• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Max number of paints ?

Started by HornetMaX, April 09, 2016, 09:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Fiddling around tonight I've found this:

• I start GPB, the current bike is the default 990 (default skin, default helmet and helmet paint, default rider suit paint).
  • If I have 100 paints or less for the 990, then everything goes fine.
  • If I have more than 100 paints for the 990, then as soon as I switch bike to the gp500 category, GPB crashes.
Which paints are in the 100 doesn't seem to matter: whichever paint I add as 101th paint, GPB crashes.

I can't recall exactly but I think somebody reported something similar a while ago.

doubledragoncc

It is not necessarily 100, it depends from person to person. Typical but only for the 990 so far.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Yeh was discussed here from round about HERE but never reported as a Bug as far as I can recall.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

if it crashes gpb its a bug

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

It might not necessarily be a bug, rather a limitation of the games ability to handle large amounts of items. 100 seems to be a file list limit, the same goes for track, if you have more than 100, then some start dispersing.

Also skins wont appear in game if the have move than 31 characters in the file name (not including .pnt as characters)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 09:52:02 PM
It might not necessarily be a bug, rather a limitation of the games ability to handle large amounts of items. 100 seems to be a file list limit, the same goes for track, if you have more than 100, then some start dispersing.

Also skins wont appear in game if the have move than 31 characters in the file name (not including .pnt as characters)
Everything that makes a software crash is a bug (with some minor exceptions, like intentionally crafted inputs).

If it can handle only 100 paints, it should read the 1st 100 and skip the others (eventually printing a warning somewhere). That's a limitation.
Crash because there are > 100 = bug.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 09, 2016, 09:45:23 PM
Yeh was discussed here from round about HERE but never reported as a Bug as far as I can recall.
Yeah but in that discussion there seemed to be one specific paint that was responsible. Definitely not my case. It's just the number (but yes, it could vary from person to person).

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on April 09, 2016, 09:52:02 PM

Everything that makes a software crash is a bug (with some minor exceptions, like intentionally crafted inputs).

If it can handle only 100 paints, it should read the 1st 100 and skip the others (eventually printing a warning somewhere). That's a limitation.
Crash because there are > 100 = bug.

Okay :)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 09, 2016, 10:10:04 PM
Yeah but in that discussion there seemed to be one specific paint that was responsible. Definitely not my case. It's just the number (but yes, it could vary from person to person).

No, if you read it all the same conclusion was found. Just not reported in a bug thread like wot u have dun .
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Thank you for the report.
Bug fixed.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 10, 2016, 12:03:01 AM

Thank you for the report.
Bug fixed.

That was fast. What was the issue?

Also, can any light be shed on the 31 character limit in the file name of paints. (If there are more than 31 characters present, the skin fails to load correctly, either the suit or helemt resets to defualt or the helmet model disapears)

Blackheart

I had already reported this bug months ago ... so not very fast. HERE

doubledragoncc

Yep it was reported as have been others but some get missed!!!

DD

Blackheart

IMO 2 month for fix a easy "bug" is too much... maybe for the rider ejection 4-5 years?  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 09, 2016, 11:50:07 PM
No, if you read it all the same conclusion was found. Just not reported in a bug thread like wot u have dun .

Quote from: Blackheart on April 10, 2016, 12:29:26 AM
I had already reported this bug months ago ... so not very fast. HERE

Oh well, I'll take a double alzheimer on the rocks then :)

Anyway, happy ending I guess.