• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:19:44 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

I want to puke and I'm loving it!

Started by davidboda46, June 02, 2016, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

June 03, 2016, 10:32:18 PM #30 Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:44:55 PM by Blackheart
JC has simply forgot to remove the "shadows and highlights" from the screenshot. Probably in the game were dynamic lights or not, but the effect is completely unreal.

And definitely I do not want to offend the JC work.

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/screenies.cfm?ID=Bruces+Animated+Helmet+Cam+Views+#

HornetMaX

It was Juju and not JC.

The effect is unreal because we have no 3d model of the helmet interior. So having some fixed light or no light at all (on the texture) won't change that.

I don't know how rfactor does this, but if they have dynamic light on the helmet interior, most likely they have a 3d model of the helmet interior. And we don't.

BTW, in most of the screenshots you link I see very little to no blur.

Blackheart

June 03, 2016, 11:08:46 PM #32 Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:11:20 PM by Blackheart
juju ops my fail  :P

rfactor as gpb is based on modding, so I have no idea of the true source of this image.

davidboda46

FOV 90°, Pitch 50%, Tilt 20%, 100% anticipation, helmet rot 20%, 3 top / 7 bottom offset

Sorry for the late update Max, and for my riding :). My conclusion, maybe it would be possible to have smaller intervalls for the helmet rotation as I find that it is a bit to much with 20%. So maybe 5,10,15, 20 and so on? I also tried a higher tilt value but that I found that everything over 20 was to extrem, for me at least. 

And thanks again for all your work!

Cheers,

David "Gonzo" Boda #46
http://www.youtube.com/v/hzjkXtE_6do
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Vini

June 07, 2016, 03:24:23 AM #34 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:50:28 AM by vin97
100% corner anticipation, now I understand why you wanted to puke :D :D
Looks pretty cool, though.

Anyway, just wanted to say that you got some (increasing) audio delay (probably due to a framerate conversion that didn't stretch the audio accordingly)

davidboda46

Quote from: vin97 on June 07, 2016, 03:24:23 AM
100% corner anticipation, now I understand why you wanted to puke :D :D
Looks pretty cool, though.

Anyway, just wanted to say that you got some (increasing) audio delay (probably due to a framerate conversion that didn't stretch the audio accordingly)

Thanks, will look into it.

Cheers,

/David
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BOBR6 84

Looks much better with corner anticipation.. Onboard looks Sh!t without corner Ant.. imo. but makes me want to puke too..  ;D i think its down to how the riders head snaps back inline with the bike when we get on the throttle.. makes me dizzy.

I like the helmet lean idea but for me personally i would like it to tilt the other way slightly.. not much tho.. still nice to have adjustment for personal style.. Look at Tom sykes's riding style and head position  ;)

Meyer#12

sure looks nice Gonzo!

And Bob, love Tom Sykes way to ride that Kawasaki! I was a bit more oldschool in my riding style and head position ;)
Meyer#12

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Meyer#12 on June 07, 2016, 06:47:47 PM
sure looks nice Gonzo!

And Bob, love Tom Sykes way to ride that Kawasaki! I was a bit more oldschool in my riding style and head position ;)

yeah sykes is awesome!  ;D he just looks angry  8) yeah lots of different styles, sykes and jonny rae that's a good comparison too! MaX said he gonna add the adjustment in next release i think? happy days.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 07, 2016, 09:01:09 PM
MaX said he gonna add the adjustment in next release i think? happy days.
Yep, reverse helmet rotation option will be in the next release.

doubledragoncc

Really looking forward to that Max.

I dont understand why you are all literally breaking your necks in the helmets and liking the pain? Bloody  masochists lol. Study the actual neck angle in the vids lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

to quote your own words DD, because it feels right :D

can't explain it but riding onboard simply works best for me with those settings.

doubledragoncc

Dude I was kinda joking as the angle is gonna hurt lol.

I hear you about it feeling right vin.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tchemi

Hello guys !

I'm a begginer on GPB and after 2 weeks using only 3rd p view because I was uncomfortable with the 1st P one, I just discovered Max plugin.
It's awesome !!!

But !! I will continue to use 3rd P view for a while because 1st P gives me headaches and illness. Why it is so shaaaaaAaAaAaAaAaakKkKkKkKkKkKyyyyYyYyYyYyYyY ??

Is there any option to lower or suppress head bobbing ?? I know someone here already talked about that. The fact that irl the body and the brain compensate vibrations and shaking.
And He is completly right. For me, 1stP view is unusable. I must stop after 10 min of riding. My eyes and my brain are hurting. :( :( :(

V

Vini

don't use corner anticipation and maybe try using manual rider lean.