• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:21:05 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Tribute | Ducati 916 1994

Started by PeterV, May 14, 2016, 10:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

May 15, 2016, 08:08:54 PM #45 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:25:55 PM by PeterV
@ nurb

We where driving a dynamic track surface which is very problematic too say the least.
Drivers from outside Europe (say ping above a 100) will begin lagging, i saw that with you as well
you retired from session way later then us and you did not respond too chat at all (from qualifying session onwards).
So its not you're problem but the darn Game itself.

So i would advice to join race swhich use none dynamic tracks only, we call them .NDS tracks.
that is way more stable no big problems on them other then the dreaded core.exe.

As for getting to the start position when the race starts (sighting lap, warmup lap...dont drive out of the pits, just click on get to track.
you will be positioned at youre grid location.

Better luck next time, we have been there all many many times  ;)

Blackheart

Fun race, unfortunately I rode badly, but the bike is already very good (need only more front stability and less EB) the track is fast and easy  ;D

h106frp

Ended up watching from the pits - someone chatted about someone not in box, i could see a lot of space to the white line, nudged forward and got bounced out - i will know better next time. Great race, some guys just seem to get on with the bike despite the engine braking - some quality riding.

Noticed a few things;
Fix engine braking based of feedback
LODs are a must and i have some idea of where i can lose detail without it being noticed now. Noticed quite a frame drop on the grid, about 10 fps per bike with everyone in view
Some replay camera tweaks to do

The game does some odd things, noticed the wheel above the track thing is rider dependent - don't know why - check pictures

Bike looks cool though

Frame rate hit  :(  Lots of bikes and long view of track model

Grooveskis hover bike?

Looking forward to feedback, thanks for the test run  :)

nuovaic

May 15, 2016, 08:34:51 PM #48 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:46:32 PM by nuovaic
Great race tonight, thanks to all and esp PeterVee for hosting.
Had a slow start, then caught up with Blacky and Teeds, only for them both to go down same corner (oil?) then it was a question of staying ahead, keeping an eye on Teeds and Blackheart, both closing in. 15 laps went by too quick :( But I'm not complaining :)

Bike was ace H, really love it.Never ridden a 916, but I get the feeling it's pretty close. EB a little bit much and tyre grip probably more than reality, but handles nicely.

PeterV

May 15, 2016, 08:41:50 PM #49 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:46:07 PM by PeterV
Tribute | Ducati 916 Results and Replay
(available for 7 days, until 22 may 2016)

congrats too the podium.  Well done all.

1. Nuovaic #53
2. Teeds #70
3. Blackheart #58

PeterV

Quote from: nuovaic on May 15, 2016, 08:34:51 PM
Bike was ace H, really love it.Never ridden a 916, but I get the feeling it's pretty close. EB a little bit much and tyre grip probably more than reality, but handles nicely.

I agree with this as well, not much more too add really, handles very well, some minor wobbles sometimes but not a biggy.

PeterV

For the streaming service.....

I did not notice one thing when you where streaming DD, looked fine too me you're ping was around 60 i believe.
How did it go at you're end?

Hawk

May 15, 2016, 09:02:26 PM #52 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:06:37 PM by Hawk
Firstly, congrats to the winner Nuovaic! Well done mate..... Also to Teeds and Blacky for 2nd and 3rd respectively. Well done guys all!!  ;D 8)

The bike handles pretty well, except for the EB being way too strong when changing down gears, the wobble problem and I noticed the clutch disengaging totally when coming into the last chicane before the start finish straight(was that due to me implementing Warlocks sound mod? Not sure to be honest?).  :)

Overall once I'd adapted my riding so as not to change down gears in corners and to make sure I was in the correct gear for the corner way before I started to peel into the corner to give the EB time to relax then I was reasonably comfortable, but the EB did catch me out on several occasions causing me to crash...... But I really enjoyed riding the bike H, and once you've sorted those issues out it's going to be a blinder mate!  ;D

As far as fps dropping? Personally I didn't see or feel any affect from that at all so, personally speaking, I wouldn't worry too much about dropping detail in the model.  :)

Why we dropped the laps to 18 from 24 I don't know? I thought the track was stable myself, no cores at all. Was there history of problems during practice Peter?  :)

