• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 8 Event 6 | S80 Swedish Stylie | WINNERS - NUOVAIC/NAPALM NICK | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 18, 2016, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Works for me Hawk!

I love Aragon layout but I am really, really bad there for some reason lol. Time to put an old fairing on and some crash mushrooms. ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I get a lot of core crashes on Aragon so its hard for me to practice on faster bikes being new to this. If you do it can there be a server up for practice to see if it cores too?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

Not my races yesterday. Race 1, engine blew on lap 4! WHAT THE HELL?!  :o

Race two was just horrible, crashed into Hawk in 2nd corner, went out of next corner and crashed again and decided to wait for Hawk and let him pass since i did crash him earlier, sorry mate. and from then it just went downhill! had two laps without crashes and the rest was just horrible, i couldn't ride the bike at all, even i with the exact same setup in warmup didn't have any problems. So i had my first rage quit  ::)

The positive i can take with me, was my QP times and my pace in QP, which was not bad at all and almost no crashes, so very dissapointed in myself at race 2. At least i could stay and watch some good racing, enjoyed the Nuo/Nick fight in race 1.

Congratulations to Nuo for race 1 win and to Nick for Race 2 win! well done guys!
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

Just tried Aragon and no fun for me at all. No disrespect to the maker but it is not finished and it just gives my brain a great big GAME alert, it looks to much like a game and that takes out the enjoyment for me to start with. Sorry but I need at least a bit of backdrop and detail to make me feel more like I am not in a game. It might sound stupid as you will say it is all about the riding, but I dont FEEL like I am riding on a track due to the visuals and it just looks wrong to ME.

As I said, NO disrespect to the maker as I DO appreciate the work. I am just a finicky old git.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2016, 09:50:49 AM
I get a lot of core crashes on Aragon so its hard for me to practice on faster bikes being new to this. If you do it can there be a server up for practice to see if it cores too?

DD

Server up only just catching up on posts  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2016, 12:57:18 PM
Just tried Aragon and no fun for me at all. No disrespect to the maker but it is not finished and it just gives my brain a great big GAME alert, it looks to much like a game and that takes out the enjoyment for me to start with. Sorry but I need at least a bit of backdrop and detail to make me feel more like I am not in a game. It might sound stupid as you will say it is all about the riding, but I dont FEEL like I am riding on a track due to the visuals and it just looks wrong to ME.

As I said, NO disrespect to the maker as I DO appreciate the work. I am just a finicky old git.

DD

Correct DD, Aragon isn't finished. That's why it is only a version 0.85 and not a version 1.0.  ;)
It is a conversion and either myself or Janau will update and complete this track at some stage, but it's still a great track to race on in my opinion compared to a lot of other tracks in the database that are still not complete or the track surfaces are unrideable.  ;)

So far all we've done to Aragon is seal the major gaps(still a lot of small gaps still to seal yet) that were in this track causing core.exe crashes all the time(it's a heck of a lot better now for that) and smoothed out some terrible bumps in the track surface(probably needs a total track surface rebuild really to be honest).

But we're always glad to receive feedback, so what is it exactly that you'd like to see done to Aragon to make it better? Can you do a sort of "TODO" list of what you'd like added or improved upon.... That would be a great help because personally I love racing at Aragon, the track itself just has a continuity type of flow to it that allows a rider to get into a rhythm very easily, and I'd like to make this track good for the community.  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: I like finicky and I like perfectionism.  ;) 8)

doubledragoncc

HI Hawk,

Well its real simple dude. Naturally the ride and reduction of core crashes take a priority.

For me, as I have been spoiled by lovely graphics for racing as in PCars, Shift2 etc etc I REALLY need to feel immersed in the track and its surroundings. I know many are happy to say, "Yeah but its a great track" and it is, BUT and for me it is a big BUT, it is how my mind SCREAMS "GAME GAME GAME!!!' at me because it is bland, lacking in character. It is hard because of the tracks location. It is very sparse and needs the details to bring it to life.

