• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:12:35 PM

Ride 2

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 04, 2016, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Ok Ulster... Milestone u have my money  :'(

doubledragoncc

Love the CBR900RR on Green Hell in GPB but the track is so bumpy lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 04, 2016, 10:14:10 PM
Love the CBR900RR on Green Hell in GPB but the track is so bumpy lol.

DD

:o GPB.... 900RR.... what??  ???

Been busy fixing this....

So I could verify it is ready for some dyno time and running as good as it can, and oh is it sweet....

Dyno runs with sound recordings for a 900RR coming as soon as I get it scheduled up.  ;)

Enough OT from me though... back to Ride2. Looks promising for a few months of fun before it's lost its luster and I pick it up every so often to remind myself I'm over it.  ;D

doubledragoncc

I am lucky enough to have the honor to ride Blacky's CBR900RR. Just working on the yellow,purple and black 97' paint now. Not too many good pics to reference from.

I thought you had it grimm? If you do let me know and I will give you links to my paints.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

grimm

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 05, 2016, 07:16:47 AM
I am lucky enough to have the honor to ride Blacky's CBR900RR. Just working on the yellow,purple and black 97' paint now. Not too many good pics to reference from.

I thought you had it grimm? If you do let me know and I will give you links to my paints.

DD

I never got a link to it. But I do have some reference pics of a '95 (North American) model yellow, purple, and black paint scheme. It's not an urban tiger, but I'm not sure those came in that color scheme here anyway. RIDE has the same livery that I've got pics of on my 900 chassis... assuming you are looking for the other one though... they do seem to be rare on google images.

doubledragoncc

Talk to Blacky as if you doing sound you will need it to test.

Yeah 97 seems to be the right year but not sure if it is Europe only that year. Got pics that will work and found sticker kits in good size that will work.

DD

doubledragoncc

Bit OT but thats GPB forums for ya...................... And was chatin with grimm about it.

Really enjoyed doing the 1997 Yellow/Purple/Black paint for the CBR900RR from Blacky. Used a tga I made from a DDS file that just turned up on my Hard drive  ::) and it took me all day using the few pics I could find online of the original bike. Blacky's model is a 95 and the paint is for a 97 that is a lot different so is not perfect at some points but I made masks to make as much as close to real as possible.

The bike is a WIP by Blacky so UV and so has a ways to go and could not paint the wheels yellow  :'(

Heres the pnt file for the lucky ones who can test this brilliant bike. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9spzswi394nhups/Road_CBR900RR_YPB_1997.pnt

I have more paints too  ;D

Thanks so much to Blacky for giving me the chance to test this baby, my all time favorite bike.

DD

grimm

I still feel like I could have done a little better with the engine map... was that the one that was used for the WIP?  ???

doubledragoncc

August 07, 2016, 07:00:14 AM #68 Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:11:44 AM by doubledragoncc
I am not sure grimm? It seems okay, maybe a bit more bottom end. I generally do a lazy test where I stick a bike in 3rd or 4th and do a whole lap to see bottom end grunt and the 900 was a bit lacking. As its WIP I wanted to do a better test and get back to you and Blacky about it.

Blacky? Which engine map is on this version of the CBR900RR? How about a naked version like Buttercup from grimm  ;D

DD

Blackheart

Nope all my stuff.

doubledragoncc

Ok thanks Blacky

DD

grimm

The tutorials on anything bike creation related, especially the ED programs are pretty vague. I did the best I could on the engine map, but felt it was junk regardless of what I had done due to it being based on the 990 that has an astronomical rev range compared. Glad the bike is at least in game and rideable though. Looks fantastic even as a WIP.

DD, they were pretty gutless under 6k (I ride one daily at this point and have had it off and on for 5 years) and rather peaky up top. I'm pretty sure the top brass at Honda in the early 90's were pretty impressed by how well the character and behavior felt more like a 500 two stroke than any of the previous big block offerings that the CBR lineup had provided through the Hurricane years. Despite the rumored attempts to create a 750 category competitor, I get the feeling the 900RR was truly intended to be a big bike competitor all along.  :P

On the topic of Ride2... seems its truly turning into a second coming of "Tourist Trophy" for the PS2. A ton of bikes, some great tracks, and overall a good split between fun and challenging. Not sure I'll actually spend the money on it though, the RIDE demo was enough for me to know I didn't want to blow that sort of money on something I would grow bored of in a matter of a few months... so I bought a MX Bikes license instead. Hopefully RIDE2 proves worth a purchase though! Would love to hear some two stroke screaming its beautiful Castrol R burning song through the German forests that surround the Green Hell. ;D

doubledragoncc

Yeah I felt the same about the demo but have to buy most bike game to make sure my system works in them. x360ce saved my ass lol. Now I know the trick about turning my pots down to match an Xbox controller in the setup program it gives me full axis control.

Been doing the 900 more with Blacky's help got the wheels and exhaust figured now plus got the yellow the right shade. Model is missing UV I think.

I still need to actually play Ride to get the 900 in it as spend little time on it lol. GPB has too much to offer hehe

Praying MS did not fuck up the controller input for RIDE2!!!

DD

grimm

Damn that thing is looking better and better!  :o

Just download a savegame for RIDE that has a bunch of credits? It's what I've done with almost every "grind until you have what you want" game since I ditched consoles and went to PC gaming. People like me just don't have the attention span or care for the learning curve to work that hard at it. I value my time far more than most though, so maybe others don't mind working for unlocks and stuff in games. I feel like spending 2 hours playing RIDE just for one bike I want is time I could have spent on things that will actually improve my quality of life in the long run... a virtual 900RR on a poorly put together Milestone game doesn't rank too high. lol

I do have a bare 900RR frame, a fork set, wheels, etc. if Black wants some real world numbers of the component weights overall, not sure I want to pull engine mount bolts on my daily to find what the engine weighs, but I could surely guess that weighing it as a whole and subtracting the sum of the other parts could give a good estimate to what the engine itself weighs though. The more accurate the part weights are (I think I read that Piboso had structured the bikes to have weights for each part section for suspension, engine, chassis, etc.) the better the bike might feel too. I think I have the scales laying around here somewhere for weight distribution too from the turbo bike build so I could get a front/rear of my fighter and that would get a ballpark of what the original weighs front to back.

Blackheart

@DD

Because this isnt the final model, but just an alpha, wheels, front discs are yet very low quality (for my standard) but i love my windshield   ;D

If one day I will finish this bike, it must have the same (or better) quality of the NR750  :P