• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Rider Float & Highside Animations?

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, June 15, 2016, 10:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom HWK

I think the highside animation looks pretty realistic...
https://www.youtube.com/v/HnWGXh--6qI

But really i'd rather my rider stopped jumping off the bike mid corner before there's any work on animations.

Vini

June 17, 2016, 03:58:55 PM #16 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:10:50 PM by vin97
Quote from: Yogivo on June 17, 2016, 03:36:12 PMBut really i'd rather my rider stopped jumping off the bike mid corner before there's any work on animations.

exactly, but piboso does not really seems to care.

Hawk

Can you repeat that on the default stock bike/s and post the video? That would spark Piboso's interest for sure, even if he doesn't acknowledge it.  ;)

Hawk.

Urban Chaos 2.0

"I think the highside animation looks pretty realistic..."

What does this mean?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on June 17, 2016, 06:31:53 PM
Can you repeat that on the default stock bike/s and post the video? That would spark Piboso's interest for sure, even if he doesn't acknowledge it.  ;)

Hawk.

Yeah, why not spamming the forum with 1000 more messages about a topic that was already discussed?  ::)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 17, 2016, 07:11:12 PM
Yeah, why not spamming the forum with 1000 more messages about a topic that was already discussed?  ::)

Aah, now that you're here... Mind telling us if you envision the addition of the a more varied set of rider crash animations :)?

Vini

Hawk.

If I remember correctly, you said you will be working on a fixed lowside detection algorithm, problem is that this was months ago.
That is why I suggested a quick temporary fix that simply disables the lowside detection until you've figured out how to do it correctly.
I haven't gotten an answer from you on this suggestion.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on June 17, 2016, 07:55:39 PM

Hawk.

If I remember correctly, you said you will be working on a fixed lowside detection algorithm, problem is that this was months ago.
That is why I suggested a quick temporary fix that simply disables the lowside detection until you've figured out how to do it correctly.
I haven't gotten an answer from you on this suggestion.

It will be integrated in Beta9.

Vini

June 17, 2016, 08:03:47 PM #23 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:51:39 PM by vin97
I wouldn't keep bringing up this topic if it wasn't extremely urgent (as you can tell by the video examples).
I know that you are very busy with KRP at the moment, that's why I don't expect you to come up with a new lowside detection (that doesn't rely on the rider's position) in the immediate future.
But simply disabling this subroutine shouldn't take more than a few minutes and it would improve the user experience significantly (even if it may look a bit funny).
If this is not the case and it is in fact not that easy, just tell me and I will patiently wait for beta9 and its new lowside detection.

Hawk

Hawk.

Well what side of the bed did you get up this morning Piboso?  ::)

I think the word "spamming" is a bit harsh don't you think when all I was trying to do was to get people to show bugs that are in your actual stock bikes and not from a bikeMOD that could well be an issue with the bike author and not a fault with GPB?  ::)

But if you have already given assurances that this issue will be dealt with in due time then why do these guys keep posting and posting about it and accusing you of ignoring the issue?

Also, don't you think your time would've been better spent and more constructive to have posted the link to that said discussion(if it's so easily available to people who keep posting about this issue) rather than accusing me of spamming.  ::)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: vin97 on June 17, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
I wouldn't keep bringing up this topic if it wasn't extremely urgent (as you can tell by the video examples).
I know that you are very busy with KRP at the moment, that's why I don't expect you to come up with a new lowside detection (that doesn't rely on the rider's position) in the immediate future.
But simply disabling this subroutine shouldn't take more than a few minutes and it would improve the user experience significantly (even if it may look a bit funny).
If this is not the case and it is in fact not that easy, just tell me and I will patiently wait for beta9 and its new lowside detection.

Unfortunately no patch for Beta8 is planned.

Vini