• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:05:40 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 26, 2016, 09:28:23 PM
Did you hear about the Brits who have all cancelled their holidays "because now the borders are shut they wont be able to go" ?

Maybe there should be some kind of pre-vote IQ test lol.
Funny enough, I work for a company in the travel IT business right now.
We have an internal system to report issues and one of my british colleagues opened an "incident" with the following text:

QuoteIt has become clear that 52% of the UK population are blithering idiots
and should not be allowed to travel.

Please add them to as many blacklists as you can find. And then invent
some more blacklists and add them to those too.

[Take it as a joke of course]

And believe it or not, when I went to scotland for a year, my colleagues gave me this:

I trashed it two months ago: guess I should have kept it :)

girlracerTracey

Gerald Celente -Trends in the News SPECIAL Brexit Episode

https://www.youtube.com/v/DhfPRMJoZmY

grT

Vini

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 26, 2016, 09:22:23 PM
It seems to me if I am honest that the future system of governance of the EU Superstate is built upon the concept of a child-like trust of authority..

That's my honest take on this. My first rule of life is that I do not blindly trust my own sovereign government let alone the unaccountable system of governance of a federalised EU Superstate.

Do the citizens of the United States of America feel trust in their centralised federal government? Do the citizens of the U.S. Superstate feel that their federal government  is properly accountable to them? From what I have heard the answer is a a resounding no. Levels of confidence and trust in the U.S. Federal Government have never been lower and more imperiled.

So no personally the EU is not for me. In an ideal world in an ideal future in a distant universe maybe. But here and now no way Jose..! ;) Not in this world and not with the potential dangers that this world faces. We need to make those who govern us more accountable for their actions..not less. In my honest and personal opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

If Europe is happy to go forward with the concept of a Single Government, a single military force and a single set of fiscal laws then good for them.. I'm not buying. :)

I guess at the end of the day people just "tick" differently. We I suppose will just have to learn to respect and get along with the two different systems of governance and the two different systems of ideology. I guess there will have to be room for both? That's the way it's looking..
Quote from: vin97 on June 24, 2016, 08:48:56 PMthe (political) problems of most western democracies are very similar, no matter if isolated or united. i think the chance of fixing them is higher when all people see themselves as part of the same thing, though.

girlracerTracey

June 26, 2016, 10:55:09 PM #213 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:57:55 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: vin97 on June 26, 2016, 10:35:27 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 26, 2016, 09:22:23 PM
It seems to me if I am honest that the future system of governance of the EU Superstate is built upon the concept of a child-like trust of authority..

That's my honest take on this. My first rule of life is that I do not blindly trust my own sovereign government let alone the unaccountable system of governance of a federalised EU Superstate.

Do the citizens of the United States of America feel trust in their centralised federal government? Do the citizens of the U.S. Superstate feel that their federal government  is properly accountable to them? From what I have heard the answer is a a resounding no. Levels of confidence and trust in the U.S. Federal Government have never been lower and more imperiled.

So no personally the EU is not for me. In an ideal world in an ideal future in a distant universe maybe. But here and now no way Jose..! ;) Not in this world and not with the potential dangers that this world faces. We need to make those who govern us more accountable for their actions..not less. In my honest and personal opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

If Europe is happy to go forward with the concept of a Single Government, a single military force and a single set of fiscal laws then good for them.. I'm not buying. :)

I guess at the end of the day people just "tick" differently. We I suppose will just have to learn to respect and get along with the two different systems of governance and the two different systems of ideology. I guess there will have to be room for both? That's the way it's looking..
Quote from: vin97 on June 24, 2016, 08:48:56 PMthe (political) problems of most western democracies are very similar, no matter if isolated or united. i think the chance of fixing them is higher when all people see themselves as part of the same thing, though.

If you were some how able to take the predatory banking cabal out of the equation (completely) and do away with the private central banking system (completely) and banish the Rothschild banking empire and its associates to the dark side of the moon and re-programme mankind to be naturally philanthropic in their dealings with their fellow man (or woman) then I might begin to agree with you Vin.

It's a nice thought I have to say.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with it all. Interesting times are ahead of us all. Particularly with the heightened tensions on Russia's borders..

