• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:42:14 PM

Honda NR750 v. 1.0

Started by Blackheart, April 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Thanks Blacky, good work ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

Thanks a lot Blacky

Servers being updated too guys.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

July 19, 2016, 06:18:04 PM #287 Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:20:48 PM by Blackheart
I forgot to update the link in the first post with version 1.0.  :P

Download: Honda NR750 v. 1.0

Template NR750: Template

doubledragoncc

But is that the same as the bike link on page 19 as that is what I have on the servers and in my GPB?

Rides great bro love it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Eagle

More realistic. I approve.

So, there is nothing to do for the engine brake ?

Blackheart

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on July 19, 2016, 06:35:12 PM
More realistic. I approve.

So, there is nothing to do for the engine brake ?

The default EB (3) for me is perfect, and usually I hate it  :P

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 19, 2016, 06:33:17 PM
But is that the same as the bike link on page 19 as that is what I have on the servers and in my GPB?

Rides great bro love it.

DD

Yep same link

Blackheart

Information: The current template is bad, too low res for good results (2048x1024) :-[

I am preparing a new livery 4096x2048, so it will soon be released also the new template.  :P

Eagle

Aren't images that big memory costly ? Won't it compromise the core stability ? I am surprised it isn't enough.

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on July 20, 2016, 02:43:22 PM
Aren't images that big memory costly ? Won't it compromise the core stability ? I am surprised it isn't enough.

I'd have thought 2048X2048 would've been plenty enough resolution myself?  :)

Hawk.

Blackheart

July 20, 2016, 04:07:54 PM #295 Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:14:53 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on July 20, 2016, 02:43:22 PM

There is no connection between cores and textures ... the default livery is 4096x2048 and the bike has already been tested in a race with many users, (10/15?) I do not remember any core.exe  :P

I meant that making a new skin for this bike, I noticed too low quality with half res. So also the template need a upscaling.

Eagle

July 20, 2016, 06:00:48 PM #296 Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:23:11 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
QuoteThere is no connection between cores and textures ... the default livery is 4096x2048 and the bike has already been tested in a race with many users, (10/15?) I do not remember any core.exe  :P

I meant that making a new skin for this bike, I noticed too low quality with half res. So also the template need a upscaling.
I wasn't referring to the common, fatal, unhandled exceptions but the system 'core' stability and performances. I am personally used to see 1024 (mostly square) images with a very detailed/on point render; 2048 in extreme cases. I am afraid this template needlessly uses a tremendous amount of memory; which might be too much for lower-end configurations (RAM/VRAM). Just saying.

Blackheart

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on July 20, 2016, 06:00:48 PM
QuoteThere is no connection between cores and textures ... the default livery is 4096x2048 and the bike has already been tested in a race with many users, (10/15?) I do not remember any core.exe  :P

I wasn't referring to the common, fatal, unhandled exceptions but the system 'core' stability and performances. I am personally used to see 1024 (mostly square) images with a very detailed/on point render; 2048 in extreme cases. I am afraid this template needlessly uses a tremendous amount of memory; which might be too much for lower-end configurations (RAM/VRAM). Just saying.

Tremendous... really?  ;D

My tests are with a very old laptop...

If you want to do a simple test, load my bike in the main menu and later try with a motogp bike, and tell me which is loaded before (The polygons count is almost identical)... I think I know what I do, but thank you anyway  ::)

Blackheart

Totally agree with H

I use just a texture 4096x2048 being lazy because I never grouped the individual elements in a 2048x2048 texture. It is not recommended to do this, but it does not create problems.

Eagle

July 20, 2016, 08:13:03 PM #299 Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:14:50 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
QuoteModern graphics cards will not be very troubled by anything in GPB. If you are using very old hardware you should turn down your graphic options or force low performance modes in the game launcher.
Modern doesn't especially mean decent. Also, it depends on what you call 'modern'. I don't think my computer is that old, but it sure has quite cheap components. Only certain maps are a problem, though.
QuoteFor reference the rider helmet alone has a 2048*1024 texture and the rider suit is 2048*2048
Seems pretty detailed for such small objects; the most surprising being the helmet (even lesser surface/more compact).
QuoteI am suspicious as to how GPB handles models/textures, it seems big highly textured models can be made to load faster than simpler models and it seems to be dependent on how the model and textures are arranged rather than their size - you can observe it when switching in the showroom and when loading models in bikeED - not sure why.
That is kind of unusual, and odd (at least to me). If you split your textures in a set of smaller images, it should theoretically load faster and handle better in plus of keeping the same quality. Is there any information about the renderer ? It's version ? It's language ? What data does the EDF format store exactly ?
QuoteThe biggest hit/game processing load is definitely the current track view, the lack of track LODs means peak loads vary wildly depending on view (even without other bikes on track), LODs would help to average the graphical workload.
Could explain certain maps not suited for my current configuration.
QuoteTotally agree with H

I use just a texture 4096x2048 being lazy because I never grouped the individual elements in a 2048x2048 texture. It is not recommended to do this, but it does not create problems
The only thing I would have to say about this is don't oversight critical details and think of the worst possible situation when it comes to optimizations. It's just about being careful and serious, not any reproach or something offensive (at least not meant). I am just a little concerned about certain of your decisions/how you look at certain things. The rest is good to me, I really think it.