• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:46:40 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Valentino Rossi The Game - MILESTONE

Started by kennybarroz, June 16, 2016, 10:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

I'll upload a video of MotoGP14 with my edition of the Ultimate Physics + Advanced AI Mod (v1.5) to show you how realistic it is in comparison to MotoGP15 and this new Valentino Rossi game. In MotoGP14 all the systems were in place for a pretty realistic experience. In MotoGP15 and beyond, a significant quantity of those systems were removed completely or substituted for far less complex ones. Ride was a step in the right direction with their new simulation model, but alas, Milestone seems to derive a certain sick and twisted satisfaction from disappointing anyone above 8 years old.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 09:38:06 AM
I'll upload a video of MotoGP14 with my edition of the Ultimate Physics + Advanced AI Mod (v1.5) to show you how realistic it is in comparison to MotoGP15 and this new Valentino Rossi game. In MotoGP14 all the systems were in place for a pretty realistic experience. In MotoGP15 and beyond, a significant quantity of those systems were removed completely or substituted for far less complex ones. Ride was a step in the right direction with their new simulation model, but alas, Milestone seems to derive a certain sick and twisted satisfaction from disappointing anyone above 8 years old.

Already tried the mod.. i don't rate it at all. sorry.

it's all a matter of personal taste with these ''games''.. so don't take it personally.

take RIDE for eg. to me that game's ''physics'' feel more dumbed down than any of the latest bike games.

Never been a big fan of most of the motogp games.. i always prefered the SBK titles.. even though looking back, they are shit too!

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 19, 2016, 11:31:59 AM #32 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:33:43 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 19, 2016, 10:48:16 AM

Already tried the mod.. i don't rate it at all. sorry.

it's all a matter of personal taste with these ''games''.. so don't take it personally.

take RIDE for eg. to me that game's ''physics'' feel more dumbed down than any of the latest bike games.

Never been a big fan of most of the motogp games.. i always prefered the SBK titles.. even though looking back, they are shit too!

Fuck you dude, what the fuck is your... Hahahahahaha I'm just joking. Why would I take it personally? It's your opinion. People need to stop attributing their self-esteem to videogames. Anyway, in terms of physics, it can't compare to GP Bikes, but as a MotoGP game with semi-simulation as its focus, it's brilliant. If you're into a realistic experience, the mod makes MotoGP14 the best of Milestone's games. Unlike GP Bikes, it's not meant to be played in first person. If you want to see how it differs from the vanilla version, you need to play it in third person. In third person you get to see how the suspension loads and unloads as you slip the rear through corners. You get to see the difference in weight distribution and how weight transfers through the chassis when the bike is unsettled. You get to see how lifting the rear wheel and setting it down again with the bike at an angle at speed, can cause it to kick out (to your detriment or to your benefit). You get to get to see how much more dynamic (and consequentially: more difficult) the handling is in comparison to it's unmodified form. That's the point of the mod.

For example, watch this quick GIF: https://giphy.com/gifs/v15-motogp14-ultimate-physics-mod-l46Cesw4YBNTYIfmM

Look at how the bike reacts to my throttle inputs.

Compare that to the default game, and compare that to MotoGP15. Then compare that to this new game.

JamoZ

A game should be rated on it`s default state and not after applying 3rd party mods which are created with random variables and/or personal tastes.

I applaud your effort to mod a crap game like this, but why bother? It`s like creating mods for pCARS...noone really cares...

guigui404

Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2016, 11:51:09 AM
A game should be rated on it`s default state and not after applying 3rd party mods which are created with random variables and/or personal tastes.

I applaud your effort to mod a crap game like this, but why bother? It`s like creating mods for pCARS...noone really cares...

Finally , something meaningful

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 19, 2016, 11:59:08 AM #35 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:28:17 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0

Sorry, but you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I have both Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. I even have rFactor 2, and WRS by Piboso. I've experienced enough sim racing, plus hard driving with my own car to know the difference. The vast majority of people saying "Project Cars isn't a sim" are fanboy morons who don't know anything in the slightest about vehicle dynamics and simulation.

Assetto Corsa's chassis simulation is unrealistically stiff, and the tyre-model as well is inferior to Project Cars'. Notice how much "on rails" Assetto Corsa seems to be, even in videos. The car is as stiff as a fucking board. When playing it, it's worse.

Project Cars' suspension dynamics and tyre-model adhesion mechanics are far superior to what games like AC or iRacing offer. The body roll, the transfer of weight from one direction to another, the grip levels, etc. are all modelled more realistically in Project Cars.

Overall, Project Cars is by far the better simulation. Assetto Corsa and iRacing do not even support rain. Why? *Their physics models are incapable of simulating the effect of rain on a vehicle.*

99.99% of AC/iR/rF2 fanboys, don't know what in the fuck they are talking about.

I mean, the rate at which the games' physics engines output data is as well a very telling fact. iRacing's physics engine ticks at 360Hz. That's only slightly faster than Assetto Corsa's 333Hz. rFactor 2 is second best, at 400Hz. Project Cars' physics simulation refreshes at a considerable 600Hz. Far higher than the aforementioned games. Project Cars' physics engine is a far more accurate model.

Also: For some reason, videogame fanboys are all so *incredibly stupid*, they think FFB and physics are the same thing, and when they try Project Cars, they don't bother to set it up. It boggles my mind how someone can be so unintelligent as to think FFB and physics are the same thing. On top of that, these fanboys fail to set FFB up. You cannot FAIL to set up the force feedback settings, and then use the resulting lack of feedback to judge realism. That's something videogame fanboys need to stop doing. How in the fuck can you jump into a simulator, and then fail to set things up, and then subsequently blame anything but yourself for the lack of immersion.

