• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:45:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rfactor - sidecars - Dundrod

Started by BOBR6 84, May 26, 2016, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

What I would really like to see (and yes I am dreaming a bit now) is Sidecars where two players take one outfit. One driving and one doing the hard work.

Now I wont be able to sleep thinking that one through and its feasibility.  ::)

Clip from Teamspeak

"Come on DD! get yer ass hanging out a bit more on the Left handers I cant keep the wheel down Bray Hill"

Sheesh I'm all excited  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 26, 2016, 08:54:44 PM
What I would really like to see (and yes I am dreaming a bit now) is Sidecars where two players take one outfit. One driving and one doing the hard work.

Now I wont be able to sleep thinking that one through and its feasibility.  ::)

Clip from Teamspeak

"Come on DD! get yer ass hanging out a bit more on the Left handers I cant keep the wheel down Bray Hill"

Sheesh I'm all excited  ;D

lol  ;D

2 guys in a sidecar would be just great  :)

doubledragoncc

Ya see thats the problem Nick I got no ass.

Back in the old days I actually carried tools in my panniers of my work bike to have more weight on the rear wheel and it worked, figured it out riding behind a m8 with a fatass lol.

DD

PS Pib did comment on this in another thread in WRS I started about sidecars and it seems he means TTB I think:

Piboso's reply was:

The vehicle dynamics of a sidecar is indeed closer to a car than a bike.
However, a sidecar is a beast of its own, because of steering and suspension geometry and, most important, the moving passenger.
If you have the patience to wait, there will be simulated sidecars ( F2 class to be precise ) in an upcoming project  ;)
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

alelosbrigia

tryed a lot of time agò ... in completly wrong and unrealistic , but i think is the limit of  rfactor ( exploding  the model into editor we can find all 4 weel  and the passenger in in line with right rear ( like piaggio ape xD ) side weel is all asimetric and need a fixed quote for go on straight line ( little example , rear weel is +3 cm out from front weel )

HornetMaX

So it's just a car, dressed up as a sidecar. I see Piboso ROFLing :)

alelosbrigia

is moore realistic the morgan 3weel for assetto corsa  :-\