• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Hi, I'm very new here. I just had a question :D

Started by HintOfAlex, March 27, 2016, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HintOfAlex

Hi, as the title says, I am very new here. (The game and the forum). I don't even know if I am posting this question in the correct part of the forum. I was just wondering: How does the creator of the game not get destroyed by copyright claims and other legal issues like that. I've seen all-sorts of videos including real brand names, real bikes and real tracks. I was just wondering, how does he avoid getting sued etc by all these companies?

Thanks.

- Alex

Blackheart

March 27, 2016, 05:38:59 PM #1 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:40:58 PM by Blackheart
GPB has no real brand... but are the mods created by us users, the developer does not have anything to do about what we create.  :P

P.S. Very strange this first post  ::)

Hawk

I also think because most motorcycle companies are not American, suing is the last thing they really want to do.... were-as in America you only have to look at someone wrong and they'll sue you on the spot! Hehe!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 27, 2016, 05:38:59 PM
GPB has no real brand... but are the mods created by us users, the developer does not have anything to do about what we create.  :P

It's probably Honda, Blacky. Lol  ;D ;D

Hawk

Blackheart

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 27, 2016, 05:47:50 PM
Or the Dorna wants money here too  ;D

Haha! I'd love to see them try! Now that would be comical!  ;D

Hawk.

HintOfAlex

Yeah, I know it's a bit weird. I was just wondering. So modders create the bikes with the real brand names and the developer doesn't get any problems. Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. I'm a game-dev myself and I have always wanted to create a bike game of sorts and this was a question that has been lingering on my mind for a bloody long time now. Thanks mate.

HintOfAlex

Quote from: Hawk on March 27, 2016, 05:44:29 PM

It's probably Honda, Blacky. Lol  ;D ;D

Hawk

Blacky? May I ask who that is?

Boerenlater

Quote from: HintOfAlex on March 27, 2016, 05:58:57 PM

Yeah, I know it's a bit weird. I was just wondering. So modders create the bikes with the real brand names and the developer doesn't get any problems. Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. I'm a game-dev myself and I have always wanted to create a bike game of sorts and this was a question that has been lingering on my mind for a bloody long time now. Thanks mate.
We/this game is way too small to be noticed.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Blackheart

Np  ;)

P.S. Im Blacky!  ;D

HintOfAlex

Quote from: Blackheart on March 27, 2016, 06:28:58 PM

Np  ;)

P.S. Im Blacky!  ;D

Oh right, haha. Thanks again.  ;)

HintOfAlex

Quote from: Boerenlater on March 27, 2016, 06:18:35 PM

We/this game is way too small to be noticed.

Ah, well I suppose that makes sense. Thanks. :D