• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:18:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

What is the fastest bike on GP Bikes?

Started by IronHorse, March 17, 2016, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meyer#12

I wasn't saying you can't play with the bike physics here, feel free to do that :)

I was just thinking if all you was here for, was to fly with bikes, then there was more fun games to do that with. But of course you can do what you want in this game. More people around here means more fun :)

You should try signing up for one to the Owner Club races, people are always having a blast there! And it is very good practice :)

Hope to see you racing with us!
Meyer#12

h106frp

Quote from: grimm on March 17, 2016, 02:26:10 PM
With the bikeed tools you can make all sorts of goofy stuff. Modded the gearbox and the power output (410hp) as well as lowered and stretched the 990, and achieved 303mph. As much as you would think 4-5-600 hp would make a difference, the aerodynamic factors and traction (those power numbers shred up tires in one pass) limit it at realistic numbers.

I'm currently using GP Bikes to train for a real world scenario of more power than common sense, so I've probably tried just about everything to find the limits of the bikes and sim.

https://www.youtube.com/v/NSc2QjxVZko

With PB adding heats for KRP it might be fun to have a Santa Pod style drag racing 1/4 mile challenge in GPB with radically modified bikes.  8)

IronHorse

Yeah no problem, I would be happy for that. But because I want to try something new, does not mean its suddenly ALL I want to do. Lol. Very impressed with grimms video too xD

grimm

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 18, 2016, 08:43:17 AM
Nice stuff grimm !
But we can go further: let's drop the bike CdA and a flat salt lake track :)

(Very OT)

Max, I keep it on the quiet end of things due to the nature of the "record" I am attempting to set, but, it's just the GP Bikes forum, not like I'm yelling it from the roof tops on facebook or something....

I'm building a turbocharged motorcycle to compete for the "fastest wheelie on ice". I've been developing chassis and tire setup for almost 10 years now, DDCC saw what I was up to, physically seen the bike and the parts (it was quite awhile ago though, much has changed) and GP Bikes with the basic handlebar controller I have is the only thing that I could find that won't result in a crash or broken parts for me to train in the muscle memory of trying to wheelie a very heavy, very powerful, very focused motorcycle with very limited traction. Thus far JanjGP has the only strait section (well, NW200 as well) that I can set rain condition to 15%, run a set of hard slicks, and pretty much simulate the traction and behavior of the bike. The right formula of throttle, speed, and body position change (pulling my weight back suddenly as I give it full throttle, on the turbo bike the lag/delay will make the timing different, but it's similar enough) can get the bike up and keep it there for the required 600m.

At the current stage of things, the engine is almost ready to go back into the frame for some summer testing. If things work out well enough leading up to the lakes freezing around here, I'll be giving my first real attempts on a frozen lake in the middle of nowhere as far from people as I can imagine getting, sometime in late December, early January. Crossed the 6 month threshold recently and my anxiety is through the roof over getting the bike done and tested.

If a modeler wanted to make a dream come true, bringing my Bandit (not really a Bandit anymore) to life in GP Bikes would be something I would pay for. Same with a frozen lake. I can even find the google earth coordinates for the location I am going to use. Wouldn't even have to be pretty, just a slightly bumpy (yes ice is rough, the smooth stuff is rare unless it is still/stagnant water freezing in a pond) half mile stretch of flat, rough surface with the glare of the sun beaming off it. The surface can be the same as all the tarmac tracks, as traction can be adjusted via the wet weather slider in the track setup. DD mentioned talking to some modders a few years back, but between beta releases and businesses, neither of us got around to it.

On topic, drag racing, top speed, and GP Bikes!

Drag racing on GP Bikes requires a clutch in a big way. The amount of rev vs slip to get off the line well, is demanding to say the least. I was at Dragster1.0 with the bike in the video practicing launching and the best time I could run on the 400m was 9.6 (timing from replays) and to get faster requires more traction. There was little difference (aside from dead tires and crashes) between 300hp and 400hp.

If we were to do salt flats it would be a battle of keeping the rear tire from coming apart. Like said before, one single pass at 300mph and the tire is worn to the carcass and stopping isn't going to happen without alot of space. Not sure how Beta8 deals with massive speeds and tire wear, but I would imagine it's not terribly different. 2 passes on a pretty short track and you'll need to change tire again. Qualifying tires don't even last until the end of a top speed run at JanjGP.  :o

BOBR6 84

Amazing!!!  ;D and good luck grimm.. seriously!  8)

Meyer#12

Sounds amazing Grimm!! Good luck!!

I know the record holder quite well, been racing with him in Sweden for many years :) he is a crazy talented rider, without doubt one of the fastest riders i have seen in long time.

He raced Red Bull rookies cup and in German championship back when it was big with some pretty big teams but never really got his breaktrough, sadly.

But sounds cool! Keep us up to date with your work :)
Meyer#12

IronHorse

Wow good luck grimm the bike already looks really cool cant wait to see you break the record

doubledragoncc

Man I miss being there bro. That day with the others racing in the RAV4 on the ice was furkin brilliant fun.

You can do it B, I know you got it in your veins bro.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Wow, thanks for the support! It's been a long and trying road to get where I'm at, and there is still a long way to go, but I'm (so far) the only person in the world building a bike specifically for this record. Funny thing too is that I am just some nobody from the far north woods of the USA. Nobody knows me, I've never raced, I'm not famous for anything. Just average guy looking to do something extraordinary.  :D

Quote from: Meyer#12 on March 19, 2016, 08:06:27 PM
Sounds amazing Grimm!! Good luck!!

I know the record holder quite well, been racing with him in Sweden for many years :) he is a crazy talented rider, without doubt one of the fastest riders i have seen in long time.

He raced Red Bull rookies cup and in German championship back when it was big with some pretty big teams but never really got his breaktrough, sadly.

But sounds cool! Keep us up to date with your work :)

Robert Gull?

The locals here disputed the record for various reasons, currently they reset the record at 134.8 mph this year. A guy that was supposed to show up had a migraine headache the morning of the event and didn't run his Kawasaki H2R, but unofficially ran it a bit farther north of here in late February and set an unofficial 145mph "record". Congrats to all of them for what they have accomplished. The ice is an unpredictable and unforgiving monster, it literally lives and breathes, moves, changes. One minute you have perfect ice, the next it is slush city, and then as the sun sets it's like riding on broken glass shards. Timing is everything.

The ingredients are there for me to use, I just need to mix them in the proper proportions. My goal for the wheelie bike is to be able to get up to nearly top speed and pick it up against the aerodynamic barrier and hold it up as the bike slows, average out the speed over the 600 meter distance required, and sit back and watch the others try to comprehend how I squeezed enough power, traction, and investment into getting a bike to go 160+mph on the average on ice.

DD's seen the tire setup, the venue, and heard how I plan to get this to happen. Funny, the people that have heard the details in full, are not only impressed, but, not a single one of them doubts that it is the right mixture of the right people, parts, and location to make this happen. The recent unofficial 145mph was on perfect ice, in perfect conditions, the limitation is clear to me, but, I don't think it's clear to current record competitors. Time to change how everyone views how this needs to be done.  8)

Unofficial record video I just came across looking up the current record numbers. The music makes me want to clench my teeth. Dunno what it is about dubstep that makes my head hurt. I must be getting old. lol

http://airvuz.com/play?id=56d9ba94e79075c65132d1b9

Meyer#12

Yeah Robert Gull, very nice guy :)

Wow sounds amazing! I am really looking forward to follow this project!

Meyer#12