• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:28:45 PM

Race Distance

Started by Napalm Nick, May 28, 2016, 10:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Hi all,

I am full of nooby questions today must be because the sun is out. I have had a quick trawl through this forum but can't find any info.

The question is...how is 100% race distance worked out in this game? IE: what determines how many laps 100% is?

As it is different for different bikes I thought maybe it was something clever like the server checks max fuel capacity against consumption to give an estimate rounded to the nearest lap or maybe it was the [RACE] setting in the bikes cfg file (er 120?).

But now I don't know. I have a feeling I will be slapping my head because the answer is so obvious when someone tells me but I blame it on the sun - cant think straight it is so unusual. ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

You lucky bastard clouds and rain in London lol.

This is one I wondered too as when you posted 100% and not laps for the race I was thinking WTF, that tells me shit as it depends normally on track length because of fuel tank capacities

I think for the post for a race LAPS should be used only as it is simple for all to understand and no mistakes on fuel and streaming(HEHE) will happen.

100% = full tank needed?  50% = half a tank needed? Just a guess

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

In the tracks .ini

Quote[race]
defaulteventlaps=28
reflaptime=121
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Ahaaa! Thx Matty. Never knew that.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 28, 2016, 10:57:36 AM
Hi all,

I am full of nooby questions today must be because the sun is out. I have had a quick trawl through this forum but can't find any info.

The question is...how is 100% race distance worked out in this game? IE: what determines how many laps 100% is?

As it is different for different bikes I thought maybe it was something clever like the server checks max fuel capacity against consumption to give an estimate rounded to the nearest lap or maybe it was the [RACE] setting in the bikes cfg file (er 120?).

But now I don't know. I have a feeling I will be slapping my head because the answer is so obvious when someone tells me but I blame it on the sun - cant think straight it is so unusual. ::)

The race length is set in the INI file of each bike: race -> length ( kilometers ).
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 28, 2016, 11:08:17 AM
In the tracks .ini

Quote[race]
defaulteventlaps=28
reflaptime=121

That data is not used anymore and can be removed from track INI files.

matty0l215

Cool :)

How does the game handle it when using different bikes? (assuming a gp125 isn't going the be the same race distance as a gp1000)

Napalm Nick

I was wondering why it differed between bikes! Thanks PiBoSo!

So bike authors work out the race length figure how? Fuel capacity vs consumption or guessing? lol.

PiBoSo

Quote from: matty0l215 on May 28, 2016, 02:36:03 PM

How does the game handle it when using different bikes? (assuming a gp125 isn't going the be the same race distance as a gp1000)

The lower race distance is used, to allow every bike to finish the race.

Napalm Nick

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 28, 2016, 02:43:09 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on May 28, 2016, 02:36:03 PM

The lower race distance is used, to allow every bike to finish the race.

Ta very much :)

Hawk

That's very useful to know... Thank you Piboso!  ;D 8)

Hawk.