• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:53:20 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Race your replay? (Ghost)

Started by IronHorse, March 23, 2016, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHorse

I was thinking how cool it would be to race AI offline when nobody is on the servers. What about racing your own ghost to practice faster lap times? Is it possible?

CapeDoctor

careful, this has been requested several times over before, but the dev's not keen on the idea at all....
for someone like me, who has a pretty useless net connection, especially fro a racing sim like this, it would make a huge difference to be able to at least race against myself, but hey.... PiBoSo's not interested, it seems.

doubledragoncc

March 23, 2016, 04:55:18 PM #2 Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:42:04 PM by doubledragoncc
It is unfortunately the big downside to GPB. I for one love to have the chance to practice offline with AI so I get used to other bikes around me at speed, learn overtaking and crash avoidance etc without having to have an internet connection and being in the way of others.

I find it disgusting that companies now EXPECT you to have a FAST and expensive internet access to play their games. It is an unfair and disrespectful requirement of modern gaming.

I HATE ghosts, why must it be a stupid looking ghost, why cant it be a full car or bike you can ride/drive through, it is annoying to look at and totally unreal in feel. If it is a ghost then please make it so I cant see through it, that makes me feel like Im in a cheap game.

Because many only think of their personal preferences, we the majority must suffer the loss of offline racing and full practice. They just dont get the point it is a massive negative on sales and simply unfair to those like CDX who share an internet connection but cant race because his ping is bloody 700 plus at times!!!!!

Now we have a customer who has paid for GPB and CANT use it for what it is advertised for a bike sim with no other bikes to race with is no racing simulation.....POINT!!! It is a ride on your own and see if you can beat your best time and thats it sim!!!

Sorry but I have been places with no internet and it sucks when you have a sim/game and cant enjoy it because some feel its not real to have AI!!!

BASTA

DD

EDIT I am not putting Piboso down for not having this kind of feature it is me stating my personal preference to the option for this and also my frustration I feel for guys like CDX that so wanted to race the other day and could not. I just think it only fair to have the option if you want it or you have no other choice because of internet connection.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

@Piboso, is there any chance that the "Helper" from MX bike could be implemented in the next Beta?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 23, 2016, 05:42:44 PM
Whats the helper matty?

DD

Its basically a ghost but it looks like another rider on track, it's not a ghost in anyway.

Have you got a copy of MX bikes?

doubledragoncc

Holy Bat shit Robin I never knew that gonna have to check it out. I got a paid copy hehe,

How do I find the dude, never saw anything about it?

DD

matty0l215

Sorry, its called trainer not helper, you find it in the garage.

Do a lap and it should be there (i stumbled upon it and i've forgotten how it works to be honest ;D)

Piboso should be able to shed some light ;) ::)

doubledragoncc