• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:14:56 PM

We need an Harley !!

Started by HornetMaX, May 13, 2016, 01:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I have custom built Harley's professionally for over 25 years now and never had a problem like that with a CUSTOM bike but the big FLH series is shit, well TBO anything with Harley on it is technically. Although Porsche stepped in for the motor, the chassis design is typical American al la Mustang solid rear axle until 2011!!!! or was it 2012, well anyways the technical design is not good. I have built some custom bikes I HATED because of how the customer wanted it but thats life. In reality there is a lot of dangerous shit out there. On reason I refused to do the Discovery channel show in 2005 was because it involved the Tuttles from OCC and they are just fat headed ass wipes. A year later they nearly killed a father and son with a frame on one of their bikes that cracked. BS and money got them out of it but they just dont really care about the bikes and the customer, its all about the money. THEY destroyed the industry with BS!!!!

Harley's can be made to ride great, I have done many that rode just as good as a lot of Jap stuff, its all in geometry and materials plus good parts.!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

thats wobble3zero if ever I saw it. :o

So beta 8 is a pretty accurate Harley simulator. Rock on.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

25 mph and those injuries?? fuck man

HornetMaX

If he went down a ravine, it's very possible.

teeds

Good ole' Hardley Driveables  ;D

BOBR6 84

Nasty.. wouldn't surprise me if it's down to all the weight some of these harley's have over the rear.. and the tyre profiles these bikes run.. (square lol) 

doubledragoncc

Harley tyres are actually good ones these days.

I mainly used Metzeler 880 as they had 0 inflation at speed.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

yeah good tyres but rarely round like sports bike tyres.. it's like doing lots of motorway miles and ending up with a flatspot in the middle of the tyre  :D with a flatspot the bike gets unstable in corners, feels horrible  ;D never ridden a harley so no idea what they feel like tho..

i guy i know has a custom chopper, hard tail, ( hurts his back he says  ;D) He crashed once on the way to a rally.. his hands went numb because of the high bars, pulled onto slip road after miles on the mway, went for the brakes.... nothing  ;D

doubledragoncc

Thats the biggest problem, most people have never ridden a very good custom Harley. I used to design my own frames wheels the lot and built the bikes from the ground up. You would not believe the quality technical parts you can get for a custom Harley. You name most after market race suspension and brakes and I used most on Harley StreetFighters I made. I practically never used a part with the name Harley D on it lol. The motor block and tranny box, but with custom internals from race heritage manufacturers, same for intake be it carbs or injection. You will look at a custom Harley and think thats all it is but a lot of them are £40,000 plus worth of pure high quality components on 2 wheels. just look like an HD is all

DD

BOBR6 84

Nice! I do like alot of HD bikes and choppers, bobbers etc some people do amazing custom jobbies, Can't help but stop and stare at them  8)

doubledragoncc

Yep and people dont appreciate the work that goes into them. Just the design of the Smooth Santana bike took me weeks to get right but were worth it and then the only set like it in the world with matching rotors and sprotor. Same with Devilish.

Example of Smooth's wheels

Example of Devilish's wheels

And just those 2 sets of wheels were weeks of work and totally my design but did cost over £12,000 for the lot  8)

I miss the life, maybe one day I will do it again.

DD