• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

750cc 2 stroke "X" Class bikeMODS???

Started by Hawk, April 08, 2016, 07:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Let's make it a 1000cc 2s, so that you can teach those 4s a lesson for good.

P.S.
If I were you I would just take the varese and give it more power and better tyres.
With the same tyres as the 990 plus the weight advantage and some extra power, it could compete easily.
I'd expect it to eat the tyres faster, which would just be like in reality. But you could tweak that too, so that it can be superior all around and you'll be finally happy :)

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 04:58:35 PM

P.S.
If I were you I would just take the varese and give it more power and better tyres.
With the same tyres as the 990 plus the weight advantage and some extra power, it could compete easily.
I'd expect it to eat the tyres faster, which would just be like in reality. But you could tweak that too, so that it can be superior all around and you'll be finally happy :)

Don't tempt me, Max! Hehe  ;D

No but seriously Max, all I'd like to see is a 2 stroke bike as if it had been developed through the years till now which could compete on equal terms with the current MotoGP 4 stroke bikes, hence the "X" classification.... The aim isn't to give the 4 strokes a good walloping, very tempting as that would be. Lol  ;D

Same top speeds as the 4 strokes but with 2 stroke characteristics, that's all mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

P.S.

Surely it would use a modern chassis design. So using the 990/moto gp bikes etc. as a base. also giving it modern electronics would make it rid able :P

Or why don't we just stick a turbo'ed 6 cylinder with a supercharger (thats right, BOTH!) in a 125 chassis and call it done :P ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 05:16:52 PM

P.S.

Surely it would use a modern chassis design. So using the 990/moto gp bikes etc. as a base. also giving it modern electronics would make it rid able :P

Or why don't we just stick a turbo'ed 6 cylinder with a supercharger (thats right, BOTH!) in a 125 chassis and call it done :P ;D
Formula 1 engine
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

matty0l215

Quote from: Boerenlater on April 09, 2016, 05:31:41 PM
Formula 1 engine
Excelent idea ;D

But I have tried messing with the 500 chassis, increasing the power (but about 1.2x stock power ish...) adding the 1000cc tyres and finally adding tcs, anti wheelie (this really helps) and engine breaking control (not that 2 strokes really have engine breaking)

It's a fun bike to ride but it struggles to get some high lean angles :-\ but with the lean it does get it's as solid as a rock!

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on April 09, 2016, 05:31:41 PM
Formula 1 engine
Excelent idea ;D

But I have tried messing with the 500 chassis, increasing the power (but about 1.2x stock power ish...) adding the 1000cc tyres and finally adding tcs, anti wheelie (this really helps) and engine breaking control (not that 2 strokes really have engine breaking)

It's a fun bike to ride but it struggles to get some high lean angles :-\ but with the lean it does get it's as solid as a rock!

COUGH! COUCH! CHOKE!  :o :o
TCS, anti-wheelie, EB!  Sod that electronic crap.... These will be real racing bikes not the modern electronic controlled rubbish! What are you trying to do Matty, give me a heart attack! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

Vini

April 09, 2016, 06:42:44 PM #21 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:53:39 PM by vin97
Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 05:16:52 PMalso giving it modern electronics would make it rid able :P
>:(

IMO, the two strokes of this "X Class" should have a bit of an physical advantage (power, weight) but they should be harder to ride.
If you start adding anti-wheelie and traction control (and engine brake  :o) it will basically just ride like the four stroke bikes in GPB with low engine brake setting.

matty0l215

YOU SAID SOMETHING TO FAIRLY COMPETE WITH MODERN MOTO GP BIKES :o

This would require modern electronics... it's not a question of weather its a true riding machine :P

Anyway, after fiddling more (WITH ELECTRONICS :P) i've managed to get better handling by getting the 990 wheels on the bike, it's certainly sorted the lean issue.

Now trying to get the swing arm to work...

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on April 09, 2016, 06:42:44 PM
IMO, the two strokes of this "X Class" should have a bit of an physical advantage (power, weight) but they should be harder to ride.
Why just a bit, let's give them a huge advantage. Sounds legit :) if only people would have kept investing in 2s they would be amaaaaazing right now ;)

If you start adding anti-wheelie and traction control (and engine brake  :o) it will basically just ride like the four stroke bikes in GPB with low engine brake setting.
No need for engine brake control on 2 strikes likely.

But please go forward and take the varese power curve, increase it by how much you want, and then ride it with no traction control.

Vini

April 09, 2016, 07:12:30 PM #24 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:21:20 PM by vin97
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 07:01:00 PM
Why just a bit, let's give them a huge advantage. Sounds legit :) if only people would have kept investing in 2s they would be amaaaaazing right now ;)
As I wrote, a 625cc V5 (260-270hp) in a V4 chassis (130-140kg) should be enough of an advantage. And this could've been done 20 years ago.

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 07:01:00 PM
But please go forward and take the varese power curve, increase it by how much you want, and then ride it with no traction control.
As long as the gearing is set up so that the engine always remains in it's powerband, it shouldn't be that hard.

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 06:57:23 PMThis would require modern electronics... it's not a question of weather its a true riding machine :P
Ah, well, then everybody will just end up using the bike that's faster.

If you scrap the electronics, it would require different skills and/or riding styles and it would make the "X class" interesting because not everybody could take advantage of the two stroke's potential.

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 06:57:23 PM

This would require modern electronics... it's not a question of weather its a true riding machine :P

Anyway, after fiddling more (WITH ELECTRONICS :P) i've managed to get better handling by getting the 990 wheels on the bike, it's certainly sorted the lean issue.

When I said to fairly compete I mean top speed down the straights not electronics, we don't want the same characteristics as the modern MotoGP 4 stroke bikes, we want a good 2 stroke characteristic bike were like in the old days it was down to true rider control and skill to keep control of the bike, not a twist and go machine like they are today.  :P

The lean issue will be down to the extra grip of the 990 tyres allowing more angle of lean from the virtual rider. You could achieve the same on the 500 tyres I guess by increasing the grip levels of those tyres too.  ;)

But FFS get rid of those crappy electronic controls.  ;D

Hawk.

Meyer#12

Quote from: Hawk on April 09, 2016, 07:18:48 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 06:57:23 PM

When I said to fairly compete I mean top speed down the straights not electronics, we don't want the same characteristics as the modern MotoGP 4 stroke bikes, we want a good 2 stroke characteristic bike were like in the old days it was down to true rider control and skill to keep control of the bike, not a twist and go machine like they are today.  :P

The lean issue will be down to the extra grip of the 990 tyres allowing more angle of lean from the virtual rider. You could achieve the same on the 500 tyres I guess by increasing the grip levels of those tyres too.  ;)

But FFS get rid of those crappy electronic controls.  ;D

Hawk.

Totally agree Hawk! Electronics is not needed :P
Meyer#12

matty0l215

Its got electronics, until i can sort the swing arm :P

In this configuration, this bike handles okay, its super stable but it struggles to turn quickly (there's plenty of lean now but long swingarm makes it sluggish i think)

matty0l215

Coincidentally, how do you move the swing arm in bikeED, it has a fit every time i try to get it right  :-[

Eagle

April 09, 2016, 07:30:44 PM #29 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 07:34:38 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Quotewe want a good 2 stroke characteristic bike were like in the old days it was down to true rider control and skill to keep control of the bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYIS7fL3Wc

Fun fun fun. ::)