As far as live streaming affecting anything.... Well I totally forgot DD was there live streaming to be honest so that shows that the live streaming doesn't have any adverse affects whatsoever as far as I'm concerned..... I don't know the outcome of the live stream yet, but I'd also like to say a big thank you to DD for doing it all and I hope everything went well mate!  ;D 8)

Lastly thank you to Peter for hosting a great event... takes me back mate, it was fun! Well done!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS: Is the live stream uploading DD? I can't wait to watch the live stream replay! ;D 8)

Blackheart

In the session before we have had dozens of cores, more laps = more risk of crashes  :-\

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on May 15, 2016, 09:05:32 PM
In the session before we have had dozens of cores, more laps = more risk of crashes  :-\

Yeah these dynamic tracks are a real pain for instability..... I love Donington, but we should really stick with NDS tracks so we can do the longer lap races with no probs.  ;) 8)
Having said that.... I don't think anyone had a core.exe crash did they?  :-\

Hawk.

Warlock

Quote from: Hawk on May 15, 2016, 09:02:26 PM

The bike handles pretty well, except for the EB being way too strong when changing down gears, the wobble problem and I noticed the clutch disengaging totally when coming into the last chicane before the start finish straight(was that due to me implementing Warlocks sound mod? Not sure to be honest?).  :)

That could be, ill check it out  ;)

I didn't notice any fps drop H, was fine for me.

h106frp

I can do 1 LOD real easy, just remove a lot of the small details, nut, bolts, clips etc - very little work involved and a reasonable reduction in geometry.

The tyre grip is an odd one,the parameters are stock so they should seem familiar with just width and diameter adjusted to suit road size rims - i guessed race rubber is race rubber and best to introduce a road set as an extra alternative to avoid messing the races up. Power delivery is crude with no TC or EB so i guess the model geometry is just easy on tyre loading for some reason

Guess modelling a bike that needed a steering damper from the factory was bound to cause some issues but it seems generally the model is quite rewarding to ride - just need more predictability with the engine braking.

Wish we could get a decent Donnington - its easy to learn with distinctive turns, some elevation changes and a flowing layout - apparently even nicer before the introduction of the loop section behind the pits - that last chicane is a bit of a killer in this model  ;)

Grooveski

May 15, 2016, 10:13:28 PM #57 Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:15:51 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: h106frp on May 15, 2016, 08:32:50 PMGrooveskis hover bike?

Did make some sweeping changes to the standard setup first time out.  Zero'd out the the ride height at one point - perhaps something to do with that.
Here's the setup if you want to try it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/veho213ylkxyxsu/1.stp?dl=0

Congratulations Nouvaic!
...again.  You've been doing pretty well recently.  :)

After being one of the jumpers on the second start I overdone it on the caution and got my usual awful affair on the third.  Remember seeing a few downed bikes in the early laps but was still surprised when the track cleared to be sitting in fourth.  Was off the pace so fully expected folk to be catching me up but it was the penultimate lap before I heard the drone of Hawk's bike behind me.
Grrr.
:)
Had a brief but entertaining run-in with Matty mid race - other than that was a lonely race.
Near kacked myself at one point - looked back going along the straight and hit the bump at just the same time.  Was quite impressive how much my body reacted to the fright of the surprise wheelie.  Vertigo gut, goosebumps, heart thumping - wasn't far removed from what happens when I get a fright on the road.

...but I didn't fall off and didn't get lapped.  :D  That's been my goal since I started playing a few months ago so it's happy days here.

Quote from: h106frp on May 15, 2016, 08:32:50 PMLooking forward to feedback, thanks for the test run  :)

I got a little fps drop in the first couple of laps but I usually kill reflections and shaders for the race and forgot this time.
...so it's hard to say how it compared to other bikes.
Wasn't bad - but was noticable.

Sure is a pretty wee thing.   :)

BOBR6 84

Bike feels good, engine braking caught me out at first but changeing the gearing slightly and being gentle with the clutch sorts that out  ;) its fine shifting down to 3rd.. Then slip it into 2nd at last minute works. good feeling of a road bike.. I Like all the adjustment available in the setup, definitely make the bike handle better/worse with all the settings. Different engine maps are cool too. Nice job!

(aand wrong thread sorry  :D)

doubledragoncc

Sorry guys had personal problems in the house, plus CDX turned up as pre race started and then youboob did NOT make a copy of the stream. It was poo by the way.

SORRY

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.