• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:22:15 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Create a parts file for bikes

Started by h106frp, June 03, 2016, 08:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Could you create a file similar in concept to a .pnt but containing new .edf files for bike parts?

This would allow wheels, exhausts, screens, tyres, forks and maybe even the 1P cockpit to better represent the specific variants ridden by different teams and riders.

Thank you

doubledragoncc

Would this mead by editing the edf file you can swap parts out?

I am compiling a folder with the different parts of the 916 with different colors etc so you can just pick what you want and make a folder with them to create a pnt without having to edit the tga files. Basically just swap what part tga you want, silver or gold or red for frame etc.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

You can already do this easily with the existing paint files but i am thinking of a similar concept but with different 3D model files and their dependent paints that the game could swap out to allow for example a different wheel or windshield to be swapped in and out of the model.

This would allow for your suggested concept of customized bikes and allow them to stay synchronized with the server.

At the moment the only way to have a 'mod pack' for an existing mod bike without server issues is to create an entirely new model directory.

In this way we could easily have quite a bit of variety to the models on track - one honda with ohlins forks and another with showa for example

doubledragoncc

Great idea.

I widh we could have it like Forza where it was in the menu lol and the new GT Sport stole my sticker idea lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

It would be easy to do with gfx variants. So have a gfx file for each changed part. But you start to see a lot of unessecery file being added anx it isn't really a priority. It would be nice don't get me wrong. Id just prefer to see other things to be worked on.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

I thought about the gfx file but i wonder about server synch issues. The mechanism is already in place for paints so a similar concept could be easy to implement.

This is just 'wishlist' material  :)  Priorities for development are well understood.

matty0l215

Quote from: h106frp on June 03, 2016, 11:38:08 AM
I thought about the gfx file but i wonder about server synch issues. The mechanism is already in place for paints so a similar concept could be easy to implement.

This is just 'wishlist' material  :)  Priorities for development are well understood.

I suppose haveing a pack file would be better for modders but it might start getting large if you had all the combination i just though having them all idividualy and then a GXF file to refrence each but i see what you mean. A different edf might not cause mismatch (im not sure on what causes mismatch)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

I don't think data mismatch would be a problem, just visual appearance between local and server graphical presentations. I guess paints send the paint file keys to the server to ensure consistent graphical presentation across clients.

doubledragoncc

I am just doing a modders pack to make it quicker to have combinations of parts in various colors. It is just to save having to redo shit all the time. It is a base pack to build the base bike and then add personal stuff.

Gonna make a sticker folder with logos used in bike racing to help beginners(like me lol) to not have to search and then edit logos to go on a livery or helmet etc.

DD