• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:57:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

What happened to the 600s in beta 8?

Started by IronHorse, April 02, 2016, 09:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHorse

I enjoyed riding 600's in this game until Beta 8 came out. Its such an awesome update but all the old bikes cant be played. Are there any updated versions of the mod bikes?

Napalm Nick

April 02, 2016, 09:33:36 PM #1 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:37:47 PM by Napalm Nick
When a Beta is released the bike modders have to make them compatible again. This is not something that occurs overnight.

In particular Beta 8 has significant physics changes and even the layout of where these physics are located is changed. It is a huge job - done by people in their own time whenever they can. Often the physics has to be completely overhauled.

You just have to be patient and wait eagerly but patiently and hope the modders find the time and inclination to do it all 'yet again'. Many a bike has been lost over the various Alpha ad Beta releases unfortunately.

One thing I can tell you is they don't like to be continuously asked for a release date. Another thing I can tell you is we all want them as much as anyone else and they will be back if they can be.  Keep your ear to the ground  ;).

In the mean time there is the MotoGP GP15, the two S80's the CBR to master. It has been hinted the rest of the MotoGps are on their way and the NS500 is soon to arrive. Plenty to master at the moment.

But yes we all love those 600's!

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

-aGy-

waiting for 600s because motogp is unplayable for me. too much wobble etc..

Daniel_F

i belive those bikes belonged to gpbikes italia.. i belive they left the project for a while

Eagle

doubledragoncc

I still have beta7 bikes, 42 MOD bikes in total I kept to ride in 7 until they are converted. I can upload what you want to my Dropbox but have limited space so cant do all at once.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Eagle

It's nice of you, but i don't think i could do much with them -- most importantly with the recent core changes. Can't it be kept in a specific folder of the Mega database ? So everyone can tinker with whatever bikes they want and probably post updates later.

IronHorse

Thanks nick.

Shame all those good bikes cant be played anymore. I wonder if piboso could make them compatible for the next update. They really made the game for me because I ride 600's irl.

Blackheart

Quote from: IronHorse on April 04, 2016, 02:21:38 AM
I wonder if piboso could make them compatible for the next update.

The old mods, require a lot of work for each bike from creators to be made compatible. I do not think that will be updated.  ::)

Convert mods from beta 7 to beta 8 it is not hard, but as you can see here there are many changes to make... very boring.

The wss600 were a GPB Italia mod, but none of them works on gpb now, I think to be the only italian modder here currently.

C21

QuoteShame all those good bikes cant be played anymore. I wonder if piboso could make them compatible for the next update. They really made the game for me because I ride 600's irl.
That´s the problem with every new beta.....
Why should Piboso care about the modded bikes, he has a lot of  work with GPB, KRP, WRS, MXB development....
As above, it takes a lot of scripting and testing work to make bikes compatible to each new beta.
Unfortunatly GPBItalia is out of the game, so i don´t think the bikes will be updated in the next days  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #