• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:53:44 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Valentino Rossi The Game - MILESTONE

Started by kennybarroz, June 16, 2016, 10:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 19, 2016, 06:09:50 PM
I bought a G27 wheel and a stand from ebay today.. looking forward to it  ;D

the first thing il fire up is... Assetto corsa  ;) realistic enough for me, and is just a nice place to be  ;) nice sounds, graphic and iv'e always enjoyed the handling even with a control pad  :D

only thing that put's me off Iracing is the cost..

but yeah.. looking forward to trying out all types of games/sims from a new angle  ;)

Need to re add you on steam again then, lost alot of people after my account got hijacked  :-\
I`m searching for people to play AC with  :)

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 19, 2016, 06:20:52 PM #106 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:26:01 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 19, 2016, 04:55:56 PM

The above proves that you have zero understanding of the maths behind a simulator. So you'd better avoid talking about that stuff, just in case more knowledgeable people are around (and no, that wouldn't mean me only as anybody with an undergraduate knowledge of dynamic systems and ODE solvers would do).

If it's OK to you to think that pCars is better because it is at 600Hz, that's fine. I think that with little effort, PiBoSo could give you a special "overclocked turbocharged overcooled sniper edition" of WRS at 650Hz: instant KING of car sims ?

No, You have have zero understanding of the maths behind a simulator, if you think it doesn't matter. I didn't say, higher automatically means better, I said it matters. And it does. The extent to which it matters, and in which aspects of computation are things we cannot know for certain, because we do not have access to the games' interpretations of physics. Some games are faster, yet less realistic, but as a blanket statement, it matters!. Unless you've got a super computer, your simulation must operate by a determined output frequency, and generally speaking, the faster the better.

This comment of yours was actually the only one out of all, to annoy me. Haha well done. I said I would ignore all off-topic posts, and I broke that, but in defence: I didn't promise. Now I'll promise. Haha. So no more from me.

Vini

h106frp

With a computer game why bother computing stuff faster than you can display the results on screen - seems the computing cycles would be better spent doing other stuff  :)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2016, 06:13:22 PM

the first thing il fire up is... Assetto corsa  ;) realistic enough for me, and is just a nice place to be  ;) nice sounds, graphic and iv'e always enjoyed the handling even with a control pad  :D

but yeah.. looking forward to trying out all types of games/sims from a new angle  ;)

Need to re add you on steam again then, lost alot of people after my account got hijacked  :-\

Sound! il let u know when it's all set up  ;)

i see lot's of people talk about setting wheels up properly.. can i download other peoples wheel profiles/settings?

JamoZ

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 19, 2016, 06:39:02 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2016, 06:13:22 PM

Sound! il let u know when it's all set up  ;)

i see lot's of people talk about setting wheels up properly.. can i download other peoples wheel profiles/settings?

You can, but i`d say for the g25/27 i would go with the most used setting for the logitech profiler, and ingame just use 90/100 FFB gain and set everything else up to preference.

If you got your profiler to look like the screenshot below, i`d say you`re about 90% in for good FFB in AC  :)

BOBR6 84

Cheers JamoZ!  screenshot saved in case the thread disappear's  :D

Blackheart

I play VRTG from the day one... and evil, I still enjoy very. (In topic words lol )

Do not delete this thread! It is beautiful!  :'(

HornetMaX

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 06:20:52 PM
No, You have have zero understanding of the maths behind a simulator, if you think it doesn't matter. I didn't say, higher automatically means better, I said it matters. And it does. The extent to which it matters, and in which aspects of computation are things we cannot know for certain, because we do not have access to the games' interpretations of physics. Some games are faster, yet less realistic, but as a blanket statement, it matters!. Unless you've got a super computer, your simulation must operate by a determined output frequency, and generally speaking, the faster the better.

This comment of yours was actually the only one out of all, to annoy me. Haha well done. I said I would ignore all off-topic posts, and I broke that, but in defence: I didn't promise. Now I'll promise. Haha. So no more from me.

The fact you'll say no more on that is good for all of us. What you've already said, is more than enough (emphasis in the below quote is yours, not mine):

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 11:59:08 AM
I mean, the rate at which the games' physics engines output data is as well a very telling fact. iRacing's physics engine ticks at 360Hz. That's only slightly faster than Assetto Corsa's 333Hz. rFactor 2 is second best, at 400Hz. Project Cars' physics simulation refreshes at a considerable 600Hz. Far higher than the aforementioned games. Project Cars' physics engine is a far more accurate model.

So yeah, you can try to turn this around, but I doubt you'll succeed. Next time, think before posting garbage.
As far as I know, pCars could be the best sim ever: just not for the reasons (aka "very telling facts") you presented.

And by the way:
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 11:59:08 AM
You need to understand that the internet is filled with a large number immensely stupid and ignorant people. People who not only know nothing about the things they type, but are also far too unintelligent to be able to effectively comprehend the subject matters. They go around posting nonsense and trash about things like Project Cars because they want to be part of the movement of morons who go around trumpeting the same thing.

We're very aware of that. Now even more.

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

IS this now the VRTG vs AC the new topic lol.

Im up for the green hell in AC online with you BOBPPPPPP. Love the 458 Italia on it, just plain fun.

Strap some bars to the bottom of your wheel, turn it down to about 40 degrees and think your riding and not driving lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

June 20, 2016, 05:05:49 PM #116 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:10:04 PM by BOBR6 84
Yeah all good mate im up for it  ;) all been dispatched today should arrive soon, get set up and ready to go  8) Really looking forward to it lol. Will need plenty of practice i reckon though before hitting the ring lol

doubledragoncc

Then I recommend the 458 Italia as it is very manageable but not boring lol. I use a TX 458 wheel and TP3A pedals so is fitting lol.

You will need to get used to the deadspot in the center of steering on the G27 and little you can do to fix it. I had a load of files on how to set it up for AC so will see what I can dig up.

Was only half joking about the bars as it is how I did my first tests for bar controls on G27

https://www.youtube.com/v/JDhvXkO_vZA

Dang thats an old video with Alpha7 about 6 years ago lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Il try these first  ;) love this car but i find it a bit too difficult to control with a game pad..

https://www.youtube.com/v/hYC7ogcPv5w

Hard to be consistant... Damn i cant wait to get this wheel now  ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/GoVynqUFOEA

Actually looking forward to trying WRS too! What's that like with a wheel??

BOBR6 84

Next on the list is a bigger monitor.. it's going to look a bit daft at the moment... could use my TV i suppose.