• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:40:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Look back

Started by HornetMaX, May 13, 2016, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

While riding in 1st person view, when one looks left/right the camera gently turn left/right, that's good.
But when one looks back, the camera instantly switches to the back view.

Would it be possible to have it do something like when looking left/right (i.e. gently turning back) instead ?

Also, it shouldn't look "fully back" (180deg with respect to the forward direction), but something less.
In fact I'd be much in favor of the following: no look-back button at all, just look left and look right buttons.
The more you hold the look left button down, the more the head turns left (up to a max of, let's say 90-120 deg, or whatever makes sense).

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

I would agree especially as I use head-look on analogue and looking right around to the rear would be great.

I can understand it would be good for button pushers too.

+1

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

You could emulate headtracking by assigning the look to an analogue thumbpad and selecting joystick mode

Napalm Nick

Quote from: h106frp on May 13, 2016, 12:16:52 PM
You could emulate headtracking by assigning the look to an analogue thumbpad and selecting joystick mode

So switch Freelook on and Joystick mode and my analogue head look thumbpad will work like EDT? I will have to try that thanks H. Interesting.

Still need Maxs idea for button boys I guess.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Should do, EDTracker only emulates a normal joystick. You could use an external joystick mapper, i think MaX linked a few somewhere, to get a better response curve, linear might be a bit too slow for look behind/forward.

Napalm Nick

Tried it but he just looks in the air and the thumbstick is ignored. Never mind !