FFB is not an abstraction of physics. If that was the case, then many real-world vehicles which give poor feedback via the steering wheel would be "unrealistic": A nonsensical concept. The fact that FFB can be dependent on physics simulation DOES NOT MEAN its an abstraction of physics simulation. That's why you tune FFB in a game/sim, instead of tuning the physics. They are not the same thing, and cannot, to any reasonable extent, be interchangeable metrics for realism. FFB is FFB. You can't judge physics from FFB.

In terms of physics simulation and realism, Project Cars is certainly on top. Second to that, is rFactor 2. iRacing might come third, but Assetto Corsa is definitely inferior to both Project Cars and rFactor 2.

You need to understand that the internet is filled with a large number of immensely stupid and ignorant people (like HornetMaX). People who not only know nothing about the things they type, but are also far too unintelligent to be able to effectively comprehend the subject matters. They go around posting nonsense and trash about things like Project Cars because they want to be part of the movement of morons who go around trumpeting the same thing.

I know it comes across funny due to the cursing, but it's not hate. It simply disgusts me to see the kind of nonsense people are posting online. I mean, when I first started playing games like rFactor 2, I began coming across all these hate measeges against Project Cars. I thought "Woah, Project Cars must be a terrible arcade game". But then I actually tried it out, and was blown the fuck away by the handling model. It was, very, very good as a first impression. I just couldn't make sense of all the hate and bashing people were giving to Project Cars. After actually conversing with these people who bash the game, I started to realise they were a bunch of moronic fanboys. People who, for one reason or another dedicated their lives to hating another sim. As stated, 99.9% of them knew absolutely nothing about vehicular dynamics and simulation. They couldn't rate a physics engine to save their lives. They were just bashing the sim.

Edit: Again, don't take any offence to this. It's nothing personal.

BOBR6 84

Urban Chaos 2.0

June 19, 2016, 12:13:12 PM #37 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:15:24 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 19, 2016, 12:06:44 PM
O oh.. brace yourselves..  ;D ;D

Lol. I'm not here for any arguments. I really don't care what other peoples' opinions are, as long as they can be substantiated. A person can tell us the moon is made of cheese, and I won't care. But it has to be substantiated. For example, why do they say it's made of cheese? What evidence can they provide? Can they provide mathematical evidence? Can they estimate the mass-density, and prove through calculation, that the manner in which the moon orbits Earth, is coherent with the laws of physics? Can they prove through calculation that the effect the moon has on our oceans corresponds with that of a large sphere, the size of the moon, which is made of cheese? If you can prove the moon is made of cheese, it would make sense to consider it as a possibility. Otherwise, it's nonsense.

doubledragoncc

And wot about the fucking price of eggs????

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

June 19, 2016, 12:16:45 PM #39 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:35:35 PM by JamoZ
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 11:59:08 AM

Sorry, but you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Edit: Again, don't take any offence to this. It's nothing personal.

Erhm...ok?

Thanks for the essay by the way, but noone mentioned any of those games so i don`t know why you`re all getting mad about some videogames, but i don`t have time for any of this.

QuoteYou need to understand that the internet is filled with a large number immensely stupid and ignorant people. People who not only know nothing about the things they type, but are also far too unintelligent to be able to effectively comprehend the subject matters. They go around posting nonsense and trash about things like Project Cars because they want to be part of the movement of morons who go around trumpeting the same thing.

All i just read was a personal rant from someone who likes game A better then game B and C. All you really want to do is sound smart while failing to provide any prove with data that game A is actually more advanced then game B.

Until you do ( which is very unlikely because noone on in any of the forums really comes up with prove ) i`m just guessing you`re having the munchies and are kind of cranky because there is no food in the fridge...

PeterV

June 19, 2016, 12:21:41 PM #40 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:24:03 PM by PeterV

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on June 19, 2016, 11:59:08 AM
Sorry, but you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Im not getting into this shite, but im loving reading it...Jamoz where is youre respons?  ;D

Edit: you responded  ;D

JamoZ

Oh and Stop typing please, i`m really not interested in more badmouthed childish arguing as i really do not care. I enjoy my games regardless of what people say online...see how that works?

I was here to discuss a milestone game, not a game by slightly made sims...

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: PeterV on June 19, 2016, 12:21:41 PM

Im not getting into this shite, but im loving reading it...Jamoz where is youre respons?  ;D

Edit: you responded  ;D

Hahahaha yeah, he responded by editing his post after feeling humiliated upon reading yours. He initially said he was not going to be a part of it, but later felt he had to say something after reading your post, for he did not want to feel like "the lesser man" (or whatever idiosyncratic internal systems of justification pertain to him). Looking quickly for something to post, he latched onto snippet from my response to BOBR6 84 and my statement about proofs. I am aware far more than he is, about what went on in his mind reading my post(s), and following the "sneaky" alteration of his original response, I am aware, to every necessary extent, where the conversation will end.

As I said: I'm not here for arguments, and I certainly am not in the mood to partake temporally for the nth time, in the things I have already seen to be true.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2016, 12:36:31 PM
Oh and Stop typing please, i`m really not interested in more badmouthed childish arguing as i really do not care. I enjoy my games regardless of what people say online...see how that works?

I was here to discuss a milestone game, not a game by slightly made sims...

No worries Jamoz, I'm not here to argue.

JamoZ

Actually, i as editing it while peter replied.  :-*