• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:51:33 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Ride -through penalty

Started by Napalm Nick, May 21, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerazo

it worked for me in aragon but got blue flags just after so it didnt count me a lap.. kinda working

Napalm Nick

Thank you Hawk very much appreciated as always  :-*

Kerazxo - an interesting observation. Lap wasn't counted although ride through was cleared?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Kerazo

PeterV

May 21, 2015, 05:03:48 PM #18 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:12:03 PM by PeterV
like already mentioned if the pit entry and pit exit are not correctly named by the track authors, the ride through wont work as it should.
thats why it works on one track but not on another.
so like Max said when in doubt use Victoria to test a feature.

HornetMaX

I did a few tests on victoria: I'm under the impression that if you do a ride through but exceeds the pit-lane speed limit in doing it: the lap is not counted, the ride-through is not cleared and you get an additional penalty for speeding.

If this is confirmed, I think it should be changed, the lap must be counted, even if speeding in the pit lane.

Also, the speeding penalty is announced as a "ride through" penalty but at the race end it looks like a 20sec penalty. Probably another thing to be fixed.

MaX.

HornetMaX

May 22, 2015, 11:16:27 AM #20 Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:21:54 AM by HornetMaX
Just watched a recording: it also seems that if you get a ride through penalty for jump start and you don't go to the pits the same lap, the lap is not counted.
I though you had 3 laps to clear the ride-through (after that you are DSQ) ...

EDIT:
DOH ! Now I get it !

If you jump start and cross the start/finish line BEFORE the light is green, your lap will not be counted. I think it's a bug: it should count the lap. At worst, it could disqualify you (not ideal, but still better than not counting the lap).

[Notice that you can jump start without crossing the finish line before the light goes green]

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Great work Max!

I have read those posts many times now (well about 3 each) and I'm not sure even now that I understand what to do if I jump start the lights.  :-\ and my England is pretty good.

Very interesting observation you made there about jumping with or without crossing start line. Agree laps should be counted in both situations. DSQ for either is too harsh.

Go to pits on the same lap you get the penalty lap / keep under the speed limit (wherever that starts is guess work - I know you see the speed on screen but that's too late! (A Pit in (start slowing) period like the Pit out (get up to speed) period would cure that)?

I would have thought you had 3 laps too.

I have to assume it wont be fixed at Beta 7 so is it fair to say

We need a Jump start procedure in black and white.  :D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

and of course a really valid point:

If you jump start make sure you stop before the start/finish line (until lights are green).

Hardest to do if on pole, easiest at back.

No blaming visor flies.

HornetMaX

It's all a bit confusing and it would be better if Piboso could clarify. This for starter:

• For a jump start, what is the penalty ? In-gane it says ride through, but no matter if I clear the ride through or not, at the end of the race I have a 20sec penalty too. Also, if I don't clear the ride through, I finish the race and I'm not disqualified. Weird.
  • For exceeding the pit speed, what is the penalty ? In-game it says "ride-through" but if I don't clear the ride through, at the end of the race I only get a 20sec penalty.

Plus the "cross the start line before light goes green = lap not counted" bug (or kind of bug).

All the above tested on Victoria.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Bump.

Problem raised its ugly head again tonight. Bumping to keep it fresh in our beloved's mind (because we have no current bug list right?  ::))

:)