• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Rider Float & Highside Animations?

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 15, 2016, 10:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 15, 2016, 10:28:28 PM Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:31:25 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
I'm wondering if it wouldn't be much trouble to ask Piboso to add animations for a rider highside and vertical movement of the rider's body from the seat when the bike goes over a bump. Currently the animations are very stale.

CapeDoctor

+1, especially for highside animation, something i'm sure i'll make good use of, lol :D

Urban Chaos 2.0

I don't know why these features have not yet been added. Falling is currently such a boring experience. It would be nice to be able to fall from a first-person perspective and for either a rag-doll-physics animation system or a greater variety of preset animations to be added.

doubledragoncc

I think having the core crashes fixed and netcode etc etc are far more important than animations guys. P has enough to do without thinking about Milestone type gimmicks to make us happy

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

CapeDoctor

true, DD, of course the basic stuff needs to be done properly before any 'eye-candy' type things, although that being said, i do find that highsides seldom, if ever, occur in the sim, at least for me - usually when the back end goes, it goes - very rarely do i even manage to get it back myself, and considering a high-side is probably much more common of all the on-track incidents, i'd think it should be better represented.
kind of defeats the object of having a 'wishlist/suggestion' section, if we are going to have the harsh realities shoved in our faces, lol  ;D

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 16, 2016, 10:48:08 AM
I think having the core crashes fixed and netcode etc etc are far more important than animations guys. P has enough to do without thinking about Milestone type gimmicks to make us happy

DD

Dude, if Piboso had the ability to fix the Networking issues, I think he would have done it by now. My understanding is that people have been complaining about netcode for a very long time. In the mean time, such features which you call gimmicks, would really add to the atmosphere of GPB. These aren't gimmicks. These are functional components of any decent motorcycle game/sim. It seems the vast majority of the time people spend playing GP Bikes is offline anyway, and that gets really boring when such features are missing. It's the reason for people becoming jaded about GPB.

doubledragoncc

Well maybe if you tried racing online it would not be so boring!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Urban Chaos 2.0

GP Bikes is not boring.

This

https://www.youtube.com/v/isgOZfHWb-I

Does not get boring. But we're talking about ways to make GP Bikes a better game. There's no sense in trying to prevent progress, in whichever form it comes.

Blackheart

What Ulster version it is? When i play here with the v0.6, in the fast corner (to 1:02) i see a black hole, between the asphalt and the grass  :-\

Vini

June 16, 2016, 06:14:36 PM #12 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:59:19 PM by vin97
While better rider animations would be nice, at the moment I'd rather see PiBoSo make the falling/crashing animation worse by completely disabling the (completely flawed) lowside detection.
That way we won't have our races/laps ruined by a stupid bug.

Still, it does look funny:

(click image to see crash onboard)

...+1 on the helmet cam staying when crashing instead of switching to third person view.

Hawk

Personally I'd have things like crash cams in the option settings so that people can decide for themselves what view they prefer when a rider crashes.  :)

Hawk.

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 16, 2016, 07:36:26 PM #14 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:38:04 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: Hawk on June 16, 2016, 06:18:17 PM
Personally I'd have things like crash cams in the option settings so that people can decide for themselves what view they prefer when a rider crashes.  :)

Hawk.

Of course. It has to be an option. But it's an option I know a lot of us will love. Seeing yourself flying off your bike in first person view, or sliding across the asphalt at 200kmh (with helmet-shake and everything) is something which will really add to immersion. If it's rag-doll-physics based (slightly rigid body) that would be even better.