I do hope I have in no way offended you guys, you have done such great work. It is ME just being the type of person that has never been able to just be satisfied with basics. Knowing what can be done I cant wait until you do more on it.

If it helps, when I look at NEW racing games like Automobilista I turn my nose up and walk away laughing. To me it is appalling in its standards and looks when you consider GTR2 looked 10 times better 10 years ago!!!

I am a FOOKIN finicky C*** to say the least.

As I said, the cores and riding come first, then maybe I will be a happy bunny, but this is a community and not a personal sim.

Thank you very much for your response to my first post on this, it show maturity and understanding both ways.

Luv you guys. Best community there is.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2016, 02:58:28 PM
Well its real simple dude. Naturally the ride and reduction of core crashes take a priority.

Agreed. This is all we've concentrated on up till now just to get the track out there. Believe me, if you'd have seen the state the track was in before version 0.85 you'd know how much better it is now as far as core.exe crashes than it was before. But yes, it still does indeed need a lot of work doing to seal up the gaps in the mesh it to bring it up to a reliable non track causing core.exe crash standard. But some of the gaps that were there before v0.85, you'd literally fall through them. Lol  ;D
Unfortunately we haven't got around to working on it since the last update(a long while ago now), but I may have a solution in converting a totally new track version of Aragon soon if I can get permissions. Let's see... Otherwise I'll work on this one to bring it up to standard.  ;)

It is hard because of the tracks location. It is very sparse and needs the details to bring it to life.

Agreed on both points.  ;)

I do hope I have in no way offended you guys, you have done such great work. It is ME just being the type of person that has never been able to just be satisfied with basics. Knowing what can be done I cant wait until you do more on it.

You certainly have not offended me, and I'm sure Janau would feel the same when I say that any criticism is good for making improvements. In fact I personally welcome critics so long as they are justified, as is the case with this track simply because it is far from finished.  So no worries on that my friend. ;) 8)

Thank you very much for your response to my first post on this, it show maturity and understanding both ways.

Appreciated, DD.  ;) 8)

Luv you guys. Best community there is.

DD

Totally agree with you DD..... This community is class A1+ for sure!  ;D

Hawk.

janaucarre

I agree with hawk.
Sometimes i dream about days during 35 hours and 2 brains with 4 arms to do all i want

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on March 21, 2016, 07:29:29 PM
I agree with hawk.
Sometimes i dream about days during 35 hours and 2 brains with 4 arms to do all i want

Lol.... Totally agree with you Janau...... I also dream of being able to slow time down so I can do more each day.... Time passes SO fast when your focused on this sort of work.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I know what you guys mean. I spend every day working to improve my systems. We all love the actual riding in GPB but also the work that makes it better.

I wonder where the bloody days go sometimes. Many dont appreciate the amount of work it takes to do anything when it comes to design and making stuff for such a sim.

You guys do great work and it is what helps make GPB what it is.

Why didnt they make days have 48 hours lol.

DD

Hawk

@ MMA: Is there any chance of stopping the limiting of tyres for practice sessions?

It's not limiting riders from practicing at all because they can practice offline if they run out of tyres.... Also, I'm sure it's deterring riders from coming online when they know they've used there tyres for that session. There's just no point in limiting tyres at all in my opinion, especially during practice sessions. ;) :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Gargh no sense of adventure.....   Wanted to get it into peoples mindset ready for the 3 day events really but as the server-save and netcode still needs a tweak there's little point I suppose. Surely only the sad butt-hurts would practice offline then come to set fast laps? No-one enters into the spirit of things anymore......moan, ramble, sigh .... pfffff.........I Will remind her to turn it off for the next session.  ::)

Napalm Nick

I love Aragon but I don't know what it is with this track but I cannot ride it.  :( I just go round hoping the bike will not fall over randomly, like the track is made of ice. Has always been like this for me for some reason. I think the Stock1000 bikes were the only ones I felt some confidence with on this track and then because I practiced hard all week for the race (only to jumpstart and get booted in the race). Double pffffffff to it.