• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Front suspension preload settings: min vs max

Started by ptrshpt, May 03, 2016, 04:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Pretty much it, having to guess at setting up the bikes is really spoiling the sim for me at the moment   :(

doubledragoncc

Well you need to study what the differences are between A1 and A3.

I was chatting on teamspeak with Kerazo as he was on the A1 and you were on the A3 and I could see that the A1 was far smoother in motion. Kerazo agrees it is far better to ride than the A3 and he is a really good rider in GPB.

I will have a think about a way to help see visually how the bike is with different setting. The biggest problem is knowing how Pib has it all corresponding to real life to do it right.

If I remember right Kerazo was using 15% DL btw

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Thats the problem A3 has a more technically correct suspension arrangement, but i don not have the tools to debug why it does not perform better. At the moment i am using 'classic suspension' as it does not appear possible to invert any of the linkage types to suit the Ducati (bikeEd crashes). So i suspect that losing the rocker linkage is making it impossible to get a correct rear wheel curve/leverage ration causing the bike to sit lower than it should for a given rear spring rate. To prevent the rear collapsing and the front being unloaded you can then only move the CofG forward to balance the suspension loads. NB my bike is not the only one i have viewed in BikeED that attempts to solve the problem this way  ;)

doubledragoncc

If Pib has written GPB mainly for modern race bikes then I am sure there are some limitations to modding and guess compromises will have to be made.

It is better to have a bike that rides than one that is EXACTLY true to its design but not use able in GPB.

I am sure you will get it right mate. Great work so dont give up lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on June 04, 2016, 12:53:36 AM
With the aid of a post it note i checked that no matter what pre-load i add the suspension bar is in the same place in the max hud display.

This is correct.
Given a fixed weight, a spring will always compress the same, regardless of preload, unless the weight is lower than preload.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".