• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:51 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Standalone fbx2efd help with appending to file

Started by h106frp, May 19, 2016, 12:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

@PiBoso

In the only example i have found for the correct use the converter (plugin) it uses a script export_script.ini to append the component bike parts to the bike.edf with keys for each part used later in referencing the model parts in the .hrc and gfx.cfg file.

In the standalone converter how do i emulate this behavior to correctly construct the bike.edf files? I cannot see any append options or ability to run a similar script.

Is it even possible to build a correctly constructed bike file using the standalone converter or is it only possible using the plug-in?

A simple yes/no to the last question will save me a lot of wasted time

Thank you

PiBoSo

The first box in FBX2EDF can be used to set a script.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

h106frp

:)

Thank you PB, it caught me out because it only has a file drop down filter for .fbx

I assume if i type the path to a .ini it will start to parse that file in the same way as the plugin converter?

Time to build some 'proper' bike files  8)

Thanks.....

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

@PB

I tried script variations based on the example i had for the plugin but i cannot get the converter to process any files.

The info window indicates that a script has been detected but then just exits with a blank filename edf generated.

Could you post an example reference script to gives some clues to the correct syntax.

Thank you.