• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:23:07 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bambino stuck on 'Connected'

Started by Napalm Nick, March 15, 2016, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I promised Bambino I would seek further help so please post some suggestions to help the poor chap.

Problem: Bambino cannot join any GPBOC Server but can join others (gets stuck at 'connecting'). At least 40 other riders can join GPBOC servers OK.

GPBOC servers are not running:
1. Any Whitelist
2. Any Blacklist
3. Any Ping Limits
4. Any rating limits

He has opened ports for the normal game and also to match GPBOC server ports. He has checked Bandwidth setting to High.
Crucially he seems to be able to join other servers OK.

I have run out of ideas other than unlikely ones like my ISP has his WAN IP blocked for some unknown reason.
I read other posts here where 'stuck-on-connected' returned a search but nothing seems relevant.

Any thoughts?  ???

Thx.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

If bambino opens a server can you see (join) him from your end?

Napalm Nick

Haven't tried , will try. Good idea. Thx :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

When Bambino makes a World server (non dedicated) I can join it OK  ???

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Bambino on March 23, 2016, 01:37:47 PM
Quote from: Hawk on March 23, 2016, 11:45:41 AM
Quote from: Bambino on March 23, 2016, 09:53:30 AM
Hi all,

Napalm i can't enter to your server, i can all servers.

I don't can run with yours!

:'(

What is happening when you try to connect? Any messages? How long are you waiting for connection? What bikes have you got installed? Have you changed or installed anything besides the original GPB Beta 8 default install? What OS are you using?

It is very strange that you can connect with other servers besides Nicks..... I had this problem once and it took ages for me and Dibu to find out that it was caused because I'd unzipped the default track and bikes but the server had kept the default bike and tracks in PKZ format, but I thought this issue had been remedied by Piboso now?

All these questions could help someone to figure out what is happening there.  ;) :)

Hawk.

Hello,

If completely and install new GPBikes Beta 8 twice.

I currently have installed the S80 and any circuit.

When I connect Connecting and puts me in a few seconds Connection Timeout .

No it may be happening .

regards

Boerenlater

Which ports did he open exactly? upnp on in router/modem? Firewall settings in windows and/or in modem?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

The 10500 series in the router.  But ports should not be the answer anyway as he can connect to other servers ok???

Boerenlater

10500-10510?
Did he try with all firewalls/protection disabled?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

try that Bambino. Not sure why it would stop mine but not any other though. Try anything I suppose.

Bambino

Yes i create a rule on Firewall to say Windows core.exe Firewall not protect.

I can't enter to GPBOC!  :'(

I open in my router Ports 10500 and 10510.

Blackheart

Quote from: Bambino on March 23, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

it is useless to open the ports...

Check your bandwitch setting in the option  ::)

Hawk

I was getting this when I first installed GPB beta 8, can you remember Nick? I think a few others were getting this too. But since I installed again over my previous install(in other words, without uninstalling the previous Beta 8 install) it sorted itself out. Also gave the firewall authority to connect, that helped too.

Hawk.

Bambino

Hi,

When i reinstall now Beta 8 i can get new License and create new PROFILE.

I can enter to Motorline France and all servers.

I dont know what problem i have on Napalm Server.

Thanks

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on March 23, 2016, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: Bambino on March 23, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

it is useless to open the ports...

Check your bandwitch setting in the option  ::)

already suggested some time ago while we were PM-ing about it. (Also stated in Post 1) Still don't work.

Quote from: Hawk on March 23, 2016, 05:03:04 PM
I was getting this when I first installed GPB beta 8, can you remember Nick? I think a few others were getting this too. But since I installed again over my previous install(in other words, without uninstalling the previous Beta 8 install) it sorted itself out. Also gave the firewall authority to connect, that helped too.

Hawk.

I do remember, and a Virgin technician (who visited 2 days beforehand) is still recovering from his stern telling-off for messing with my servers lol. That problem was all my end I am sure.   ::)