• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

B8 Event 4 | Varese Cup Snetterton | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 10, 2016, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

Quote from: Hawk on March 10, 2016, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Toomes1 on March 10, 2016, 04:40:14 PM
Yes please but I'm going to have to find a skin certainly can't make one the brain just goes blank for skinning (think it's called....as thick as shit.)

Toomes #71 please.

Who the heck is blackpart in riders list?

Use your "Horizon GP Team" Skin for the Varase if your struggling to find another skin mate.  ;)

Hawk I totally forgot about that, cheers mate.

Hawk.

PS:@Dareaper: I'm going to do a little practice session now, but certainly earlier I wasn't getting any core.exe crashes.  :-\

matty0l215

@Toomes

Do you have suits?

@Hawk

Same and use your HGP skin??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 10, 2016, 08:14:53 PM
@Toomes

Do you have suits?

@Hawk

All my paints are in your paint database:

Bike Skin: Hawk_Racing_UK_500cc.pnt

Rider Skin: HGP Hawk_UK 7 Leathers.pnt

Helmet: Shark Race-R Pro(Helmet Paint: Hawk_UK Helmet #7.pnt)

matty0l215

Quote from: Hawk on March 10, 2016, 08:47:52 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 10, 2016, 08:14:53 PM
@Toomes

Do you have suits?

@Hawk

All my paints are in your paint database:

Bike Skin: Hawk_Racing_UK_500cc.pnt

Rider Skin: HGP Hawk_UK 7 Leathers.pnt

Helmet: Shark Race-R Pro(Helmet Paint: Hawk_UK Helmet #7.pnt)

Ta. Added :)

Blackheart

Omg on this track I suck... but i like it lol

Demitsuri

dareaper46

This track is definitely one of the most challenging tracks I have ridden before. After a few laps I remembered the track vaguely from Project Cars, and even there it was a challenge.

I am enjoying the track, the curbs are just annoying. Soooo slippery :(

BOBR6 84

Wow you made Snetterton 300!!!   :o ;D lol missed that one.. Awesome track! Nice one  :) 8)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: dareaper46 on March 11, 2016, 06:46:26 AM

Agree and we agreed in the Beta 8 thread too http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3103.msg49862#msg49862, maybe it is just us.  :(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 11, 2016, 08:34:40 AM
Quote from: dareaper46 on March 11, 2016, 06:46:26 AM

Agree and we agreed in the Beta 8 thread too http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3103.msg49862#msg49862, maybe it is just us.  :(

Besides that... Do curbs have a different 'traction' value compared to grass? Also do curbs from different tracks have different traction values? Reason why I ask is because on Spa and A1 curbs could be used. Although still VERY slippery and most prob causing a nice rolling burnout :P it is not NEARLY as bad as with Snetterton 300. On Snetterton 300 is 99% guaranteed you will crash if only 1mm of your tyres touch the curb.

Napalm Nick

There are different grip values for :

3 x Types of different asphalt
Concrete
Grass
Artificial Turf
sand
kerb
soil
paint

Asphalt then concrete then kerb is the order of grip so shouldn't be too bad but I assume the changes to the tyres have made it all worse off asphalt for some reason. Grass and sand was too 'grippy' before but now the bikes just flop over on their side when they smell 'off track'. Maybe the changes went too far?  Maybe we have to fudge stuff by the trackmodders calling the kerbs "asphalt 3" or something. Bah an ugly solution.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Each surface has its own grip level then each tyre has its own level of grip for each surface from what i'm aware.

doNico

I did some laps yesterday. The bike is wobbling one eyy straight, it's not possible to get it sorted. Its only possible with less throttle and rear brake but that sucks imo... Any setup advices for me? (PM would be great)
I like this track alot. Really challenging, with the 500 even more... As soon as I'm able to ride stable I'm going to place my entry... But it's not funny with all those problems :(

Cheers
~doN

Hawk

The apparent lack of grip on the kerbs is probably due to the modelling of the kerbs themselves(the shape of the kerb 3D mesh) and not the grip factor of the GPB kerb track model creation rules.

The Kerb model on this track is irregular and somewhat rounded instead of a very accurate representation of the real life kerbs. With cars you can get away with that sort of easy somewhat lazy modelling, but for a proper simulated bike model you need more accuracy to real life to get the proper response, hence the kerbs not being very accurate to real life in that their 3D shape holds not only a lot less grip than they should, but also the bike doesn't respond realistically when its wheels are traveling over the shaping of that kerb mesh.

So the conclusion when creating tracks for GPB is that you cannot be lazy in your track mesh modelling, with cars simulators you can get away with it, but for a genuine bike simulator you have to model to a more accurate level to get the best out of a simulator like GPB.

The kerbs models will take a lot of work to rebuild accurately, but I will look into rebuilding the kerb models on Snetterton as soon as I have time spare to do them guys.  In the mean time the solution is to stay off the kerbs! Lol  ;D

Just to say that any painted lines on the track surface are also a little more slippy than the track surface too, and if it's wet they become even more slippy! Great fun!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: doNico on March 11, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
I did some laps yesterday. The bike is wobbling one eyy straight, it's not possible to get it sorted. Its only possible with less throttle and rear brake but that sucks imo... Any setup advices for me? (PM would be great)
I like this track alot. Really challenging, with the 500 even more... As soon as I'm able to ride stable I'm going to place my entry... But it's not funny with all those problems :(

Cheers
~doN

Be gentle yet progressive when initially opening the throttle, especially when trying to accelerate as fast as possible on corner exits, almost like telling your bike what your going to do before you do it. Don't just slam your throttle wide open and expect to get away with it..... It's all about throttle control, especially with the 2 stroke bikes.  ;)

Hawk.