• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:33:37 AM

ESC Key and Throttle.

Started by Klax75, March 07, 2016, 11:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

March 07, 2016, 11:57:24 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:04:11 AM by Klax75
Things have been going fine, then a couple a days ago something weird happened. I can no longer hit ESC, it doesn't let me quit out from the track and go back to the pits. I have to force quit GP Bikes. So I can't save any replays, or make any adjustments. I've also noticed at the same time this happened my controls for throttle and front brake are now locked together in the same axis. Even with Xinput in place. I've tried the ingame XBoxOne profile and made a custom one. Doesn't seem to matter. Everything was working before without problem. Only thing I did was install the new Beta of the MotoGP Ducati. But even stand bikes do the samething.

On another note, I've noticed since Beta 8, Win10 keeps asking me for Admin rights for GP Bikes folder. So it doesn't save anything in to the folder, I have to drag things to it to get them to save or update

doubledragoncc

Klax WIN10 is a bitch with admin rights with certain programs and GPB is one. You have to make sure the USER admin rights are edited to allow all actions. It is not GPB that is the problem but WIN10.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Klax try SHFT+ESC let us know if that works and if you run full screen or windowed.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

r1rossi

Litereally the exact same thing happening to me.

But i found mine wouldn't even let me out on track until i did fresh install.

But even still i cannot ESC or anything...

I will try right now the SHFT / ESC together.

BRB

r1rossi

Shift and ESC did not work..

Still all messed up for me.

I went into windows 10 and even allowed GP past firewall to see if different, noope

SO frustrating.. I cannot even play

doubledragoncc

Have you TOTALLY removed GPB from your system each time? Game folder in Program Files x86, GPB folder from Documents and cleaned ALL regedit records of GPB with something like CCleaner?

If WIN10 sees ANY info from an old copy it may keep acting the same way. Also when you ido a fresh install are you having to put in the key(you should have to if profile is deleted too)?

DD

Sorry to ask the obvious but it happens to all of us lol
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

r1rossi

Yes,

I will do it again to make sure.

2 times i have seemingly fully removed it.

I will go through every folder possible and try again.

Each time i have re installed i have had to put my license in yes. Reset my controller etc. Everything.

When selecting my controller layout it doesn't let me use the keyboard for any buttons which is odd also.

doubledragoncc

March 08, 2016, 01:45:59 PM #7 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:47:48 PM by doubledragoncc
I wonder if you could download someone elses GPB game folder without mods is small and pasted it over your copy to see if it was a certain file from your installation.

Also, have you used only ONE downloaded copy of beta8 to install or re downloaded the installation file?

I am just throwing ideas out bro

DD

EDIT: I have space on my dropbox to upload a copy of my GPB files if you want to try a copy and paste it over your install?

r1rossi

Sure man, I am not against it.

Email is mugnem1@hotmail.com if that helps

EDIT: i have re downloaded it 2 times.

doubledragoncc

March 08, 2016, 01:53:17 PM #9 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:27:42 PM by doubledragoncc
I will do it and leave the download link here with the gpbikes ini etc as standard ok. Will take a while as I am video editing right now. Will be as quick as possible.

EDIT:

Heres my GPB folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0jo48odw4otrfc/GPB%20Folder.rar?dl=0

I recommend you unpack the rar file with winrar to a drive you have full permissions for or to a folder with full permissions if not. Re-name the folder to your game folder name, right click it to check properties/security for USER and make sure you have all permissions then copy it and paste it into Program Files (x86) or where you have the game folder. Let it over write and then right click it to check properties/security for USER again and you may have to re edit permissions but it should work.

Check your security settings for Windows by the way. I leave mine low to allow me to do shit lol.

Hope this helps. I will keep looking into it.

DD

r1rossi

So when searching i found an OLD folder with replays and pictures HIDDEN way away lol in videos and a piboso folder etc.

SO i am going to delete all that garbage and try again

doubledragoncc

Well try that first.

Left a link in previous post for my GPB copy.

Let me know

DD

r1rossi

So , removing everything and re install, nope, completely froze computer.

I have had windows 10 since the day it was released and not once had an issue. So i find it VERY weird that even since the original B8 was released i was lapping online with everyone having fun.

Literally out of nowhere this happened.

Nothing new has been downloaded or added...

I will try to copy and paste your setup..

r1rossi

March 08, 2016, 04:02:12 PM #13 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:15:16 PM by r1rossi

EDIT: i listened to your rules.

I think i now have access to ESC , i somehow adjusted to FULL permission on USERS and i quickly tried..

BRB

EDIT #2 :after connecting my xbox one controller, it will not allow me to use the ESC button even in settings to bring to main menu, when disconnecting and trying, it works.

Could it be my controller messing stuff up?

Final update. When using my keyboard, setup the keyboard to play the game , everything works. Including the ESC .

I have no idea HOW my controller i have been using for a while would randomly cause these errors????

r1rossi