Peace and love.

grT

BozoCRO

Quote from: h106frp on June 26, 2016, 08:57:58 PM
I cannot wait for you to try and sell this idea to the new eastern european members- i have worked there (away from the tourist destinations) and i can tell you first hand they are far more insular than the UK ever was.

I live in one of those new eastern european members. Our lifes haven't changed all that much since we joined. Only the people who wanted to leave got their wish granted.
Overall small and medium business took an impact with more imported products on she shelfs, and only the big companies had success with exports. Of course there are always exceptions.

People had big expectations (specially regarding corruption and law making) when we joined and got disappointed overall, so no surprise about the lack of "european spirit".
This is turning out to be just another shit in a long history of shits being served to us under the label of a premium steak. 

HornetMaX

As expected: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/brussels-rejects-boris-johnson-pipe-dream-over-single-market-access

I think it's in the UK interest to find somebody with some brain and put him/her in charge immediately: a lot of damage is already done, but there's some serious potential for much more.
The more I read the UK news, the more I fear for you guys. It doesn't look good. At all ...

This is fresh:
#Merkel warns UK against cherry-picking 'you cannot expect that duties go away but privileges remain'
#Merkel tells MPs 'Free access to the single market to whichever country accepts the 4 freedoms of people, goods, services and capital'

Napalm Nick

June 28, 2016, 10:09:05 AM #216 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:53:44 AM by Napalm Nick
Lol the interesting part of this discussion is complete for me now. Posting 'press' links indeed.  Why even waste your time reading that?   Max the troll? ;)

Edit: adding that my comment is not supposed to come off rude  :-[ that is not what I am about. Please don't give me an 'ugh' lol.
Just that our press is just the usual biased sensational rubbish that really is not worth reading. The next interesting time will be in about 2 years.  I suppose it is kind of interesting to other people outside the UK (who are drowning in 24/7 press opinions) but keep an open mind and remember democracy rules over everything.

Here is a last thought - Germany alone exports direct to us 700billion of trade and imports a couple of billion. Who needs who?

Rhetorical  question, Merkel is already saying she respects our decision. Hmmm I wonder why!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

More interesting is the slipped out release about France and Germany taking over the economies of the whole of Europe - guess we now know how they are going to fund themselves going forward.

HornetMaX

@Nick: I still have to see anybody questioning the legitimacy of the result, don't know why you ask to remember that democracy rules over everything.

Merkel respects your decision (as essentially everybody does): that's why she's saying that 1 the UK is out of the EU and there's no "out but still a bit in" discussion. And 2, the sooner the UK formalizes the fact, the better.

I don't know which press you read, but what I posted above are mostly declarations (so no specific comment or side taken by the journo).
So skip the comments, just read what the big guns said. It's on record, unaltered.

Quote from: h106frp on June 28, 2016, 11:35:42 AM
More interesting is the slipped out release about France and Germany taking over the economies of the whole of Europe - guess we now know how they are going to fund themselves going forward.
No wait, wasn't the EU a CIA thingy ?

h106frp

Dont know about that but apparently Poland is a bit miffed by the idea

Hawk

@Max: Unless you see it on video or live on the news then you can disregard the print in any newspapers as it's well known that journalists of any media these days will twist and take out of context anything they print in an attempt to sensationalise their piece... Just look and listen to the doom-mongers dominating the press and media and very little being covered about the positives and the fact that the markets will settle down and everything will in reality be okay.

There has been many of those that are disappointed with the result calling for a possible second referendum because they believe that a lot of voters now regret voting leave.... I mean how pathetic can people get that they think they are so right that they cannot believe the result from one of the highest voter turn-outs in history.... As I said before, the sooner we dissolve the current parliament and go for a early general election so we get MP's into parliament who actually represent the people the better.... SACK the LOT of EM!  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 01:06:43 PM
@Max: Unless you see it on video or live on the news then you can disregard the print in any newspapers as it's well known that journalists of any media these days will twist and take out of context anything they print in an attempt to sensationalise their piece... Just look and listen to the doom-mongers dominating the press and media and very little being covered about the positives and the fact that the markets will settle down and everything will in reality be okay.

The declarations above are on video, reported by dozens of journos all around Europe and written (in multiple EU languages) in the official proceedings of the session.

