• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:53:03 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Various problems (Solved.)

Started by Alex_094, April 10, 2016, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_094

April 10, 2016, 10:18:12 PM Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:16:06 PM by Alex_094
Hello there and piboso support. I bought the game for playing online with people, but after i did that i noticed that i can't do it. I can't join, will pop up an error which says: Missing bike. Most of the time it gets stuck on Connected screen. Now, i can see 3 servers ingame, but i can't step in, due to getting stucked at that screen.
Thanks for help, i would be very happy because i bought this game with good intentions. Could anyone explain me what am i doing wrong ? I'm confused, i don't really know what i should do to begin an online experience with this game.

h106frp

Hello and welcome Alex,

To join a server you need to have matching tracks and bikes in your local folder to the ones running on the remote server, links to track and bikes databases are in the MODS section.

Please read through the unofficial guide first though - this will explain everything you need to know to get on track.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.0

Hawk

Hi Alex.... Welcome aboard mate!  ;)

Good advice there from h106frp. If you have any further problems after studying the unofficial guide from the link above, or cannot understand something,  then just ask further and we'll try and get you sorted.  :)

Hawk.

Alex_094

April 11, 2016, 12:05:30 AM #3 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:53:51 AM by Alex_094
Hi guys and thank you both for helping me. I gave a look to that page, and now i'm surely less confused, but still not completely without doubts.
Okay in short words:

To see a server in list, i need the same track which the server has, i did that and now i can see the servers.
To join in, i need the same bikes aswell.
How do i know what kind of bikes the server has? When the CAT says OPEN, i can step in even without modded bikes? And, the modded bikes for older versions will work in this one?
Because i downloaded the bike mod revived, i dragged and dropped all bikes folders into bikes in the game directory, but i can't see them. Thanks again for help i'm really appreciating it!

Hawk

Quote from: Alex_094 on April 11, 2016, 12:05:30 AM
Hi guys and thank you both for helping me. I gave a look to that page, and now i'm surely less confused, but still not completely.
Okay in short words:

To see a server in list, i need the same track which the server has, i did that and now i can see the servers.
To join in, i need the same bikes aswell.
How do i know what kind of bikes the server has? When the CAT says OPEN, i can step in even without modded bikes? And, the modded bikes for older versions will work in this one?
Because i downloaded the bike mod revived, i dragged and dropped all bikes folders into bikes in the game directory, but i can't see them. Thanks again for help i'm really appreciating it!

Yes... That "BikeMOD Revived" thread is obviously very confusing to new members of the community and really needs deleting as it's the old bike database.

Okay. The only Bike MOD Database you want to download Bike MODS from is from the forum thread name: "Bike MOD". Matty is the BikeMOD Database Administrator and keeps it updated.
Here is the direct link to that thread: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2626.0

So delete all the bikes you installed from the "BikeMOD Revived" forum thread; they are old bikes and won't work properly, if at all, in GPB beta 8.

Download and install all the bikes from the "Bike MOD" database. You need all the bikes in the database installed to be able to connect successfully to the online servers. All main online servers use this database, so this is the only reliable source you should really use to download the bikeMODS if you want to continue connecting to the online servers successfully.  ;)

Seems you already realise that to see and connect to the online servers you need the same track and same version that the online server is using. The Track Downloads Database is the place to download the latest track versions that the online servers use. You've probably already found the forum thread for that already, but here is the link just in case you have not: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=45.0

That should sort you out. If you still have problems after installing all the correct bike MODS then get back to us here and we'll try and help you further.  ;)

There maybe a couple of other BikeMOD links you may need, so if you have further problems with the "Missing Bike" server message then post again here for help and we'll point you in the right direction.  ;)

Hawk
PS: Bike MOD authors please take note! :)

Alex_094

April 11, 2016, 02:40:33 AM #5 Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:24:51 PM by Alex_094
I can't believe it but your answer was perfect and well detailed, i got it work!!! I'm currently playing, i downloaded the bikedata base and the track! One last question and then i won't bother you anymore mate! Is normal that the lastest bike database (1.60) contains only one MOTO GP 2015 ducati bike? Thanks again for your help mate!!! See you on road someday  :)

Warlock

Quote from: Alex_094 on April 11, 2016, 02:40:33 AM
Is normal that the lastest bike database (1.60) contains only one MOTO GP 2015 ducati bike? Thanks again for your help mate!!! See you on road someday  :)

It is, because most mods haven't yet being modified to fit the new GPB beta8 version, will take some time   ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Alex_094 on April 11, 2016, 02:40:33 AM
I can't believe it but your answer was perfect and well detailed, i got it work!!! I'm currently playing, i downloaded the bikedata base and the track! One last question and then i'll not bother you anymore mate! Is normal that the lastest bike database (1.60) contains only one MOTO GP 2015 ducati bike? Thanks again for your help mate!!! See you on road someday  :)

No problem mate... Really happy you got it all sorted out....

We usually hold race events each weekend... We didn't this weekend because it clashed with the live MotoGP on TV, but when you feel your ready it would be great to see you join the GPBOC events and enjoy the online racing with us all.  ;D

See you on track mate!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Sorry for the confusion Alex. I have previosuly asked for the old post to be removed (i cant remeber the reason it hasnt been) but i can assure you at least 5 new bikes are being added this week (the rest of the factory moto gp bikes and 2 500cc bikes) and other bikes are being planned by other modders in the near future.

Hope this help?

If you have any otber questions feel free to ask

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Alex_094

April 11, 2016, 12:35:37 PM #9 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:37:59 PM by Alex_094
Quote from: Warlock on April 11, 2016, 04:29:27 AM
It is, because most mods haven't yet being modified to fit the new GPB beta8 version, will take some time   ;)

Thank you for removing that doubt in my mind, mate. I was wondering if it was a my problem that i can see only one bike inside the zip, or was normal, thanks again!  :)

Quote from: Hawk on April 11, 2016, 08:39:31 AM
No problem mate... Really happy you got it all sorted out....

We usually hold race events each weekend... We didn't this weekend because it clashed with the live MotoGP on TV, but when you feel your ready it would be great to see you join the GPBOC events and enjoy the online racing with us all.  ;D

It would be awesome join with you, guys! You really helped me a lot, already at the beginning of my experience with this game i noticed that has a great community!  ;D

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 11, 2016, 09:00:24 AM
Sorry for the confusion Alex. I have previosuly asked for the old post to be removed (i cant remeber the reason it hasnt been) but i can assure you at least 5 new bikes are being added this week (the rest of the factory moto gp bikes and 2 500cc bikes) and other bikes are being planned by other modders in the near future.

Hi matty. I can see how you worked and how you still working hard to keep updated the database, you shouldn't say sorry 'cause as a new member, i didn't know these things, but you guys were totally clear and detailed and now i can join servers!
The problem is totally solved, at the moment! Good luck to all of you!

Alex

Blackheart

GPB has one of the best community, wellcome!  ;D

Alex_094

Quote from: Blackheart on April 11, 2016, 12:38:08 PM

Thank you Blackheart  :)

Meyer#12

Quote from: Alex_094 on April 11, 2016, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: Blackheart on April 11, 2016, 12:38:08 PM

Thank you Blackheart  :)

We sure do! and Welcome to the community, keep a good eye out for the Owners club posts, that is where you will see the races at the moment :)
Meyer#12

Alex_094

Thank you Meyer for that info. And thanks for the welcome  :)