• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:51:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for PC, free to play

Started by HornetMaX, March 03, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

OK, OK, it's not a simulator ...
OK, OK, it's Microsoft ...
OK, OK, it's in the Windows Store ( ::) ) ...
OK, OK, you'll need a quad-sli of 980ti ...

But still, free to play and bloody-holy-beany-mary, those visuals (on Youtube, up to 2160p !!) ...

http://techreport.com/news/29796/forza-motorsport-6-apex-coming-to-the-pc-as-a-free-to-play-title

https://www.youtube.com/v/w8xREfr1YuA

doubledragoncc

Those graphics are gorgeous dude. Its been on the books long enough.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

Actually a big fan of Forza on Xbox One. Have played them all since Forza 2 missing out the horizon titles. It really does offer a lot of fun for both hotlaps and drifting although really more 'simcade' which is fine when you know what you're getting.

Wish my laptop would run this, but if it did I think I'd rather be playing other racing sims.

teeds

Be good to see some DX12 goodness, it's meant to be a game changer (see what I did there  ::) ) For free!! A demo I'll assume?

Hawk

Absolutely amazing shadow/lighting and texture quality going on there.... Very impressive!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

JamoZ

This is going to be more of a tech demo. There won`t be multiplayer, and it`s rumored that there won`t be proper steering wheel support either.  They`ll just launch this to get the engine dialed in on the pc so future Forza titles on pc will benefit from fixed bugs and optimizations from this tech demo.

doubledragoncc

If it has no Wheel support and only gamepad it wont matter. I can still use my TX and my handlebar system with x360ce.

Wish I had 4K system though it is pwetty

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Well, a hell of a tech demo if it has 6 tracks and a few cars with quality as in the video.
Of course, if it has no wheel support, then it's utterly embarrassing. Don't see why that would be the case though, XBox has wheels as far as I know.

Stout Johnson

Tbh, visuals look great - but I probably would not play this more than 1hr or so. If I look at gameplay footage from the console version, it looks like a lame game - not even trying to be a simulator. So it seems to resemble more a Mario Kart with real-life graphics, and this won't do the trick for me.

Like a Megan Fox type woman, in bikini, oiled and jaw-dropping ... and then showing off a dick between the legs... total turn-off.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

JamoZ

Seems like the fun police already stepped in guys...no more jokes dammit!!!  ::)

doubledragoncc

All I saw was fast cars and gorgeous graphics................no dicks I could see

Oh fuck the rozers.....................if this was a GTA site we'd just shoot em

Price of eggs is bad too!!!

HornetMaX

Stout's metaphor is interesting, it makes me think: if Forza is like a beautiful woman with ... err, extra hardware in the wrong place, other sims could be described as "a woman with no unexpected gadgets down there, but 70 yrs old, 40Kg overweight, with a boxer nose and rugbyman ears". Would be a tough call to decide who to spend 1h with :)

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on March 03, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
Seems like the fun police already stepped in guys...no more jokes dammit!!!  ::)

ROFL!! JomoZ. You didn't... Did you? LOL!

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 03, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
Stout's metaphor is interesting, it makes me think: if Forza is like a beautiful woman with ... err, extra hardware in the wrong place, other sims could be described as "a woman with no unexpected gadgets down there, but 70 yrs old, 40Kg overweight, with a boxer nose and rugbyman ears". Would be a tough call to decide who to spend 1h with :)

Good inverse-metaphor MaX! Without the metaphor I would have said that I take the sim everytime, no matter how bad the graphics. But in your analogy, I would definitely not be having amorous encounters with 70yrs old obese women. But I would also not be having any with someone sporting a "shlong"... so in summary, I guess I would have better things to do than spending time on a bad sim with polished graphics - but also than spending time with a good sim, but which does not really create any immersive feeling due to pixel graphics. But (as also in the analogy), if abstinent long enough - any 70yrs old obese women does not look quite as wrinkly and fat anymore (go ask a sailor - he will have confessions to make ;))...

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk on March 03, 2016, 06:25:19 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on March 03, 2016, 04:07:51 PM

ROFL!! JomoZ. You didn't... Did you? LOL!

Hawk.

He did  ::) and I was almost certain he would do it after you called him out ;)...