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 01:06:43 PM
There has been many of those that are disappointed with the result calling for a possible second referendum because they believe that a lot of voters now regret voting leave.... I mean how pathetic can people get that they think they are so right that they cannot believe the result from one of the highest voter turn-outs in history.... As I said before, the sooner we dissolve the current parliament and go for a early general election so we get MP's into parliament who actually represent the people the better.... SACK the LOT of EM!  :P

That was my advice too:

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 26, 2016, 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 26, 2016, 01:49:13 PM
If I had my way I would dissolve the government and go for a general election right now
I can agree with that. I'm convinced the outcome would be a real catastrophe for the UK, far worse than the brexit stuff, but I don't see any solid argument to avoid an anticipated general election.

BTW, our pal Nigel F. just told all the EU MEPs (face to face) that they have never worked a single day of their life nor created a single job (yes, you can find that on video): how does that sound as a start for a negotiation of a commercial deal ? I'd go for "suicidal", but if it's OK for you ...

On a lighter note: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/28/romanians-for-remainians-an-adoption-offer-for-bewildered-brits

When you think it out in fact, it's not a dumb solution: France for example could take in the some of the UK citizens that want to stay in the EU and send you in exchange a bunch of extreme-righters, anti-EUs, nationalists, royalist etc. I think it's doable: Scotland and N.Ireland could split, so how many are left in the UK ? Let's round to 50M and say half are for the leave and hence will stay in the UK. That makes 25M going out (to France, Germany, Spain etc) and 25M to go in: I have little doubt that across the EU we can find 25M that share the vision put forward by the leave camp. So it sounds doable :)

Napalm Nick

It would be nice to hear from someone here with a firm Remain belief to spice the thread up. I would like to think most of us are mature enough not to let it get to a shit flinging contest! (possibly the only forum EVER to achieve that?)

I struggle to see how it was so close at 48:52 when I can count the people in my social circle who voted Remain on one hand, only 3million signed the "can we have best of 3 " petition (with a lot of hacker/filler help too), and the finest forum in the World hasn't got a single one?  :o

Hehe yes Guimengo you are correct  :) If that product happens to be cars I guess we can all go back to Japan now and get some of them. Not like there aren't any non-EU choices. I would say America but not until Trump gets in lol.  I have my eyes set on a nice Chevrolet next (er made in Korea).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

I must admit Max when I heard Nigel rubbing it in to the EU like he did my head was in my hands.... Like you say, it's not a good grounding for negotiation talks. But I did enjoy it.... in fact loved it when Nigel told them some home truths about hardly any of them having had a real job in their lives! Hehe!  ;D
We can't really blame Nigel for telling them "I told you so" after the way they ridiculed him for saying the UK would leave the EU 17 years ago.  ;)

But if the UK had anything about them they'd also be pushing just as hard if not more so to get more trade deals from the other countries in the world besides the EU.... The EU isn't the only country we can deal with. In fact I would put more emphasis on bigger and better trade deals with all the other countries in the world besides the EU because despite us getting out of the EU, the EU is still a bunch of pratts when it comes to negotiations; they will always want anyone who trades with them to allow free movement of EU workforce in return..... BOLLOCKS to them I say!! If all other countries said them the same them they'd soon change their attitude..... I mean they talk about other countries wanting special concessions, well seems to me the EU wants a MASSIVE special concession just to even begin trading with them! Hypocrites!!  :P

Hawk.

Vini

June 28, 2016, 03:49:15 PM #224 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:19:19 PM by vin97
Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 03:01:43 PMIn fact I would put more emphasis on bigger and better trade deals with all the other countries in the world besides the EU
i'm sure the us will come up with a wonderful version of ttip for you then.

not too worried about this shit coming to the eu, if the recent past is any guide.

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 26, 2016, 10:55:09 PMIf you were some how able to take the predatory banking cabal out of the equation (completely) and do away with the private central banking system (completely) and banish the Rothschild banking empire and its associates to the dark side of the moon and re-programme mankind to be naturally philanthropic in their dealings with their fellow man (or woman) then I might begin to agree with you Vin.
how exactly does isolation solve those problems, though? do you think unity caused them?