• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:10:26 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Server feedback and wishlist

Started by dibu, December 20, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

only two words, thanks dibu.
i agree with all post here, only one thing, some tracks, as good as they are, are not finished yet, i think it's not a good idea to add it on a server until finished.

dibu

Quote from: janaucarre on January 15, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
i agree with all post here, only one thing, some tracks, as good as they are, are not finished yet, i think it's not a good idea to add it on a server until finished.
Hi janaucarre, which tracks do you mean? Monzabike, Mugello? No problem, I can respect it when I change tracks next Sunday.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on January 15, 2014, 05:42:22 PM

I'd qualify that, with all due respect janaucarre, by saying that so long as the author doesn't mind a track being put on the server before it's finished, then why not? There are SO few good tracks around that to ride even an unfinished track with a good riding track surface is a good thing at this time. If there were plenty of good finished tracks to choose from then I'd totally agree with you, janaucarre; but right now we need all the encouragement we can get to get people racing online, and cutting out good rideable tracks from the online servers, even though they may not be finished is, I believe, a mistake. 
There is also the case that the author will get good feedback from people riding on the tracks. I for one would promote dibu to put a track on his servers that I'd created, even if it was unfinished.

The eye candy of a good quality completely finished track is great, but for me the most important thing is the actual  track surface, and if there is a track with a good track surface then I would hope I could race online using that track, finished or not, simply because there is a huge shortage of good track surfaces to race on at this time. :)

Janaucarre, I hope I changed your mind? Probably not, but it was worth a try. Hehe ;) ;D 8)

RBp

What ever happened to the hotlap server? 

dibu

Quote from: RBp on March 10, 2014, 09:00:30 AM
What ever happened to the hotlap server?
I've simply too much to work for business atm. Give me some more weeks and the biggest part of my projects should be done. Then I'll hopefully have more time again.

The Hotlap server is quite time consuming because you have to do a lot of things manually. It's an early beta and developement has stopped because random (the author of the Hotlap system) left the forum.

janaucarre

I think the same thing about not finished track, the most importaant thing for me is the riding surfaces, but a not finished track, sometimes, needs to be rescale and the marshalls the cameras needs to be remade and its a lot of work( i make often two or three times the same things). Why i choose to not post a not finished track:
First: i think i have posted many unfinished track( reason: the unknown skills, the problem with texturing(yet now: some good in 3dsmax and not in right scale ingame or rotate by 90 degrees???)
Second: We have had a discussion on that point in the french forum, the result is that i note most people prefer a finished track than a non, even on server of dibu or/and in stat page.
If many people ask to post a nonfinished track, i can post it, but most of time only 1 or 3 persons, ask for a preview.
I will create a post in this forum relevant to this discussion.