• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:32:07 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Crashes

Started by doubledragoncc, April 16, 2016, 06:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

April 16, 2016, 06:06:44 PM Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:58:29 PM by doubledragoncc
What point is the netcode if the sim core crashes all the time for no apparent reason and not even for regular reasons as it crashes for a certain track and bike one day then without doing anything it suddenly works for a day then the next day crashes again. I have had this for a week where I changed nothing in GPB, my Windows or my computer, but GPB could not make up its mind to crash or not!!!

Who will buy a product that crashes everytime you change the bike, or track? Stability must be a priority for sales, then your netcode as you can now use it without GPB crashing BEFORE you got to need it!!!

Forget adding SPECIAL scooter or other classes of racing. Get what you have perfect first, it will help later on when you want to include more content. As others have said, you have an army of modders to handle the content, give them a stable platform to work with and content will NEVER be an issue.

Keep in mind, all the other sims you do have already been done and are plentiful on the market, GPB is a FIRST and ONLY road bike true sim that has NOT been done. This point alone is important to the motorcycle gaming community, Big Ben wont make a good product, they have already showed their hand at what they are NOT capable of doing. Who gives a shit if they did a car game that was good, it was a CAR game not a BIKE game!!! They wont come close to you P.

You said the physics were fine?  They still lack certain elements of finalization, but they are usable for a V1 compared to the past beta releases. If the modders can work their magic, and some already have, temporary fixes can be excepted. Only your bike for the demo must be as near perfect to aid sales. Maybe even having your bike and ONE mod bike in the demo would add to sales possibilities? Give new customers a taste of whats to come!!!

Whatever happens and whatever you do, we will be behind you all the way.

DD

EDIT: I nearly forgot one point. Making a TRAINER for GPB would be a very worthwhile thing as it will be attractive to new members who want AI and/or a Ghost as it combines them and is a good compromise. It will also be good for those who have internet connection problems and are put off by the fact GPB is racing online ONLY. It caters for a larger sale group.

EDIT of the EDIT: Could you have multiple trainers at one time? THAT would be a first if they could be from different real riders. It would allow friends to have personal offline competitions too.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Do you have crashes with the default bike and track? B8 seems pretty stable for me

doubledragoncc

April 16, 2016, 08:47:29 PM #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:05:02 PM by doubledragoncc
I have crashes with default and mods. I know what your going to say, but if GPB is going somewhere it MUST have mod bikes and tracks. Do you seriously think I would have stayed with it 6 years with JUST the stock bikes, TRACK, and physics!!!

4 bikes and 1 track for 6 years, seriously and 2 of those are not rideable(125's) due to continuous lowsides.

Of course I get most crshes with mods, BUT using the 990 on a mod track where it crashes before you get on the track because the replay buffer has to be reduced is a PROGRAM error. You cant build a sim to work with only ONE track and nothing else!!! If GPB is going anywhere it MUST have MODS...............Or Piboso must do MORE work to add more content!!!

There IS a stability problem in beta8, it works differently on every computer and seems to be VERY finicky. Its time that people STOPPED saying "My GPB is fine so it must be fine" because not everyone has the same system dude, for ANY software to be saleable it has to work on the MAJORITY of systems not MINORITY!!!

Plain and simple, GPB will not be of much interest to a large sector of possible customers due to such problems. It is the best sim there is, but to be a real contender in the games market it has to have certain qualities. Those are the harsh facts, as much as I wish they were not for Piboso's sake.

I just pray that KRP gets done asap so P can get back on track with GPB, IMO GPB should be the priority as there  are other karts sims already and NO bike sims, but for P it is the other way around. P NEEDS to finish KRP to get the sales before the others do.

Best of luck Piboso, you can do it buddy.

DD

EDIT: I forgot one MAJOR problem that has happened in beta8.

The servers are NOT always recognizing the stock bikes, 990 and varese unless only in the pkz file. I had to install them fresh to fix it.

Best way to check what bike is to make a "Backup" folder in bikes. Put ALL bikes in it and then put back one bike at a time until you get a problem. Then extract that bike as follows.

I actually made a copy of my orginal bikes.pkz, put it in another folder, extracted it into that folder and then put the bikes in the bikes folder and it cured my problem.

Long winded but for some reason it is happening. These are the stock bikes!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Only mentioned because i have noticed that B8 seems a lot more sensitive to gaps at the track edge, i have had a lot of crashes due to this particular problem  :( . You can usually see them in the screen freeze before it return to desktop.

Should really be added to 'bug reports', this seems the best way to get stuff fixed

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on April 16, 2016, 08:58:57 PM
Only mentioned because i have noticed that B8 seems a lot more sensitive to gaps at the track edge, i have had a lot of crashes due to this particular problem  :( . You can usually see them in the screen freeze before it return to desktop.

Should really be added to 'bug reports', this seems the best way to get stuff fixed

Yes.... I fully understand your point there H, it's something I've noticed too for beta 8. This is a known problem for generating core.exe issues and has been reported in the past but a bump of the problem to Piboso wouldn't hurt for sure.  ;)

Unfortunately most of the trackMODS have gaps at the track edges.... They really need sorting out or rebuilding... a massive task at the best of times..... But I know when I do any track updates or work I try to make sure I seal all gaps I can find. But we also need the 3D scene files to be able to sort them out which we have not got for a lot of the tracks unfortunately.  ;)

We need more track modders who can help do the work for the tracks we have files for to bring them up to spec.  I think there is only me who works to update these poor tracks.... We really need more people to join in on the job. :)

Hawk.

h106frp

It does seem an impossible job to do manually, some of the gaps are obviously tiny. Seems more like a task for the track tool to sweep the width of the ride-able area along the length of the track and report discontinuities. If PB was thinking of doing the TT this would be a must have tool.

doubledragoncc

I get a LOT of cores from Holes so will start making a list and then maybe videos to show where. It might help in finding them, like my private loo you removed lol.

