• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:02:14 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

B8 Event 4 | Varese Cup Snetterton | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 10, 2016, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Great news Hawk. I never rode this track and it is great bro. If the curbs were sorted to be real it would improve it 10 fold. The track cams are the best eva bruv.  ;D

Thanks for the last update, dont know what the old one was like but this is one of the best quality tracks I have ridden on.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Some corners I can not understand them, for example the right one with the "bump" I have a damn fear of falling and so I do it  very slowly!  ;D

matty0l215

Quote from: Blackheart on March 11, 2016, 11:13:12 AM
Some corners I can not understand them, for example the right one with the "bump" I have a damn fear of falling and so I do it  very slowly!  ;D

After the bridge? Thats the bombhole. Roll off and roll on ;)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

It took some time to find the lines where i could go faster, but quite sure i am about to have found a great line around this track, my lap times are low and i can do consistent good times now too :) looking forward for QP and race :D
Meyer#12

Hawk

March 11, 2016, 11:31:16 AM #64 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:34:38 AM by Hawk
Quote from: Blackheart on March 11, 2016, 11:13:12 AM

I think your talking about the notorious and appropriately named "Bomb Hole" corner. Lol  ;D

Try raising your ride height until you can max lean without the bike hitting the ground, alternatively practice another line through the corner because the bike only touches the ground on low ride height bikes on a definite line through that corner as far as I can tell?

Just to say the track surface is modelled from radar scanned track data, so is as accurate as can be.  ;)

I must admit though, that corner holds fear for me and probably everybody else too! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 11, 2016, 10:36:21 AM
Great news Hawk. I never rode this track and it is great bro. If the curbs were sorted to be real it would improve it 10 fold. The track cams are the best eva bruv;D

Thanks for the last update, dont know what the old one was like but this is one of the best quality tracks I have ridden on.

DD

Thanks DD!  ;D 8)

I can't take credit for the great track cams, they were very kindly created by Nick. He has indeed done a brilliant job in creating them. He seems to have a natural ability to see great scene views as shows in all his video creations too. But certainly a brilliant job done there Nick and much appreciated mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

That corner is a lot deeper IRL this doesnt do it justice :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

My setup is made that i just scrape the fearing or whatever it is once in a while to cause some sparks but it seems quite ok as long as i stay on the right line. not so big trouble for me trough Bomb hole :)
Meyer#12

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 11, 2016, 11:54:53 AM

I know your very familiar with the Snetterton track Matty so I very much trust your opinion on that mate.  ;)
Sounds like they may have smoothed out that section of the track radar data for performance reasons? Then maybe I should make some changes?! Hehe!  ;D ( :o :-\;D

Any idea what the max depth the dip in that corner is in real life and over what distance through that corner? I could measure those points in the track model to compare.  ;)

Anyway, I'll leave any consideration of changes like that until the uphill/downhill bike handling issues are fully sorted in GPB, otherwise it could create a problem. Lol  ;D

But as Meyer says: With the right setup and line then that corner is well conquerable. Nice to hear that Meyer!  ;D

Hawk.

dareaper46

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 11, 2016, 11:54:53 AM

What exactly am I missing? Matty do you race at Snetterton IRL on a regular basis? Or are you actually a BSB rider in hiding? :P

Blackheart

March 11, 2016, 12:43:42 PM #70 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:46:59 PM by Blackheart
With my new setup, I improved than 3 seconds (now 1:55) but yet I'm not good in some corners, because I'm wrong line  :P

@Meyer Your setup was very good but my style is different, i use a slightly modified version of my old A1 ring  :D

Napalm Nick

I need to go have a go see what I can do, try to beat 2 minute barrier pffff  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Matty my skins same as last race but bike is Jamie Whithams Cadbury Boost yummy!  ;D

Thx mate.

PS: Do you also update this stickied thread ? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2456.0
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doNico

Quote from: Hawk on March 11, 2016, 10:35:25 AM
Quote from: doNico on March 11, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
I did some laps yesterday. The bike is wobbling one eyy straight, it's not possible to get it sorted. Its only possible with less throttle and rear brake but that sucks imo... Any setup advices for me? (PM would be great)
I like this track alot. Really challenging, with the 500 even more... As soon as I'm able to ride stable I'm going to place my entry... But it's not funny with all those problems :(

Cheers
~doN

Be gentle yet progressive when initially opening the throttle, especially when trying to accelerate as fast as possible on corner exits, almost like telling your bike what your going to do before you do it. Don't just slam your throttle wide open and expect to get away with it..... It's all about throttle control, especially with the 2 stroke bikes.  ;)

Hawk.

I used to ride 2 strokes in real live (TZ 350 ...) I know how to deal with it but its easier to handle it if your able to feel the power ... in GP Bikes, the front wheel rises and you fall off. on the TZ, you apperently know, around 7-9k rpm the bomb is going to explode ... in gp bikes, im waiting, waiting and waiting ... no revs -> full throttle and boom.

I have to practise the whole night :D:D

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 11, 2016, 12:44:44 PM
I need to go have a go see what I can do, try to beat 2 minute barrier pffff  ::)

same ... but i think its going to fall by practising ;)

MMA Clerk of the Course

RACE CONTROL MESSAGE
UPDATE
Track OPEN for Free Practice 2

FP1 results below

I probably won't speak on the server but I am looking out for your safety.