• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:15:25 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Speaking of tank slappers...

Started by davidboda46, April 12, 2016, 12:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

@Warlock: look at the 1st video above (first 3 seconds). Is the head shaking ? :)

Napalm Nick

Nice articles to read, I have had a few experiences of this on the highway and it is never nice.

So the way ahead for Beta 8 is to introduce another button which can be used to "lessen the grip on the bars" and this game breaking problem will be sorted. 
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 08:07:31 AM
So the way ahead for Beta 8 is to introduce another button which can be used to "lessen the grip on the bars" and this game breaking problem will be sorted. 
Err, a bit over-optimistic here man :)

doubledragoncc

If the ERROR was fix you wont need a fucking button!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 12, 2016, 08:17:54 AM
If the ERROR was fix you wont need a fucking button!!!
DD there's no error: real bikes do have tankslappers (see videos above).
We may argue that in GPB they are a bit too frequent, of course, but there's no error/bug to speak of.

Napalm Nick

April 12, 2016, 08:24:34 AM #6 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:37:27 AM by Napalm Nick
LOL!

But it s NOT an error! It is a replication of what happens IRL. PiBoSo has NAILED it!  OK so maybe it happens a little too often (like the runaway bike) but that is just testament to just how close to perfect the physics is. "Lessen the grip button" and we are at V1.0, man.

I seem to be wearing my most optimistic head ever today! Its gonna be a great day, nobody better ruin it. ;D

Edit: Max beat me too it!  Hahahaa get yer optimistic head on DD join us up here in the clouds

Edit 2 : joi spello
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

@Nap: I'm not sure the "lessen the grip" stuff is a practical solution. All we need is a properly tuned bike physics and an accordingly properly tuned virtual rider.

doubledragoncc

DUDE really, In over 36 years as a professional medical rider and mechanic for Honda and Suzuki and custom building bikes, I have NEVER got on a bike that slaps like it does in GPB, that IS an error mate, ask any tech and they will say the same. The places and the amount it happens is WRONG, wrong means it is an ERROR.............POINT.

Sorry but it is a FACT not an illusion or figment of my imagination. It is totally unrealistic and fucks the sim up, plain and simple.

Matty's V750X does it far less in default than other bikes btw, so it can be fixed better than having yet another button to do something I should not have to do!!!

ERROR plain and simple

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

April 12, 2016, 08:31:49 AM #9 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:36:04 AM by Napalm Nick
OMG this needs to go down in print as a classic example of how 'Irony is often lost on a forum'.

Edit: And just so everyone is clear I hate this bug so much that Beta 8 is sucking the life out of my enthusiasm for the game.

There you go. It's out there.

Optimistic and hopeful head swapped for pessimistic and deflated head. Good job.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 12, 2016, 08:28:22 AM
@Nap: I'm not sure the "lessen the grip" stuff is a practical solution. All we need is a properly tuned bike physics and an accordingly properly tuned virtual rider.

+1 Max.  ;)

The green is possible by bikeMOD physics guys, the red as far as I know is still impossible to a large extent apart from adjusting the riders initial centre of gravity on the bike, at least I think it's the initial rider CofG?
But yes, I agree with Max on this one that the solution is better tuned bike physics and rider. One is absolutely possible, the other I'm not sure about.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on April 12, 2016, 10:10:45 AM

+1 Max.  ;)

The green is possible by bikeMOD physics guys, the red as far as I know is still impossible to a large extent apart from adjusting the riders initial centre of gravity on the bike, at least I think it's the initial rider CofG?
But yes, I agree with Max on this one that the solution is better tuned bike physics and rider. One is absolutely possible, the other I'm not sure about.  :)

Hawk.

Red: I am sure it will be by our lovely ace modders but as yet there are NO examples of this and it needs to be done by the DEVELOPER. What is the point of modders 'fixing it' so that when the Developer fixes it they have to change everything again to match it back up because it is now over-compensated for?
The only benefit of this is that we (the loyal long suffering fans) can get a decent bike to ride now rather than whenever the GPB development plan is picked up again. Hmmm did I just answer myself?

Purple  Max is right does anyone really think different?. As a result of my Ironic 'extra button' post being believed by the majority it seems, I am re-evaluating what I post here or at least how I post it lol.

"Irony is the lowest form of wit" - which explains why most people don't get it (they are too intelligent).  ;)

On a plus side Hawk, you have made quoting other people using colours a significant improvement on the way forum business is done! You should patent that ASAP ;D

davidboda46

Maybe we just need a forum button for irony?

Cheers,

David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 10:31:48 AM
Quote from: Hawk on April 12, 2016, 10:10:45 AM

+1 Max.  ;)

Hawk.

Red: I am sure it will be by our lovely ace modders but as yet there are NO examples of this and it needs to be done by the DEVELOPER. What is the point of modders 'fixing it' so that when the Developer fixes it they have to change everything again to match it back up because it is now over-compensated for?
The only benefit of this is that we (the loyal long suffering fans) can get a decent bike to ride now rather than whenever the GPB development plan is picked up again. Hmmm did I just answer myself?

Purple  Max is right does anyone really think different?. As a result of my Ironic 'extra button' post being believed by the majority it seems, I am re-evaluating what I post here or at least how I post it lol.

"Irony is the lowest form of wit" - which explains why most people don't get it (they are too intelligent).  ;)

On a plus side Hawk, you have made quoting other people using colours a significant improvement on the way forum business is done! You should patent that ASAP ;D

Colour quoting: Lol....Just thought it would pinpoint the particular phrase of a quote I'm specifically talking about simply and clearly. Hehe. But I like the improvement of what you have done there by categorising the colour being talked about into a paragraph header.... Nice addition... I like it!  ;D 8)

I'm sure from some of our team tests in the past we have had bikes with absolutely no wobble at all(which isn't a good thing in certain conditions as it's not reality, likewise too much wobbling isn't reality either. Lol)...... It would be good to hear C21 or Alone's opinion on this subject to explain further.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 12, 2016, 10:31:48 AM

I didn't get it your proposal was 100% ironic, but that at least proves that the irony was subtle and not blatant, which is a good point for you.

On top, your proposal is not 100% dumb: if we had a button to tell the virtual rider "wow, take it easy here with the handlebars", that could be a nice experiment. You could be able to enter tank-slap territory and ride through it like a boss. Pure fun.

I don't think it's practical (unless I can get an extra arm and hand implanted on me) nor particularly easy to code. That last point (not easy to code) could be worth further thoughts: lowering the virtual rider gains (via the button) should give a "softer" virtual rider, something that could (*could*) let you survive the tank-slapper.

Bottom line: Nap, your irony was good. So good it caught me off. But partially because the ironic proposal was far from totally dumb. I'm not going as far as stating that "you've been involuntarily smart", I'll leave it at "you've been smart"  :)

About tuning the virtual rider: it's a real pain, as we have to go by trial and error. Proper methods to tune it are far to complex for 99.9% of the population.