops and nothing. Not sure what I did wrong.

Blackheart

The 500 used is the Varese, a default bike.

For your problem, u see the message "connection timeout"? Check your antivirus, maybe It has blocked the connection to the server  ???

IronHorse

I don't see any message, it does not even open. When I click join my screen goes black for 1 second, then back to the website. I tried turning off windows firewall but the same thing happens.

Also another problem that has arised, I set all of my controller buttons and calibrated and everything with the new beta. But every time I close the game and open again the buttons are back to default and I have to change them over again. Wot.

Blackheart

February 27, 2016, 09:42:03 AM #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:44:09 AM by Blackheart
Ok try this, go in Settings (in the main menu) and then under "Misc" change the Bandwidth to high for the online problem.

For the controller, perhaps has changed automatically your profile, i recommend to create one and delete the default (in main menu profiles tab)

Hawk

February 27, 2016, 09:43:34 AM #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:49:02 AM by Hawk
Quote from: IronHorse on February 27, 2016, 09:14:10 AM
Alright, thanks so far,

There seems to be a server with 1 person in it and the bikes required are GP500. I think the GP500 comes with the game, no? And the track is A1 ring v2.1 which I just downloaded and put in my game. But when I click join, it tries to launch the game for 1 second then stops and nothing. Not sure what I did wrong.

On first connection or soon after, your windows firewall should pop-up a connection authorisation box asking you if you want to allow that connection to your PC. Windows often pops up this box behind the main screen of GPB so you'll have to reduce your GPB into the task bar before you see it. Anyway click "okay" button on that windows authorisation box and you should be okay to connect to any server running GPB.

Servers will only show-up in the "World" server list if you have the track installed that server is using.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: IF your trying to "Join" a server from the website server list, then if you didn't click the little box(can't remember what it's called now. Lol) at the end of your GPB installation procedure then you won't be able to join via the server website, you'll need to go through the GPB main menu "RACE" section to get online.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: IronHorse on February 27, 2016, 09:14:10 AM
Alright, thanks so far,

Don't use that JOIN button mate it rarely works. Go into your game to the RACE tab then WORLD and join the servers there.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Ops my fail (I misread) Nick says right!  ;D

IronHorse

February 27, 2016, 11:53:08 AM #12 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:56:31 AM by IronHorse
My problem is fixed  8) I just finished some practice with 2 other guys on the server.

I joined with bandwith on high and by clicking world. Thanks guys. Gotta love the piboso forums. You guys are great.

cheerz
IronHorse

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: IronHorse on February 27, 2016, 11:53:08 AM
My problem is fixed  8) I just finished some practice with 2 other guys on the server.

I joined with bandwith on high and by clicking world. Thanks guys. Gotta love the piboso forums. You guys are great.

cheerz
IronHorse

Glad you got it all sorted mate.... Nice one!  ;D 8)

Hawk.