• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:18:15 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rfactor - sidecars - Dundrod

Started by BOBR6 84, May 26, 2016, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Didn't know Rfactor had sidecars and an awesome looking Ulster GP circuit... until GRT posted this on youtube! Look at the scenery!!!

https://www.youtube.com/v/hLj0zc35iSc

Napalm Nick

May 26, 2016, 07:03:49 PM #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:06:04 PM by Napalm Nick
Wow look at that!  I like it just because it has outfits! But it sure looks like an arcade game, bit surprising considering rFactor is pretty neat usually.

Needs some Animated passenger and PiBoSos magic and it is a must -have in TTB.  :)

However, I do hope there is a move away from these graphics engines as it is time to stop clinging to the 1980's .
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I ask around before about this as to whether sidecars could be put into WRS but never really got anything back new apart from all the old stuff about this rFactor mod thats been about for ages. Shame

Yep Nick thats why I do not like rFactor no matter what all the fans tell me it looks old and even 2 is too outdated though they think it looks up to date.

FFS why do companies like Rieza or woteva they are called make a NEW game today that has graphics 15 years old?????

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

but look at the scenery  :D in GPB that would be just - grey  :-\

doubledragoncc

Very true BOBPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, but it is STILL soooooooooooooo old looking.

I really cant take this kinda shit in 2016 when there are so many GREAT graphics engines and sims out there.

The only reason I put up with it in GPB is that the bikes look great and are well modeled, but the tracks, and NO disrespect to the track makers, they can only work with what they can, are 20 years out of date sceanery wise. It takes a lot to make sceanery look good today and having to do it from scratch must be a very daunting project to undertake, just look at what Grooveski has done.

I am just a fussy fucker!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Right lol i honestly didn't expect these reply's.. i thought it looks pretty good for rfactor, just nice modded content.

Vini

ttb is getting more and more illogical to me.....

Blackheart

The track is good, but the graphics engine (like that of gpb) sucks, no shadows, no dynamic lights, everything is flat and ugly.

Napalm Nick

Yeh it is nice modded content for what it is and I am sure I would get a lot of fun out of it too. Not knocking rfactor in any way (in fact I have a lot of fun in Stock Car extreme - check it oot).

It just bugs me why we are still looking at graphics like this, they have been around too long, and the old excuse that we cant have a sim and great graphics seems an excuse taken from the 1985 Guide to Game Design.

Maybe the only reason racers put up with it is because when you are racing you are rarely taking in the scenery and concentrate hard on the task in hand.

Cant the CryEngine do this or sommat?

Me, blubbing a bit.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 26, 2016, 08:05:39 PM
Yeh it is nice modded content for what it is and I am sure I would get a lot of fun out of it too. Not knocking rfactor in any way (in fact I have a lot of fun in Stock Car extreme - check it oot).

It just bugs me why we are still looking at graphics like this, they have been around too long, and the old excuse that we cant have a sim and great graphics seems an excuse taken from the 1985 Guide to Game Design.

Maybe the only reason racers put up with it is because when you are racing you are rarely taking in the scenery and concentrate hard on the task in hand.

Cant the CryEngine do this or sommat?

Me, blubbing a bit.

yeah i agree i guess, stock car extreme is cool! Did you get the FREE automobilista game?

Napalm Nick

No I missed out on it by a couple of days.  :'(

Is it any good?

Me, blubbing a bit more

doubledragoncc

automobilista!!! what a load of old bollocks with a new name!!! how many more rfactor copycats do we have to pt up with???

sorry but it is true, another car game thats all, and old graphics new for 2016!!!

ffs

BOBR6 84

but FREE! yeah its about the same, bit better tho.. and it was FREE!  ;D

doubledragoncc

I would not waste space and install that shit on my PC if they paid me!!!

DD

Vini

graphics are nice for replay but i would turn them down to get consistent minimum 120fps anyway while playing.