• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:57:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Reduction in Graphics quality in Online play

Started by Napalm Nick, May 24, 2016, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I have modded my laptop so it can cool from the bottom as well so that I can overclock her and keep her real cool to make thing look a bit better and my fps on siverstone was around 135-140 but then it just dropped to 95!!!

Not normal for me to have such a drop even with lots of riders.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PeterV

Napalm Nick

I have to go "off grid" for a while see you on the flip side
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I forgot to update the server Peter it is up now mate sorry

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

@People experiencing frame rate drops when online with many players: if it happens systematically, can you try with my plugin switched off (if you were using it) ?
Just rename the "MaxHUD.dlo" to "MaxHUD.dlo.off".

Just a wild shot.

Blackheart

Its possible in a future release, turned off the plugins from the interface in game or a hotkey?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on May 24, 2016, 09:03:21 PM
Its possible in a future release, turned off the plugins from the interface in game or a hotkey?
No

Vini

hmm cannot really tell. it might be better without the plugin but there were also one or two guys less on the server.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on May 24, 2016, 11:11:06 PM
hmm cannot really tell. it might be better without the plugin but there were also one or two guys less on the server.
Another check: look in GPB folder wher eyou have the MaxHUD.ini, there shoul dalso be a MaxHUD.log: check how big it is.

Napalm Nick

Interesting I will look out for that Max.

Update: Was all ready to attack AMd/ATI's Catalyst software on my PC only to find it wasn't on it!  Odd I though it was on it 'before'. So off I trot to the website only to learn that 'Catalyst' seems to have been replaced by 'Crimson'. Searched PC for Crimson - no sign.

I use Raptr for telling me about GPU driver updates and following any links when there is an update usually includes the associated software. (I put up with Raptr's other 'useless features' because I use the inbuilt recording/replay stuff which it does well), but I digress, simply put - I have no GPU control centre.

Downloaded Crimson and looked at its features (why does every bit of software now need big buttons to light the way? Are we all morons now? Yep). It has a Framerate sync option that once released can be allowed free and 200FPS is the max it can go for GPB (not sure if it is picking that info up from the GPB program itself or if it is coincidental) anyway back in the GPB menu with the FPS indicator switched on we are released back to good old frame rates 160 average.

Only had time for a quick check on GPBOC4 Silverstone and was pretty stable at 90fps. There were a lot of people there and the graphics quality was OK (not exactly amazing). I did end up lowering AA in a hope that the tops of barriers and stuff stop so much flickering with little affect. Maybe time to explore Crimson some more.

Anyway the framerate is free again but as for the Vaseline Visor in races, that still needs watching, but now I am distracted with something failing inside the GPBOC1/2/3 server and it is intermittent, like all the best faults are  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

You had Raptr installed but no Catalyst ? Weird.

Free advice (as always):

• Run Display Driver Uninstaller (with reboot in safe mode) to clean-up all the mess on AMD drivers.
  • Reinstall AMD drivers (the Crimson stuff if you want the latest and gratest, whichever old catalyst version you had before and was running fine, else).
  • GPU drivers update: mostly a myth. If your GPU works fine with your current games, no real need to update. Mostly you need to update for new games (game-specific profiles).
  • Raptr: if you rally really really need it, but to be honest, you'd be better off without.

doubledragoncc

I have put my server up for you Nick. Same as it was before, do I need to change any setting?

I got the laptop cooler today and have opened the bottom of the lappy to decrease temps by 15 degrees C  ;D

Now overclocked I get 180-190 fps on Silverstone so waiting for some guys to get on and test it a bit more and H's sound suggestion.

DD

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 25, 2016, 10:59:46 AM
You had Raptr installed but no Catalyst ? Weird.

Yeh I know this is the most confusing bit Catalyst was there before but has now gone no trace!
Free advice (as always):

• Run Display Driver Uninstaller (with reboot in safe mode) to clean-up all the mess on AMD drivers.
  • Reinstall AMD drivers (the Crimson stuff if you want the latest and greatest, whichever old catalyst version you had before and was running fine, else).
  • GPU drivers update: mostly a myth. If your GPU works fine with your current games, no real need to update. Mostly you need to update for new games (game-specific profiles).
  • Raptr: if you really really really need it, but to be honest, you'd be better off without.

All advice is good advice thx.

@DD - thanks bud you might have the full weight for a while (maybe forever) lol.

doubledragoncc

Then you better get some shit together about how to hold a frickin race lol.

Right now I would furk it right up and dont know how to do your countdown thingy and all that poo!!!

DD

h106frp

Always hated AMDs driver solutions, never been good from the very start and every time they try and improve it just adds more messy layers of confusion and unwanted add-ons.

Its the main reason i avoid their stuff and stick with the green team and the more 'classic' driver solution.