DD

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on April 16, 2016, 10:21:48 PM
It does seem an impossible job to do manually, some of the gaps are obviously tiny. Seems more like a task for the track tool to sweep the width of the ride-able area along the length of the track and report discontinuities. If PB was thinking of doing the TT this would be a must have tool.

@H: Actually when creating tracks from scratch and with good modelling and construction practices the chances of getting gaps in the scene model are slim to none..... The problems arise with lazy modelling practices or people use track building applications like BTB or RTB which build terrible meshes which just seem to ask for trouble.  :-\

@DD: Let me know which tracks you plan to examine because I haven't the 3D files for all tracks and I'd hate to think you'd gone to the trouble of examining and creating videos for that reason if I cannot do anything about them bcause I haven't the files to work with. So let me know mate so I can say yey or ney.  ;D

I was wondering if you'd noticed your dump-hole all sealed up! Hehe.
Next update I'll model a Porta-Loo specially for you on that corner. Hehe!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

April 17, 2016, 07:31:39 AM #8 Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:53:59 AM by doubledragoncc
DD get a private loo...........woohoo a gaming first lol

I will do all of the tracks we have raced on this year so far. Even if you have not got files it would be able to show people where problems are to avoid them.

DD

EDIT: Thinking about it, why dont YOU tell ME what tracks you can work on and I can start with those. We should concentrate on the tracks that are used the most and with the least work needed maybe???

doubledragoncc

Holy Gapping vaginas Batman!!!! sorry lol

BUT I just started on Jerez and OMFG.......................

When you ride the outer track edge the WHOLE first corner is a hole, and the 2nd and etc............... There are spots it is okayish but not many. Now when you run off the track or crash, your tyre may not actually TOUCH the very spot as it is in the air slightly and you just crash and respawn, BUT if you physically ride the grass to tarmac line its one big crack.

So to really do any track it would mean following the track edge(to start with) with core crash, restart, ride a bit further, this will take all year for one track not lol.

I think what would be better is if we had more HOLE 'N' CRACK SEARCHERS working in TrackED or whatever it is you use to find the holes and patch them up. This means more people who have to know how to find a crack and fill it (Oh brother, my mind is working over time with the wording hehe) but seriously, its a major task and not fair it is all up to you bro. If you made a GOOD tutorial on whateva programs you use to do this work, I would jump in and help to start with and maybe more would follow. It should be up to us ALL to help each other here.

Let me know what you think.

DD

At least I didnt say "Pussy Hunters" !!!................................oh shit I just did  8)

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 17, 2016, 09:18:50 AM
Holy Gapping vaginas Batman!!!! sorry lol

BUT I just started on Jerez and OMFG.......................

When you ride the outer track edge the WHOLE first corner is a hole, and the 2nd and etc............... There are spots it is okayish but not many. Now when you run off the track or crash, your tyre may not actually TOUCH the very spot as it is in the air slightly and you just crash and respawn, BUT if you physically ride the grass to tarmac line its one big crack.

So to really do any track it would mean following the track edge(to start with) with core crash, restart, ride a bit further, this will take all year for one track not lol.

I think what would be better is if we had more HOLE 'N' CRACK SEARCHERS working in TrackED or whatever it is you use to find the holes and patch them up. This means more people who have to know how to find a crack and fill it (Oh brother, my mind is working over time with the wording hehe) but seriously, its a major task and not fair it is all up to you bro. If you made a GOOD tutorial on whateva programs you use to do this work, I would jump in and help to start with and maybe more would follow. It should be up to us ALL to help each other here.

Let me know what you think.

DD

At least I didnt say "Pussy Hunters" !!!................................oh shit I just did  8)

Indeed it is a massive task to search for and fill all those cracks(Mr Sheene would be in his element! Hehe!  ;D ).

What anyone would need to fix the problems is a 3D app that could import/export an .fbx file(may also need the capability to import a .3ds file as some of the 3D scenes are in the .3ds file format), and at least some experience with using them so that you know your way around the tools of the app.
Then it's just a case of adding verts/edges into the trackside terrain poly's(keeping the topology correct(Tri's/Quads)) and snapping any corresponding trackside terrain verts to the track surface edge verts. Then you may need to create a new UV map of the terrain to correct any distortions created in the terrain map from this process.

You need a lot of patience and to realise it's not a 2 min job. It takes hours of work just to complete one edge of the track(and there are 2 edges to each track). Generally it's not just the track edges that have gaps, you'll also find them in the terrain too which cause Core.exe crashes, so you also have to seal the gaps in the trackside terrain too. On a big job it will take me 2 full days work to complete and it is mind-numbing work doing the same process over and over again for hours, so be warned!  ;)

The ideal solution would be for authors to model the tracks correctly in the first place, but as most are converts from BTB efforts they are generally a mess as far as the 3D mesh is concerned and take a lot of work to bring them up to GPB standards.

But if anyone is interested on working on any tracks that I have the 3D files for then PM me.  ;)

Hawk.